Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 08:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Its amazing how differently it effects people, I get REALLY friendly and my clothes tend to fall off. This is why I rarely drink AND never around people I don't know well.
I believe alcohol enhances the mood you're already in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 08:31 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
I hope he does. This time it was such a knock down drag out fight I could tell he was about to lose it. We were at a party and he started saying stuff that was just 'off'. I walked over kissed him and said "you are becoming that angry drunk, just be careful"

Since there were over fifty people at the party I didn't see him until later. He started snipping at other people, and getting a little nuts. A few of our friends were looking at me and trying to calm him down. I walked away. Nothing happened, and I told him it was time for me to go home.

We got home and he was being nuts. Asking me what was wrong. I told him I didn't want to discuss it while he had been drinking and he freaked out. Usually there is much more to these lovely little shindigs (thank goodness only a few times). So he gets it the next day what an ******* he has been. God knows if he will remember tomorrow...

Old 06-28-2008, 08:32 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I hope he does. This time it was such a knock down drag out fight I could tell he was about to lose it. We were at a party and he started saying stuff that was just 'off'. I walked over kissed him and said "you are becoming that angry drunk, just be careful"

Since there were over fifty people at the party I didn't see him until later. He started snipping at other people, and getting a little nuts. A few of our friends were looking at me and trying to calm him down. I walked away. Nothing happened, and I told him it was time for me to go home.

We got home and he was being nuts. Asking me what was wrong. I told him I didn't want to discuss it while he had been drinking and he freaked out. Usually there is much more to these lovely little shindigs (thank goodness only a few times). So he gets it the next day what an ******* he has been. God knows if he will remember tomorrow...
So he's gone to bed then?

Old 06-28-2008, 08:34 PM

No.....at least I don't think so. I am in bed, he is sleeping in the basement. He ordered food a half hour ago or so saying he was hungry...I am just leaving him be.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
No.....at least I don't think so. I am in bed, he is sleeping in the basement. He ordered food a half hour ago or so saying he was hungry...I am just leaving him be.
Good plan. Now, what's your plan for tomorrow? Is there a way for your kids to be somewhere else so you can have a serious discussion about all this with him without them around?

Old 06-28-2008, 08:36 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I believe alcohol enhances the mood you're already in.
I have been in very good, silly, giggly moods before, then drink too much of the hard liquor, boom! Crazy woman shows up.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Good plan. Now, what's your plan for tomorrow? Is there a way for your kids to be somewhere else so you can have a serious discussion about all this with him without them around?
Yes, I'll send them to the neighbors while we talk. It is just a horrible time right now, we are moving in a week so everything is up in the air.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I have been in very good, silly, giggly moods before, then drink too much of the hard liquor, boom! Crazy woman shows up.
Seriously, I know. I have a friend just like this. She learned that she has a problem with alcohol and can never drink it again. It was like having it in her body caused some kind of chemical reaction that brought on some kind of psychological distress/breakdown.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'll send them to the neighbors while we talk. It is just a horrible time right now, we are moving in a week so everything is up in the air.
This kind of crisis never seems to happen at a convenient time does it

The main thing is for you to be clear on what you want to communicate to him and what you expect to hear back from him I guess. I'd say at this point that never drinking again in his life is a no-brainer.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:43 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Seriously, I know. I have a friend just like this. She learned that she has a problem with alcohol and can never drink it again. It was like having it in her body caused some kind of chemical reaction that brought on some kind of psychological distress/breakdown.
Hmmmmm...interesting. I wonder how come I can drink wine or beer, and usually be fine.
At any rate, if he can eat, that will help soak up the alcohol. Shouldn`t be long now until he passes out. I hope he realizes that he needs to stop drinking after the incident tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships