Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 02:31 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times

Advertisements

Met my current girlfriend at BookOfMatches. Completely free. Search, view, email, forums. All free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 03:23 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,531,422 times
ConnectingSingles.com is a good one (I have a friend who has used it and found a great guy on there). It's completely free also.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:26 PM

5,477 posts, read 12,249,829 times
Ron,

Have you tried the meetup type groups where you connect with people with common interests?

Old 06-19-2008, 03:33 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,653,337 times
A couple in my Bible Study group met on-line and married. I think they used Yahoo Personals. I have two other friends on Yahoo Personals. And one of those just got married. I guess they had success with them.
Two of our kids tried professional dating services in their cities. Our daughter who is one of the VPs of the Cinci Zoo met a Pharmacist and they got married four years ago. My other son just joined a group near Dallas and has been on what he says is three great dates. They are a bit expensive but I think it eliminates the questionable dater.
Sounds like it may be worth a try....just be smart while you are doing that.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:58 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,386,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSer View Post
dating sites are for losers. im sorry. it is hard to meet people IRL though nowadays as people are more and more spending time on the internet. if there is a will there is always a way. i guess.
I agree...plus it is so easy to lie on those sites anyway. I mean, come on, I would. It's so fun to f' with people!

Anyone who needs to a dating site to find someone is pretty pathetic.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:13 PM

33 posts, read 97,042 times
dating websites are stupid and "fantasy" if you know what i mean. I love thinking about the 1st time I met my boyfriend, and how I got butterflies when I saw him. It intrigued me to find out about him.

Why would you waste your time finding out all about a person that you dont even know you are attracted to. Everyone makes themselves sound super online. Of course they arent going to say "i have a lysp, i have no fashion sense, im very stubborn..." blah blah blah. you only get to really know someone from spending REAL time with them.

seriously dating sites are for lazy people who have no self esteem... and thats all your going to find on there. if these people on these websites were really someone worth dating, then they wouldnt be on these sites!! lol they would already be taken!

Old 06-25-2008, 05:53 PM

845 posts, read 2,744,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondesexlove View Post
dating websites are stupid and "fantasy" if you know what i mean. I love thinking about the 1st time I met my boyfriend, and how I got butterflies when I saw him. It intrigued me to find out about him.

Why would you waste your time finding out all about a person that you dont even know you are attracted to. Everyone makes themselves sound super online. Of course they arent going to say "i have a lysp, i have no fashion sense, im very stubborn..." blah blah blah. you only get to really know someone from spending REAL time with them.

seriously dating sites are for lazy people who have no self esteem... and thats all your going to find on there. if these people on these websites were really someone worth dating, then they wouldnt be on these sites!! lol they would already be taken!
OMG, like, for real

Old 06-25-2008, 10:11 PM

33 posts, read 97,042 times
OMG, like, why dont you leave some real advice and stop trying to make drama!!

Old 06-28-2008, 01:59 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,309,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondesexlove View Post

Wow. Could you possibly be more offensive?

I know many couples (married) who met on dating sites. None of them are losers. They are wonderful, attractive people who just weren't in situations that allowed them to meet new people. If you're out of college, live in a small town, don't go to bars and don't want to date people you work with, you don't have a lot of other options.

The people I know didn't carry out a relationship online. They found someone with similar interests, then arranged to meet so they could see if they were attracted to each other.

It may not be something that appeals to you, but there's no need to insult people who have used them. The only losers I see here are those who feel the need to be so nasty towards people they know absolutely nothing about.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:43 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I agree...plus it is so easy to lie on those sites anyway. I mean, come on, I would. It's so fun to f' with people!

Anyone who needs to a dating site to find someone is pretty pathetic.

Really? How else would I be able to do it? I actually WORK nights when most people are out "prowling"...and I don't want to meet DRUNKS, so what's the point in finding them in bars anyhow? And I don't date people I work with...so that leaves?

I make sure they're local to me. No point in traveling two hours to meet someone, especially if you're having to work at 8 p.m.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships