Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 03:27 AM

4 posts, read 95,645 times

Advertisements

Ladies,

What do you think? Do you ever read it, and if so, is it at all a turn-on?

Old 06-09-2008, 04:52 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,902,719 times
IMO, women are not generally into that sort of thing. At least I have never met one that was, including myself. Men are generally more visual and turned on by images. I would guess more gay men purchase those rather than women.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:25 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
IMO, women are not generally into that sort of thing. At least I have never met one that was, including myself. Men are generally more visual and turned on by images. I would guess more gay men purchase those rather than women.
good point--lol
i am with her....

Old 06-09-2008, 05:33 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
I agree. I'm not into this and I don't know a woman who is. I'm sure they exist though. They wouldn't be able to sell the magazine oherwise but I'm not sure of their motive. I've always thought it was a tit for tat if they can do it so can we kind of thing, which is silly if you really are't into it.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:40 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
i guess the same women who enjoy strip clubs would enjoy the magazine...

Old 06-09-2008, 05:52 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
I used to work for a bookstore that had a extensive magazine rack, every magazine you can think of and some I had never heard of including all the skin magazines. I saw one and looked at it but it was not to my taste (so to speak).

Old 06-09-2008, 05:55 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,664,286 times
Playgirl, I think is for gay men. I saw it once several years ago and the layout seems like its to attract gay men. I was not turned on or even interested in looking past the few pages I saw.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:23 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,949,050 times
I got my wife a couple when we were still dating... to me (as a guy) I'm not threatened by her looking at other guys. One of two things will happen. She'll look... appreciate it, and stay with me; or, look at it, appreciate it, and leave me. But I'm secure enough in myself to get it for her.

The thing is, she has the same thoughts as most women in here, I believe. I truly think she appreciates the guys bodies (build, musculature, handsomeness (are these even real words?), etc.) more than the "package." In truth, she's always thought that part of the male anatomy was weird.

So, although she has looked at them, and would again, I don't think it's so much a visual stimulation as an overall appreciation of the guy (she would probably be just fine if the guy was wearing underwear as totally naked).

Of course, she looks at most of the "good" looking ones and says "he's gay... he's gay... he's not..."

Old 06-09-2008, 06:31 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
In truth, she's always thought that part of the male anatomy was weird.
That's a really interesting topic in itself. Why do (most) women I meet find male genitalia so "weird" or "silly-looking"? To my knowledge, men who are attracted to women don't feel that way about female genitalia. (I could be wrong). I guess a lot of people really can't get used to the idea of someone being so different there.

Anyway, as for Playgirl, count me in the group of people who just don't care to look at it. Same thing with Playboy. Don't really want to look at either one. I wouldn't be surprised if Playgirl, though I'm sure originally intended for women, started catering to gay men because they might be more likely to purchase it. (I'm not saying there aren't any women who would be interested in looking at it/buying it--I have met some).

Old 06-09-2008, 06:51 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
That's a really interesting topic in itself. Why do (most) women I meet find male genitalia so "weird" or "silly-looking"? To my knowledge, men who are attracted to women don't feel that way about female genitalia. (I could be wrong). I guess a lot of people really can't get used to the idea of someone being so different there.

Anyway, as for Playgirl, count me in the group of people who just don't care to look at it. Same thing with Playboy. Don't really want to look at either one. I wouldn't be surprised if Playgirl, though I'm sure originally intended for women, started catering to gay men because they might be more likely to purchase it. (I'm not saying there aren't any women who would be interested in looking at it/buying it--I have met some).
Simple. We're not visually stimulated like men. I'm convinced men are much more visual than women. If I'm not visual, I'm going to look at weird things hanging off of a body as weird things hanging off a body . Now if we were visually stiumlated, the sight of sexual organs might do something for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships