Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2008, 07:07 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,355,093 times

Advertisements

You wanna hear a good one??> I know someone cheating on her husband for 15 out of the 25 years they are married. He is a great guy and I cannot believe she is doing this to him. She broke it off with the last boyfriend and NOW has another boyfriend!! He is married with college aged children and she is married with a senior in high school and a 23 year old son. I never know what to say to her except you are going to lose so and so one day.....and it will be too late.
Why does she stay with the man she married? She has it good. He makes six figures and will not leave him... one of these days he is going to catch her! I have told her this to her face too....She doesn't seem to care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 07:30 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,238,147 times
To the other woman out there,

A Special Woman you are: It takes a very special OW indeed to compete against a married woman that had no idea she was competing at all. I am not sure who I feel more sorrow for, the OW for being morally and emotionally bankrupt, for not being able to compete in the real world, for not having enough self respect or integrity to play fair, or the betrayed spouse for being lied to, deceived, cheated, plotted against, made fun of, intentionally hurt. Blindsided and her heart and world ripped out from under her, only to learn that it's going to never be the same, that the OW helped steal years of happiness, caused years of emotional abuse to spread like disease through out the marriage and household and ultimately affected every aspect of the family unit in a negative way. All was uninvited, unwelcome and came unknowingly by the betrayed spouse. This is Cowardly on the part of the OW and the MM.

Please know OW, you were not all that and a bag of chips. He didn't want you because you were special, because you were beautiful, because you were smart, because you were witty, because you cooked better, because you were his sole mate, because you were better in bed, because you were sexier. None of those things apply to you. He wanted you because of the exact opposite. Because you were cheap & easy. You stroked his broken image, you confused s** and love. You were nothing more than a dirty little secret. What kind of a loving, wonderful man that wants you in every way, emotionally, spiritually, physically, and in love would keep you a "dirty little secret", hidden in a stinky little apartment, only to visit for an hour or two at a time? What kind of a loving wonderful man that wants you in every way, emotionally, spiritually, physically, and in love would not want to take you out in public and announce to the world that he is in love with you? And you OW, why on earth would you sit and wait for him? Why would you accept such treatment? Why, because your self worth and self respect was as broken and distorted as his. Why on earth would you confuse s** and love? Why would you believe that he would leave his life, his wife and family, especially after months and months, often years of waiting. Have you never heard the saying "actions speak louder than words?"

Take my advice and end it now.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:27 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,866,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
To the other woman out there,
It takes two to tango. My take on the men is that they were the type who, when single, had a string of women interested in them and willing to do their bidding. Marriage vows do nothing to change these men, their attitudes or desires.

Women with low esteem need the reinforcement of "catching" such men since they will show little interest in them before marriage.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:46 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,304,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I am so sorry you are going through this...People like this deserve each other...hang in there.
Thank you. You are absolutely right. Even though the pain was unbearable at times, I am the lucky one in the whole situation. I will be free to find someone honest and loving like myself.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:39 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,345,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denise012864 View Post
I've been dating a married man for almost 6 months now and am in love with him. I see him very often and he treats me very well. The problem is I've been in his wife's shoes and she found out about us after a couple of months but doesn't know we're still seeing each other. He has attemptede (so he says) to leave her twice then maintains things go deeper than he thought. I tell him I'll lose in the end and he always tells me "never say never". I am too in love to walk away but am tired of this life with him the way it is. Please don't be harsh as I'm only looking for advise. I already know what I'm doing is wrong and immoral.
My advice to u is to get out while the getting is good. What if the wife is psycho? Do u really think you can build a quality lasting relationship with a man who has demonstrated he is a liar and a cheater. Do u really want a relationship built upon lies and the hurt of other people? U say u r in love, so I know walking away would be difficult, but better to grieve now after just six months than to stretch it out for maybe years and still end up grieving after it all falls apart anyway.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:29 PM

24 posts, read 72,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denise012864 View Post
I've been dating a married man for almost 6 months now and am in love with him. I see him very often and he treats me very well. The problem is I've been in his wife's shoes and she found out about us after a couple of months but doesn't know we're still seeing each other. He has attemptede (so he says) to leave her twice then maintains things go deeper than he thought. I tell him I'll lose in the end and he always tells me "never say never". I am too in love to walk away but am tired of this life with him the way it is. Please don't be harsh as I'm only looking for advise. I already know what I'm doing is wrong and immoral.

Find someone else if you need to have something else but by all means, get out of this relationship!

Old 01-19-2009, 11:05 PM

218 posts, read 756,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Do you know what you have in common with every other woman who gets tangled up in a relationship with a married man?

He's telling you he is going to leave his wife.
And by now you must already know precisely when, too. It's easier than you think to predict the exact day. You had better be sure to mark it on your calendar to brace yourself. Do it, go mark it now.....

the second Tuesday of next week -- is when it WILL HAPPEN!! Guaranteed! Trust me. This works.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:12 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,866,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busyandfizzy View Post
Find someone else if you need to have something else but by all means, get out of this relationship!
You forget, all the good ones are taken.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:38 PM

218 posts, read 756,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
You wanna hear a good one??> I know someone cheating on her husband for 15 out of the 25 years they are married. He is a great guy and I cannot believe she is doing this to him. She broke it off with the last boyfriend and NOW has another boyfriend!! He is married with college aged children and she is married with a senior in high school and a 23 year old son. I never know what to say to her except you are going to lose so and so one day.....and it will be too late.
Why does she stay with the man she married? She has it good. He makes six figures and will not leave him... one of these days he is going to catch her! I have told her this to her face too....She doesn't seem to care.
OMG me too! (The guy won't divorce due to religious faith and being upstanding in the town.)

Once a cheat, always a cheat.
Only trust these people as far as you can chuck them.

I stopped being friends with my best friend of two decades because I was so sick of her penchant for believing every darned BS with this turd she kept seeing. I could always see right through his BS and I just couldn't stomach either one... I also couldn't pretend to like him to be cordial at parties and what not.

Now, to be fair, if it was the guy in the above post cheating with my friend, it would be different. I hope somebody nicer, though, would come into that guy's life and wake him the heck up (be a blessing).

Old 02-05-2009, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,401 times
He cheats on his wife,trust me he'll do the same to you....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships