Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 10:57 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,382,885 times

Advertisements

Ever said anything on here you wish you didn't but then you can't take it back or delete it because someone else posted too soon. Well much like printing a retraction in the newspaper it may very well be a small article on the back page that no one will read but heres your chance.

Disclaimer: No this is not a get out of jail free card. C.D. will most likely not take into consideration your sorry as a defense for bad taste or attacks on others. In the event good things follow your post, results are not typical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 11:08 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,243,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
Ever said anything on here you wish you didn't but then you can't take it back or delete it because someone else posted too soon. Well much like printing a retraction in the newspaper it may very well be a small article on the back page that no one will read but heres your chance.

Disclaimer: No this is not a get out of jail free card. C.D. will most likely not take into consideration your sorry as a defense for bad taste or attacks on others. In the event good things follow your post, results are not typical.
Even though I'm generally careful about what I post even late at night (hard to believe, huh ), on second thought I probably shouldn't have revealed some things I have... Oh, well... The info might come back to bite me in the rear some glorious day. All I need to do is speed up with innocent posts. Noticed the archive is not that complete – it starts dropping old posts after a while. Half of my older posts are already gone. Darn, and here I thought I could safely count on CD to keep my precious memoirs until I decide to publish them…

Old 07-23-2008, 11:13 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,226,211 times
Yeah, I'm a shoot from the hip kind o'guy, I admit.

I apologize to DimSum and everybody else I crossed swords with this week.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:26 AM

I get carried away some times too I know. Humor is going to be my downfall, I can already see my death going to trial and the poor person that snapped using the "you had to be there" defense".

If I have ever offended anyone in my quest for a chuckle I am sorry that has never been my intension.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:30 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,226,211 times
Oh, Lindsey, too. Wasn't proud of a post I wrote two days ago.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:34 AM

I'll have to start paying more attention to my inner voice....If I type something in then hesitate and pull my hand back a few times from the mouse and then go....oh what the hell!....maybe I shouldn't!

Old 07-23-2008, 11:37 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,643,339 times
Bring on da' judge, bring on da' judge...

I'll probably be judged on CD someday by this guy...

...but of course, there's always the age-old remedy...

Old 07-23-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Bring on da' judge, bring on da' judge...

I'll probably be judged on CD someday by this guy...

...but of course, there's always the age-old remedy...

Priceless Phil....lol

Old 07-23-2008, 11:53 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,243,919 times
Quote:
I'll have to start paying more attention to my inner voice....If I type something in then hesitate and pull my hand back a few times from the mouse and then go....oh what the hell!....maybe I shouldn't!
We all tend to say more online than we would in real life. The problem is that sometimes what you say online can be traced to your real life or may get connected to your real life in unexpected initially ways and then you get a mess on your hands…

Old 07-23-2008, 11:58 AM

22,422 posts, read 19,304,533 times
Quote:
Actually you can ask to have a post removed and the moderators will do that, even after the edit feature button has disappeared. Someone objected to a post of mine and i agreed with what she said about why it offended her, and so I asked the mods to remove it becuase I did not want to offend anyone else. They were very gracious and removed it.

If someone has already quoted from the post, and then the post is removed, the quote block just shows "orphaned post"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships