Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 11:17 AM

22,206 posts, read 19,233,374 times

Advertisements

I came across the most enchanting lovely notion this week, that is we can not have joy-filled lives until we have joy-filled moments and joy-filled days. It got me noticing consciously all the moments in my day that do bring me joy. Not the big lifetime stuff, like getting a promotion or having a baby or getting married, but the every-day moments that our week is filled with.

So....What is on your list this week or last week of things that have given you joy-filled moments? Please list 5-10 items. Thank you.

I'll start:
1. Seeing the baby prairie dogs running around on my morning walk
2. Hummingbirds are out by the dozen seen on my walk at work
3. Fresh mint in sweet iced tea on a hot day after work
4. A lady at work has the most light-filled smile
5. Finding an unusual feather while walking
6. The view of the mountains near where i live, purple, blue, gold

This is in "Relationships" forum because it is about living a joy-filled life through relationship with your self, what you notice, what you see, what fills your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 11:22 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times

my agenda is 5 things that will make me look like that

Old 07-16-2008, 11:28 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,646,674 times
Ok, I'm with you on this. Here is what makes my days worthwhile.

Waking up just in time to catch the sunrise - and when it's all dark pink and reddish and glowing - I love that!
The smell if the fresh cut grass that my neighbor has which is called timothy grass which is VERY sweet smelling...
My horses snickering and calling to me when they see me no matter the time of day but always great to start the day.
My cats always greeting me in the morning.
The perfect stillness and quiet in my house before everyone wakes to start their day.
The best part of waking up is waking up being spooned by my darling SO. He is the best spooner!!!

Old 07-16-2008, 11:29 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
This is in "Relationships" forum because it is about living a joy-filled life through relationship with your self, what you notice, what you see, what fills your life.
I'm on a similar mission as well.

- In the morning I take a few minutes to watch the bunnies and the quail in the wash by my house.

- On the way to work I listen to relaxing music and pick the scenic route. It helps that school's out now because otherwise this route gets irritating. God, speaking of relaxing music, you're not gonna believe this! I bought a CD with a warning sticker I thought was a joke at first - It may cause drowsiness! It wasn't a joke...

- At work I try to enjoy mostly the company of the ground squirrels and the lizards in the backyard.

- Since I need so many things for my new house, I'm trying to not indulge myself much lately, but yesterday said to myself - scre* it, you're a human, too, and bought some things for my senses and my soul. For the same reason haven't traveled or gotten out of town much, but did that as well last weekend. Went through bookstores, bought some books and other little things that will make me and other people happy.

- Will spend more time pampering myself.

Yeah, my relationship with myself is pretty good lately!

Old 07-16-2008, 11:29 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,786,192 times
Love this idea! And I love myself and I love all of you! (really I do)

Waking up to my happy sounding birds, chirping and singing very cheerfully

Brushing both of my daughters hair this morning

Allowing my 6 year old to make lemonaide and pour it into cups with a latel (big triumph for her and for me for allowing the mess!) She was so proud!

Looking into their eyes and connecting to them on a soul level

Looking out my window, the sun shining on the white and red rose bush with vibrant purple flowers near by. God sent that to me, it cheered me up indeed!

Old 07-16-2008, 11:32 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
1. Reaching the midpoint on the first draft of my third novel. I'm really pretty thrilled with this one. Everything seems to be clicking into place on this one.
2. Landing a new client.
3. Driving to South Carolina to attend the concert at my daughter's violin camp.
4. Six hours alone in the car with my wife. She's been in a pretty frisky mood lately.
5. Bought Lotto tickets. I'll see how it worked out.
6. Going sailing on Sunday if the weather holds out.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:36 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
  1. Bubbles
  2. Tanya
  3. Serena
  4. Felony
  5. Brittney

Old 07-16-2008, 11:36 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
  1. Bubbles
  2. Tanya
  3. Serena
  4. Felony
  5. Brittney

All at once?

Old 07-16-2008, 11:37 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
  1. Bubbles
  2. Tanya
  3. Serena
  4. Felony
  5. Brittney

No Summer?!

Old 07-16-2008, 11:39 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
No Summer?!
Well, yeah, but her and Autumn fell out of the Top 5 this week...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships