Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 01:51 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,868,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Why? Are you ugly? And you do spout out a lot of negative attitude towards women on this board. It wouldn't surprise me if women in real life can tell you have these negative thoughts towards them. You do have a lot of negative energy surrounding you and your posts.

Back on topic, I approach guys all the time for friendship. And if I were single, if I liked a guy enough as a friend and was interested in dating him, I would ask him out. But no way would I just come out and ask out some random stranger on a date... not in this day and age.
No, I'm not ugly. If I posted my face and someone from LA saw what I've post, girls will say "That's the dude who's making negative generalizations from city-data". It would be too bad for my chances.

Like I said, I'm not ugly, but I barely smile because looking at the situation with the younger generation and how things are these days.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
I was never scared of rejection. Maybe because I wasn't rejected that often (I was quite a looker in my youth )

But also - THERE ARE SO MANY single men out there - there are a TON...often times I look down at the ground from the window seat of an airplane and think "WOW there are a ton of people in this world - I probably won't even meet 5% of them"

And yet two people come together. Just two - out of what 6 billion??

Who cares if you get rejected - so you realize how many opportunities there are to just say "Hi"?

Besides the BEST part is test driving all the different personalities (fun!) - it makes the security of picking just the right one that much stronger.
Or nodding my head as a sign of "Whats up".

Old 07-07-2008, 01:54 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,618,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I was beginning to wonder why girls never approach guys? Why does it always have to be the guys to approach girls? Why do guys always have to do the hard work; the approaching, the greeting, the 'asking out' routine', all that?
My current lady friend approached me and asked me out. It's a nice change of pace. What's even better is when you later find out from her friends that she never does that.

Major ego strokes.

What was strange was that she used almost the exact words Revelated stated - "I like you. I want to spend time with you and see where it goes."

Do they learn that from their "Girl Book"?

Old 07-07-2008, 02:05 PM

7,077 posts, read 8,936,385 times
Quote:
I was beginning to wonder why girls never approach guys? Why does it always have to be the guys to approach girls? Why do guys always have to do the hard work; the approaching, the greeting, the 'asking out' routine', all that?

Now I've never approached a girl, not even asking her out because I can't take the risk of rejection. One girl did approach me back in high school, but that was it.
When I was your age I had to hit a woman in the head with a club and drag her back to my cave by her hair just to get a date, not much has changed since then.

I met my wife under the strangest of circumstances when I was 20, one day you will meet someone out of the blue without expecting it, get to talking, and really hit it off. You have a lot more time than you realize to meet plenty of women, chances are you will really click with one of them.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
When I was your age I had to hit a woman in the head with a club and drag her back to my cave by her hair just to get a date, not much has changed since then.

I met my wife under the strangest of circumstances when I was 20, one day you will meet someone out of the blue without expecting it, get to talking, and really hit it off. You have a lot more time than you realize to meet plenty of women, chances are you will really click with one of them.
Only if they're my type. I have limitations and preference for women. That's just me.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:42 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,692,153 times
Girls don't approach the guys they like. Mostly they just send a gf of them to tell the dude "hey, my friend wants to meet you"

Old 07-07-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
Girls don't approach the guys they like. Mostly they just send a gf of them to tell the dude "hey, my friend wants to meet you"
I wish I could have a friend or a cousin bring a girl I like to me. But no, most would see those guys as cowards.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:51 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
Quote:
No, I'm not ugly. If I posted my face and someone from LA saw what I've post, girls will say "That's the dude who's making negative generalizations from city-data". It would be too bad for my chances.

Like I said, I'm not ugly, but I barely smile because looking at the situation with the younger generation and how things are these days.
Well how about you stop with the negative generalizations about women? If you are ashamed to have real life women associate your negative comments on the internet with who you are in real life, then you should stop making them. You are being dishonest about yourself in real life.

Just like you would like a girlfriend that you can trust and loves you 100%, she would want a man that trust and loves her 100% back. And I certainly wouldn't want to date a man who posts the crap you do about women and black women on the internet. That's like leading a secret life and being dishonest about the person you are.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:58 PM

Default Making my font smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Well how about you stop with the negative generalizations about women? If you are ashamed to have real life women associate your negative comments on the internet with who you are in real life, then you should stop making them. You are being dishonest about yourself in real life.

Just like you would like a girlfriend that you can trust and loves you 100%, she would want a man that trust and loves her 100% back. And I certainly wouldn't want to date a man who posts the crap you do about women and black women on the internet. That's like leading a secret life and being dishonest about the person you are.
Now when did race play part? When did I mention race in any of my threads? And why are women always changing their minds on certain aspects? Why do most women want kids? When was the last time I mentioned race?

Old 07-07-2008, 03:59 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,981,365 times
Quote:
Why do most women want kids?
Because that's how the human race has continued itself, by women (and men) wanting to procreate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships