Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 11:57 PM

158 posts, read 403,587 times

Advertisements

Recently I was at the grocery store and ran into the sister of my last "real" relationship.
I got the brilliant idea to contact the ex... never a good idea! I just took flight from reality for a moment and, well, not a terrific result, in fact, I am now scared.

I just sent a note in an email to say hi and ask how he was. 2 months later (tonight) I recieved an incredibly horrible email from him calling me names and accusing me of all kinds of things that are not true. He actually threatened to "end me" if I contacted his sister and another life threatening remark. The email was full of misspelled words and typo's that led me to believe that he was drunk. I know that he is having a rough time and did I mention that he is only 21 yrs old? He has had a really tough time.
Now I am no push over, pansy wimp but my Spiritual belief doesn't allow for retaliation. Be that which you wish to see in the world is the philosophy I follow to the best of my ability. However, I read his letter to a friend that said that I might inform the police, and yet another who said,"what are you going to say back"... Not sure if I want to do either???? What do you think? (oh, there was a murder here in my small town 4weeks ago, so I am a little scared too)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 06:15 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,715,057 times
Don't reply to him. If it was me, I wouldn't report it to the police unless it happened again.

And if he contacts you to apologize, don't respond then either.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:24 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
I agree 110% with maf763!!

Old 08-05-2008, 07:48 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlintheglass View Post
Recently I was at the grocery store and ran into the sister of my last "real" relationship.
I got the brilliant idea to contact the ex... never a good idea! I just took flight from reality for a moment and, well, not a terrific result, in fact, I am now scared.

I just sent a note in an email to say hi and ask how he was. 2 months later (tonight) I recieved an incredibly horrible email from him calling me names and accusing me of all kinds of things that are not true. He actually threatened to "end me" if I contacted his sister and another life threatening remark. The email was full of misspelled words and typo's that led me to believe that he was drunk. I know that he is having a rough time and did I mention that he is only 21 yrs old? He has had a really tough time.
Now I am no push over, pansy wimp but my Spiritual belief doesn't allow for retaliation. Be that which you wish to see in the world is the philosophy I follow to the best of my ability. However, I read his letter to a friend that said that I might inform the police, and yet another who said,"what are you going to say back"... Not sure if I want to do either???? What do you think? (oh, there was a murder here in my small town 4weeks ago, so I am a little scared too)
wow that's creepy......does he know where you live and/or work and/or hang out? Because if he does i'd probably get a restraining order based on that Email.......craziness.....some ppls kids man I tell ya.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:17 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,543,882 times
Give him a call. Sounds like he really misses you.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Give him a call. Sounds like he really misses you.
what a smart A*s

Old 08-05-2008, 08:19 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,543,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
what a smart A*s

Well, gee, he took all that time to write her his true feelings. Kinda chokes me all up, ya know.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Well, gee, he took all that time to write her his true feelings. Kinda chokes me all up, ya know.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:31 AM

158 posts, read 403,587 times
Well, the guy is a little off... he also has and shoots guns for a hobbie. He has had a really bizzarr up bringing with a kid split family because a Morman father (a very confused Morman) who raised a sevearly autistic and violent child that attacked this kid everyday of his life for many years. Mom is a bar fly who brings home strays and brags about it to her three sons but never put in any love or attention to him. Wow, after hearing this from my own lips I am wondering what I was thinkin! (My sister had just died and I was a real mess, i guess it was a comfort (sex) thing?) SH*******T!

Old 08-05-2008, 08:56 AM

1,667 posts, read 9,381,949 times
I'd keep detailed records of the whole thing, copy of e-mail, with a journal of everything, including word-for-word conversation as best as you can remember. Hopefully, it's over. If he contacts you again, put him in his place. Call police, file a TRO (temporary restraining order), and never overlook any behavior. React with power every time. He's obviously a coward and enjoys finding someone to control. Make sure he looks elsewhere as you're not an easy target.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships