Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 04:50 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,801,598 times

Advertisements

The recent gift advice thread made me think back. Having been a father almost 10 years and married 11 years I can't really remember many of the christmas or fathers day presents I have gotten from the SO. What does stand out is the crazy sex to celebrate.

Is this just me or do most of you guys just look forward to the festivities more than the little box with a bow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 05:16 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,188,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
Is this just me or do most of you guys just look forward to the festivities more than the little box with a bow?
You assume "festivities" automatically come with such holidays. Such is not the case for everyone.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:59 PM

146 posts, read 369,758 times
Quote:
The recent gift advice thread made me think back. Having been a father almost 10 years and married 11 years I can't really remember many of the christmas or fathers day presents I have gotten from the SO. What does stand out is the crazy sex to celebrate.

Being a Father of 2 sons one 23 the other 20 i never expected any gifts from them .. when they would ask me what i would like for Fathersday and soooo on i would just say .. i dont need any gifts your love and respect is all i need... and maybe some new socks same with the wife just knowing she loves me is all i need and if the wife wants to give you a little loving on them days.......... nothing wrong with that in my book

Old 03-23-2009, 07:10 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,273,434 times
Shucks. I got an iPhone last year.
I got a very cool black coat the year before.

I can name half a dozen gifts over the y ears.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:43 PM

113 posts, read 393,493 times
I don't expect anything from the wife or kids, If I want something I go buy it. Im very picky in what I want and buy. I do not buy a lot of things but when I buy somehthing is is big and cost lots of money.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:44 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,685,912 times
no gifts expected. i am pretty sure they appreciate me on every day. but then again we dont really do the gift thing for the holidays either.

if i see something they would like, i get it. no need to wait. they have done the same. its better than xmas.

its spontaneity!

oh and the same goes for loving. anniversary/birthday/fathers day intimacy seems a bit cliche. lets just do it. no need to wait.

(ok i never get this explicit, i will stop now)

Old 03-24-2009, 07:05 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,284,635 times
Quote:
... Is this just me or do most of you guys just look forward to the festivities more than the little box with a bow?
I still look forward to the festivities, but I'd settle for.... No, I want the festivities, but I'm still waiting for either one.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:52 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,615,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCountryBoy View Post
I don't expect anything from the wife or kids, If I want something I go buy it. Im very picky in what I want and buy. I do not buy a lot of things but when I buy somehthing is is big and cost lots of money.
My husband is like you. He's impossible to shop for, because he buys everything he wants, and dangerous with a credit card .

It kind of bugs me that he doesn't leave anything for anyone else to get him. He likes buying gifts for me but doesn't give me the same opportunity. He's too impatient to wait for anything.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:02 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,597,869 times
Quote:

I always take the box. Most guys do. My favorite part is thinking inside the box.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:39 PM

36,791 posts, read 31,072,414 times
My stbx always looked forward to his birthday dinner and bj.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships