Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 09:46 PM

756 posts, read 2,093,231 times

Advertisements

To all the single women over 30 out there: stop buying into the "no men left" and "you have a better chance of blah blah than getting married" hype and see that you can have success at any age! Because more men look at me now at 31 than they ever did when I was 24. Is it amazing or what? I still don't have a boyfriend, but I get more play than I ever did. When I was in my twenties (until I started dating my ex from 28-30) I was lucky to get one date a month, now I get all kinds of offers. Of course I don't take them al up on them...I wonder if that is part of it? I am a more discriminating dater than I used to be, more self confident, or because I left my hometown (where there really were no prospects) I guess some people come i nto their own at different stages. Oh and actress Ruth Gordon is into her seventies and still attracts men with her charm and personality. If she can do it women in their 30s can! I also have taken the advice of authors like Dr Phil, Rachel Greenwald, and Evan Marc Katz. Another good one to learn from is Paige Parker, the author of the e-book for women, "Dating Without Drama" Sign up for her FREE newsletter to learn some good tips. I am just posting this because I get sick of the jadedness of single women in their 30s and 40s. (For some of them, maybe "their time" was when they were in their 20s?) I don't have kids BTW and the biological clock is obviously on silent mode..(obviously another sterotype is that single women in their 30s and above have a gaggle of kids by different daddies or their biological clocks sound like "60 Minutes" LOL) Good luck everyone out there in C-D land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 10:11 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,874,983 times
So why are you creating a thread on the subject? Just curious.

Now that you've learned something about relationships why not, if you have the time and energy, subscribe to the threads of some of the innumerable posters who welcome good advice and are obviously so often side-swiped by poster idiocy.

The problem with forums is basically two-fold. First, the majority latch on to a new thread like vampires into new blood and give their opinion. As the thread continues on and gets to 4 or more pages, the comments and suggestions made are reflective of those who have only read the first and last posts and thus their posts become insanely repetitive.

Second (and I really do like these CD forums in this respect) if someone posts something which seems a little off kilter, you can click onto their name and see not only their profile (if they choose to fill out that part of the deal) but also see their posts and much more. Seems to me that many contributors to this forum don't go that route but it's so simple.

I have never said anything on any forum that I wouldn't say upfront and in person but I'm just a dinosaur!

Old 06-13-2009, 10:17 PM

16,223 posts, read 25,724,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
So why are you creating a thread on the subject? Just curious.

Now that you've learned something about relationships why not, if you have the time and energy, subscribe to the threads of some of the innumerable posters who welcome good advice and are obviously so often side-swiped by poster idiocy.

The problem with forums is basically two-fold. First, the majority latch on to a new thread like vampires into new blood and give their opinion. As the thread continues on and gets to 4 or more pages, the comments and suggestions made are reflective of those who have only read the first and last posts and thus their posts become insanely repetitive.

Second (and I really do like these CD forums in this respect) if someone posts something which seems a little off kilter, you can click onto their name and see not only their profile (if they choose to fill out that part of the deal) but also see their posts and much more. Seems to me that many contributors to this forum don't go that route but it's so simple.

I have never said anything on any forum that I wouldn't say upfront and in person but I'm just a dinosaur!
Ohhhh.... I bet you feel lucky to be the first to post, huh? To avoid all that other BS.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:07 PM

23 posts, read 61,700 times
THANK You for posting this. You're right on! I found what you had to say somewhat refreshing after reading so much of this other stuff posted on here. I remember hearing somewhere when I was a kid, "Life begins at 40" and I thought to myself, what a crock! but having lived beyond that I understand, in a lot of ways it really does. Funny thing. my wife and I were watching these modeling tryouts last weekend. One teenage girl was entering the contest and the promoter was much more interested in getting her mother to try out. He was practically beging her. but she refused. and I totally understood that.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:24 PM

573 posts, read 1,693,760 times
You go girl!

Old 06-16-2009, 10:27 PM

13,782 posts, read 26,292,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
To all the single women over 30 out there: stop buying into the "no men left" and "you have a better chance of blah blah than getting married" hype and see that you can have success at any age! Because more men look at me now at 31 than they ever did when I was 24. Is it amazing or what? I still don't have a boyfriend, but I get more play than I ever did. When I was in my twenties (until I started dating my ex from 28-30) I was lucky to get one date a month, now I get all kinds of offers. Of course I don't take them al up on them...I wonder if that is part of it? I am a more discriminating dater than I used to be, more self confident, or because I left my hometown (where there really were no prospects) I guess some people come i nto their own at different stages. Oh and actress Ruth Gordon is into her seventies and still attracts men with her charm and personality. If she can do it women in their 30s can! I also have taken the advice of authors like Dr Phil, Rachel Greenwald, and Evan Marc Katz. Another good one to learn from is Paige Parker, the author of the e-book for women, "Dating Without Drama" Sign up for her FREE newsletter to learn some good tips. I am just posting this because I get sick of the jadedness of single women in their 30s and 40s. (For some of them, maybe "their time" was when they were in their 20s?) I don't have kids BTW and the biological clock is obviously on silent mode..(obviously another sterotype is that single women in their 30s and above have a gaggle of kids by different daddies or their biological clocks sound like "60 Minutes" LOL) Good luck everyone out there in C-D land.
Ruth Gordon is dead...has been for several years.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:30 PM

4,975 posts, read 9,533,750 times
What was this all about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships