Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 04:21 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,010,218 times

Advertisements

Anyone that says they do not have double standards is full of sheet... hee hee ... everyone has a double standard or two... everyone!

Now there are those that try not to practice it... but every now and then you fall off of the band wagon...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 05:02 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Nah, you got that one all wrong, CR! They act like "proper" ladies male egos like to cater to; not like us, emasculating bug-murderers! It doesn’t matter whether you can do something or not… you can open a jar, too, can’t ya… the quintessential dumb example in this category.
So we's not proper ladies cause we be Bug-Murderers huh? Thats okay I be a Mouse Mangler too. Its a good thing Im already married cause if anybody ever found put I killed a mouse Id never get a date. .

l iive in the country by myself. I dont plan on spendin all my time perched on the counter waiting for some man to wander in off the street to save me. I could starve to death up here. Altho ya never know if I lose enuf weight one might just might consider me attractive enuf to rescue. Do you suppose they have Bug Mounties. Maybe the Mouse Patrol takes care of that too. Or is that Bug Patrol and Mouse Mounties.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
So we's not proper ladies cause we be bug-murderers huh? Thats okay I be a mouse mangler too. Its a good thing Im already married cause if anybody ever found put I killed a mouse Id never get a date. .

l iive in the country by myself. I dont plan on spendin all my time perched on the counter waiting for some man to wander in off the street to save me. I could starve to death up here. Altho ya never know if I lose enuf weight one might just might consider me attractive enuf to rescue.
Whadya mean "by yourself"...? Aren't you married?

Heck, I'm plenty helpless in the home maintenance area, but I used to project my own inadequacies and fears of some expensive project going wrong on my ex and drive him insane. Of course he was on the other end of the spectrum - totally reckless.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:29 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Whadya mean "by yourself"...? Aren't you married?

Heck, I'm plenty helpless in the home maintenance area, but I used to project my own inadequacies and fears of some expensive project going wrong on my ex and drive him insane. Of course he was on the other end of the spectrum - totally reckless.
Yeah but hes not here right now. Besides even if he was here he would just roll his eyes if I started acting all helpless. Probably have me committed.

Im the DIY person around here. Mine always seemed to be busy. Now that Im older I cant do as much . Bad knee. So I have to hire some stuff. In some ways Im glad he doesnt help. Ive seen other womens husbands act like yours. Everything is always fixed half assed and they wont let them pay to have stuff done right cause they know how to do EVERYTHING. .

Old 08-19-2008, 07:56 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Yes they exist 100%

Old 08-19-2008, 08:07 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,544,859 times
I'd feel weird being with a man who couldn't change the oil in my car, or if he knew how, but just refused to get his hands dirty.

I dislike cooking, though, so I love it when a man cooks! (See, my double standards always work in my favor! )

Old 09-29-2011, 11:52 PM

1 posts, read 736 times
As long as Society dictates what men and women should or should not do, there will always be prejudice, hatred & double standards. Yet, we live in a country fighting for freedom. Following what Society dictates is not freedom!! Peer pressure... is not freedom. Social drinking... not freedom. I don't drink because I don't like the taste of alcohol or that nasty bitter taste of beer. Yet, we have to have a few drinks when 'hanging out with friends'. That was when I was younger but now I don't care & I don't drink at all. I believe to stop all the prejudice, hatred & double standards is to live by respecting people the same way you want to be respected, treat people the same way you want to be treated & to love thy neighbor the same way you love yourself. My opinion, that is truly the true definition of equal rights.
Freedom... follow rules/obey laws, freedom just comes naturally!!!

Old 09-30-2011, 01:10 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
Most definitely.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:09 AM

591 posts, read 866,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I know it's not fair, but as a woman, I find it unattractive if a man does not know about cars or mechanical things/electronics or how to fix things. I enjoy all of the above and I realize the stereotype is that women don't spend time talking about engines and specs, but I find it strange when I meet a guy who does not know or does not care about this stuff. Weird, huh?
You just described me, zero mechanical ability, I get lost easily, zero sense of direction. But I can tell you within 5 minutes the time without referring to a watch and can estimate a grocery bill when in the checkout line without actually counting anything or looking at any prices. And get psychic impresions easily - I knew exactly when my grandfather had died even though I was 90 miles away at the time out of communication with anyone in the family and he was not terminally ill or anything.

I was also born with a high IQ, can play several instruments (have perfect pitch) and speak more than two languages. And cook, and am into baseball, and history, and literature, and math, and science, and gardening, and read my first book on Tort Law at 15, and love cats and dogs.

And run two companies.

Not possible to please everyone, you just have to be true to yourself.

Personally (this is not a put-down) I would not want be friends with anyone that disliked men with a lack of mechanical ability (it's God-given) anymore than I could be friends with someone who hated music.

Last edited by Doctor Blues; 09-30-2011 at 03:12 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 09-30-2011, 04:24 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Blues View Post
Personally (this is not a put-down) I would not want be friends with anyone that disliked men with a lack of mechanical ability (it's God-given) anymore than I could be friends with someone who hated music.
I don't dislike them. I am just not as sexually attracted to them.
Just like I'd never be attracted to anyone who didn't have a firm grasp of grammar and spelling.
I know. Weird.

I have all sorts of friends who have all sorts of abilities and proclivities and talents. It would be a boring world if we were all the same.

I also don't think that mechanical ability is god-given. I think you can be extraordinarily talented at it, yes. But I think most basic skills that many people claim not to have are a matter of sitting down and just trying to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships