Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 04:33 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times

Advertisements

no I am a man and when I feel gassy I just pass it on out and that takes care of that...thanks for your concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
no i meant you could be gassy. and bloated. meaning, some people and women in particular, really get jacked up. im glad im not a woman. i would hate to be crampy too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 04:58 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You don't have to have kids to be a good mentor to one.
I don't know how deeply you're into this mentoring stuff, but it isn't the same. It's good, don't get me wrong - better than not having anyone in the child's life - but still, it isn't the same.

Big Brothers and Sisters go home at the end of the day. Parents stay up all night when the kid has colic. BB's and BS's enjoy the good times. Parents enjoy them too - but also expect and deal with the bad times. BB's and BS's have a volunteer mission or job. Parents have a duty and a responsibility.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:08 PM

So what's your point? There is secondary research and literature on everything psychological on the internet....you don't always need to be a parent to get a clue about how somebody feels......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I don't know how deeply you're into this mentoring stuff, but it isn't the same. It's good, don't get me wrong - better than not having anyone in the child's life - but still, it isn't the same.

Big Brothers and Sisters go home at the end of the day. Parents stay up all night when the kid has colic. BB's and BS's enjoy the good times. Parents enjoy them too - but also expect and deal with the bad times. BB's and BS's have a volunteer mission or job. Parents have a duty and a responsibility.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:41 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
So what's your point? There is secondary research and literature on everything psychological on the internet....you don't always need to be a parent to get a clue about how somebody feels......
That's my point exactly - you DO.

The best use of Dr. Spock's book I ever encountered was when someone used it to spank their kid.

You can read all you want, but until you smell the smoke (and the poop) it's all just dry theory.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:52 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithey View Post
All you can do is deem yourself the rock in your daughters life. People will come and go but you can be her constant. Yeah it sucks that Dez did that but you cant do anything about it. I have become my neice's rock. I've been raising her since birth. Shes five now. Her mom, my sister, decided meth was more important. She has been in and out of my neices life at least 3 times throughout the years.

My niece was at a point she would say grace even over a bowl of oreos asking for her mom to come back. When she finally did come back, the first night, I was completely shattered. My sister decided to play hide and seek with my neice and my neice started crying, ran to the window, and told me she was checking to see if her mom's car was still there. : ( She lives in constant paranoia that she will be abandoned again. So the only thing you can do, is make sure youre always there for her. Though if my sister takes off again, thats it. I will try to get custody and out of her daughters life she will be.

I'm sorry to hear, that's not good and it makes me whining about my situation seem soooo miniscule....I may be overprotective and my husband said the same thing to me a bit ago.....just let it work itself out and be the bigger person, but I guess when somone hurts somone you love, especially your child.....i dunno, but that just sets something off inside me........

Anyway~ You guys all had good advice for me and a few laughs also "gassy" lol.......so thanks so much, I take all your advice to heart.

<3 Lori

Old 08-15-2008, 06:04 PM

355 posts, read 1,376,759 times
lol Good luck! : ) : )

Old 08-15-2008, 09:22 PM

98 posts, read 334,598 times
Its odd that your daughter is so attached to your cousin that your cousin can not visit normally. I say shame on you for pushing this attachment issue with your daughter. I have relatives who my children love, but some of them they only see once in a while, they do not crumble. It sounds like you have the attachment problem with your cousin and are making it look like its your daughter.
Not cool.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:24 PM

That could be true; however, it is still an issue that she tried to fix with her unreliable cousin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lereca View Post
Its odd that your daughter is so attached to your cousin that your cousin can not visit normally. I say shame on you for pushing this attachment issue with your daughter. I have relatives who my children love, but some of them they only see once in a while, they do not crumble. It sounds like you have the attachment problem with your cousin and are making it look like its your daughter.
Not cool.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
No doubt about that.

Borderline Personality Disorder

The core wound of abandonment in borderline personality disorder - by A.J. Mahari - Helium

However, there's no need to project it on others.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:48 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lereca View Post
Not cool.
lol....okay. Your entitled to your opinion however, your sadly mistaken

Next......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships