Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women: What do you think of the football player macho (manly man)
He turns me on (I wish more men were real men) 1 16.67%
Only good for sexual purposes 1 16.67%
That is how men should be but I can not find one 0 0%
I dislike macho football player types 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 08:12 AM

146 posts, read 641,839 times

Advertisements

A girl in the office (who is going to college and is an Intern) is in the dating world but is very picky. She will only date men who are on the football team at her college. She loves her men mean and macho. She is turned on by big muscles, huge forearms, huge features, a low voice and other manly tendencies.

Regular men are sissies to her and a nice guy is not manly enough for her. She needs macho.

My question is this: Is this all that common? Do most women really get turned on by big macho football players and is the average man really not manly enough for women? What do you think of a real macho man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 08:19 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,310,297 times
All women are different, just as all men are different. Different people like different things. Just because one woman has such narrow dating requirements, doesn't mean we all do.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:38 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,688,134 times
That's her preference, I guess. We all get turned on by different things. As for me, I heavily dislike those types, macho muscular guys and thick-necked jocks... ewwww.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:20 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,271,814 times
I dont know..I just go tomboy around dudes like this.

I dont really find them appealing in that way. I just start talking about more macho things with them.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:24 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,677,349 times
To each their own I guess!
Like the others have said, its all in what an individual likes, whether its a deep voice, big arms, or whatever.
Why? Are you interested in this girl?

Old 08-17-2008, 09:36 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,384,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
A girl in the office (who is going to college and is an Intern) is in the dating world but is very picky. She will only date men who are on the football team at her college. She loves her men mean and macho. She is turned on by big muscles, huge forearms, huge features, a low voice and other manly tendencies.

Regular men are sissies to her and a nice guy is not manly enough for her. She needs macho.

My question is this: Is this all that common? Do most women really get turned on by big macho football players and is the average man really not manly enough for women? What do you think of a real macho man?
I've seen this type. You generally see them earlier in life...in your 20s. She's in college, you report. Is she attractive that she can be this choosy? And she thinks regular men are less than masculine....wow. I guess most guys wouldn't fit the bill.

One girl I grew up with comes to mind. One phrase says it all: missing father figure -- her mom moved her from the NY suburbs to LA when she was 9, the parents divorced when she was 4, and she never saw her dad since.

Here's a great story. She was engaged during college to an older guy (relatively) because he was financially a "good catch," but kind of nerdy. She was being promiscuous with jocks and fraternity guys at college while engaged and while newly married, with kids I might add. They got divorced. She then found the big, brawny guy she was looking for within 5 years. He had a decent job, but he drank and was abusive to her. They got divorced. She has not remarried since they last time I contact with her, but is visibly nicer to a broader range of suitors.

Let's see how your college intern friend shakes out over the years....

Old 08-17-2008, 09:39 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,244,197 times
I think maturity plays a big factor in what someone finds attractive in the opposite sex. I know that what I found attractive when I was 20 seriously turns me off now.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:25 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
That's her preference, I guess. We all get turned on by different things.
Or off! Speaking of it, when a see somebody write "a womEn" (which is half or more of the men on craigslist, for instance) it drives me nuts!

Old 08-17-2008, 12:04 PM

22,233 posts, read 19,245,773 times
this post sounds a little strange to me
yes, i can see going after jock types but some of the details (like only on the football team) from a woman going to college, well, the post sounds a little suspect

as far is what a person's type is, it's her choice

i'm less concerned with a person's body type, but i don't want to be with someone who is obsessed with their looks or vain about their appearance, to me that signifies someone who is superficial. Taking care of the body for health and vigor is one thing, but self-absorption in a man or woman's looks is BORING to be around

Old 08-17-2008, 12:14 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,458,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
This girl is young, dumb and full of...stupid requirements when it comes to men. After some living, she'll come to her senses. It may take a while, but it'll eventually happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships