Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2008, 12:25 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,040,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenOlenska View Post
Again, your intolerance shows through. People who do not share the same views as you are not necessarily closed minded or cannot see outside their own views. They just see the situation differently than you do.

You remind me of what some people have said about radical leftists in San Francisco who always go around taunting how tolerant of others they are, but once someone disagrees with them, they label the other as ignorant or resort to name-calling.
I believe I was very clear when I said I didn't CARE for it...not that I was intolerant of it. It's your opinion that I am intolerant, but evidence shows otherwise. Read what I said again, and keep your mind open in the process.

I am detecting that you have been betrayed in a marriage or serious relationship. If that is the case, I am sorry for your pain. If that is not the case, my bad. I detect a hint of anger and rage at the mere idea that others will go outside their marriage and actually have permission to do it. I can understand why they would be unable to accept the idea of an open marriage under those circumstances.

I don't recall where I have ever resorted to name calling. Have you ever been to San Francisco to see these "radical leftists" you know so much about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 12:28 AM

233 posts, read 828,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly757 View Post
I believe I was very clear when I said I didn't CARE for it...not that I was intolerant of it. It's your opinion that I am intolerant, but evidence shows otherwise. Read what I said again, and keep your mind open in the process.

I am detecting that you have been betrayed in a marriage or serious relationship. If that is the case, I am sorry for your pain. If that is not the case, my bad. I detect a hint of anger and rage at the mere idea that others will go outside their marriage and actually have permission to do it. I can understand why they would be unable to accept the idea of an open marriage under those circumstances.

LOL. There you are trying to pass judgment again in a snide way. I have never been betrayed by a man before.

The fact that you cannot accept that someone who is not messed up has a different view shows how closed minded you really are. Again, SF radicals come to mind.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:30 AM

Ellen, I bid you well. It's really not worth the argument, so I duly bow down to your superiority. Good night.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:30 AM

Quote:
I copied your words almost verbatim, but changed it to the flip side. It actually was part of the point...it can go both ways. You can twist it all you want, too!

And my point was that your statement didn't make sense based on what was said.

Interpreting from secondary sources is better than thinking up that someone enjoys something when there is evidence to the contrary.

Now you are both twisting things.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Ellen, I bid you well. It's really not worth the argument, so I duly bow down to your superiority. Good night.

Thank you for no longer trying to shut me up by calling me closed minded for voicing my opinion.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:35 AM

2,397 posts, read 6,462,002 times
Quote:
Wow, if you found out your husband was hurt, you wouldn't feel sorry, but would lose respect for him?
When a man doesn't have the ball$ to stand up to me and let me know what's what, then all respect goes out the window. I don't want a doormat. I want a man who can put me in my place from time to time.

Fortunately, my man knows how to handle me and he has my full and total love and respect.

So, yeah....

Old 07-18-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
When a man doesn't have the ball$ to stand up to me and let me know what's what, then all respect goes out the window. I don't want a doormat. I want a man who can put me in my place from time to time.

Fortunately, my man knows how to handle me and he has my full and total love and respect.

So, yeah....
oooh...the eye roll again!

Do it to me again! Do it again! I miss it!

Old 07-18-2008, 12:38 AM

Quote:
I don't recall where I have ever resorted to name calling. Have you ever been to San Francisco to see these "radical leftists" you know so much about?
The name-calling comes from frustration, which apparently runs rampant on this board. Mari4him has it right when she attacks the issue, not the poster.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
oooh...the eye roll again!

Do it to me again! Do it again! I miss it!
What can I tell ya? When your comments call for an eye-roll, then you'll get one.

BTW...sarcasm is not your strong suit, so you should just not attempt it.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:41 AM

I wonder if some of the posters act this way in real life, or just save it for us on the boards? <inserting eye roll here> Some of this came from left field!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships