Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do most women expect too much from their men?
Yes, everything has to go a woman's way. She has control over him now. 7 21.88%
No, it shouldn't always go a woman's way. It should go both ways, if that's the case. 23 71.88%
No, men should expect much from their women? 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 07:52 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,870,844 times

Advertisements

Like if men want an attractive woman, do most expect a man to have a fancy car, a decent job, making high paper, his own home, to have a family with, and be well groomed? They can't be a video gamer or watch movies he likes.

Like in relationships, does everything have to go a woman's way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 08:32 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times

Old 08-07-2008, 08:34 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,870,844 times
We got jokes, eh? That's exactly what I would like to do on somebody.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post

Old 08-07-2008, 08:34 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post

As Bill and Ted would say that is an "Excellent" post.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:17 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post

.... in relationships, does everything have to go a woman's way?
Mona Lisa answered for me.

Tell ya what wclac, I'll send you a buck for every woman I meet who sincerely says everything in her relationship goes her way. You send me a buck for every woman who says not everything in her relationship goes her way. Deal? I always wanted to be a multi-millionaire. Now here's my chance. And you can buy me a double cheeseburger and a small soda with your gross profits.

As for your question: "Do most women expect too much from their men?"
The answer: No, most women accept too little.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:28 AM

1,244 posts, read 3,226,411 times
I believe it should go both ways. Relationships should be give and take and should be about compromising for one another when compromise is needed.

Having said that, in my experience, what I have seen is mostly it is the women that tend to be more flexible. Not generalizing, just based on my experience and what I have seen. I'm not sure of it is just part of our general wiring or what not, but I have found it is often easier for the woman to make more adjustments and compromises in a relationship.

In fact, I once heard someone say that perhaps it is because of motherhood and all the changes it brings but women seem to always be growing and changing, more intune with the emotional needs of others, while men tend to be more headstrong.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:30 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,424 times
Most women like it there ways. Its why when a bad seed comes around. They wet themselves and go for it every time.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:37 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
The relationship should be balanced with give-and-take.

...but then I should be King of the Hot Monks, too, and Purple Haze should be given out free at the supermarket.

In reality, it's all over the place. You have the users and abusers, as well as the used and abused. Some hate it, some seem to need it. You get whores and saints. Of both genders.

All we can do is try to figure out what makes us happy, ignore what everyone else is doing and have the strength and courage to go it alone. If we choose to hook up with someone, no matter HOW much we research and ask and get advice and define what we want, sometimes the whole thing just goes down the crapper.

It's a dice roll, basically. Good people tend to gravitate toward other good people, and the skeeves hang out with their equals. Most things in a relationship can be fixed - some cannot. Those are usually the result of the two different types getting together.

Personally, I have no expectations. That way, I'm never disappointed.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:50 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,166,502 times
wow......that's deep.

Seriously Wclac....I hope for you this women hangup is a phase......there's no one type of woman.....but I'd seriously doubt there are any sane women out there that are soooo submissive to thier husbands/boyfriends that they would just sit around all day and do whatever you wanted them to do.....would you really want that? Bcs....i'd call that a slave not a GF

Old 08-08-2008, 07:57 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,645,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
Like if men want an attractive woman, do most expect a man to have a fancy car, a decent job, making high paper, his own home, to have a family with, and be well groomed? They can't be a video gamer or watch movies he likes.

Like in relationships, does everything have to go a woman's way?
It depends on who's part of their social circle and what their prior relationships were like. For example, if a woman's friends all have partners who meet a certain standard, a woman might feel she deserves nothing less. Likewise, her family may set the bar pretty high. What's also true is who they were with in the past. Suppose she was in a relationship where she settled too much or expected too much. The standard she has for anyone else she meets will be based on that. I've seen women who realized their expectations were unrealistic so they relaxed them. Likewise, I've seen women who realized they were getting walked all over by past partners and decided they deserved someone better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships