Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 03:34 PM

27 posts, read 9,968 times

Advertisements

I met an older guy and we are very attracted to each other. He is 61. He had not made a move so I figured he didn't realize my age. I finally told him I'm in my 50s and he genuinely seemed surprised. I am his client. He has complimented me on my appearance (once before I told him my age and then right after) We smile really big at each other and (it was a little much) but I caught him looking at my chest and looking me up and down when I was saying good bye. It felt like he was going to hug me or something. I told him I'll be in touch in a week or two and I plan to be (as a client). I would definitely prefer he ask me out. I don't think I've ever asked a man out in my life. Any advice would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2024, 03:48 PM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Yeah. Don't. You have a business relationship with him as a client (for whatever). His employer likely has rules forbidding relationships with clients.

Old 03-30-2024, 03:51 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
As a client could you ask him to discuss some of your business over a cup of afternoon coffee?
I'm not shy in that regard, I'd ask a guy for a casual meet if I were interested. It's just as scary for them to ask as it is for you to ask, take a chance, the worst that can happen is he turns you down.

Old 03-30-2024, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah. Don't. You have a business relationship with him as a client (for whatever). His employer likely has rules forbidding relationships with clients.
I am his client, he owns the business. Thank you.

Old 03-30-2024, 05:08 PM

22,557 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Business OR pleasure… not both. Make a choice.

Old 03-30-2024, 05:24 PM

867 posts, read 456,506 times
Do you know for certain if he's for single that's the first thing?
Some kind of work thing, l dunno, depends on the situation l spose but it wouldn't stop me if l was very keen on someone v special , and it must happen everyday so, yaknow.
l suppose things especially for you might feel a bit awkward though from there if he declined, something to weigh up.
Apart from any of that stuff though if your ok with it, only if you felt it could really be something v special then why not. As for leading if he was really keen you being a client would probably hold him back so in this case a bit of a nudge from you could be needed.

Old 03-30-2024, 06:39 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I echo the business and personal issues

Old 03-31-2024, 05:59 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random10 View Post
I met an older guy and we are very attracted to each other. He is 61. He had not made a move so I figured he didn't realize my age. I finally told him I'm in my 50s and he genuinely seemed surprised. I am his client. He has complimented me on my appearance (once before I told him my age and then right after) We smile really big at each other and (it was a little much) but I caught him looking at my chest and looking me up and down when I was saying good bye. It felt like he was going to hug me or something. I told him I'll be in touch in a week or two and I plan to be (as a client). I would definitely prefer he ask me out. I don't think I've ever asked a man out in my life. Any advice would be appreciated.
What if he was checking you out but is already married or in a relationship? Would you respect him then? What if he was unattractive but flirting with you in a professional setting? What if this is a normal pattern on his part, where he looks most women up and down, for his own entertainment WHILE WORKING? These situations show big red flags on his part.

Don’t ask him out. Don’t accept an invitation. He has already crossed the line. Yuck.

Old 03-31-2024, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
What if he was checking you out but is already married or in a relationship? Would you respect him then? What if he was unattractive but flirting with you in a professional setting? What if this is a normal pattern on his part, where he looks most women up and down, for his own entertainment WHILE WORKING? These situations show big red flags on his part.

Don’t ask him out. Don’t accept an invitation. He has already crossed the line. Yuck.
I'm pretty sure he's single. I would think he's gross if he was with someone. I wouldn't say he started the flirting. One day we were just smiling really big at each other and I was surprised I even liked him. I remember thinking "what is going here?" when we were looking at each other that day. He is normally a little blunt (as am I) but we've been exceptionally nice to each other ever since.

I would like more of a focus on me, rather than my boobs lol. I think men have that instinct though, to focus sexually first. I'm not going to ask him. If he's a man, focused on sex, he can lead and be the man that way too.

I have seen him interact with other female clients and he did not look them up and down like that. He's actually very professional, very good at his work etc. He may not have had a mutual attraction to those ladies though. (to be fair)

Old 03-31-2024, 09:35 AM

2,020 posts, read 976,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random10 View Post
I'm pretty sure he's single. I would think he's gross if he was with someone. I wouldn't say he started the flirting. One day we were just smiling really big at each other and I was surprised I even liked him. I remember thinking "what is going here?" when we were looking at each other that day. He is normally a little blunt (as am I) but we've been exceptionally nice to each other ever since.

I would like more of a focus on me, rather than my boobs lol. I think men have that instinct though, to focus sexually first. I'm not going to ask him. If he's a man, focused on sex, he can lead and be the man that way too.

I have seen him interact with other female clients and he did not look them up and down like that. He's actually very professional, very good at his work etc. He may not have had a mutual attraction to those ladies though. (to be fair)
Has he asked if they're real?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships