Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 02:04 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,478,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You are horrible. What happens if his mother passed away from a terrible disease? Or what happens if he had a very abusive childhood?

Unless he is undermining you and being a selfish brat like my ex-roommate was then I would understand but a person who is gloomy might be very depressed over understandable circumstances...
You get repped for that! Btw you might wanna memo Hoboken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 02:06 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,521 posts, read 6,330,905 times
Quote:
Have you read my post on sleeping in the nude yet?
No. Thats your business. . Why would I care whether you sleep in the nude or not. Just cause youre nekid doesnt mean you have a sense of humour.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
I STILL think that it is possible to maintain a positive attitude.
If that makes me a Pollyanna, then I am just fine and dandy with that.
You can be in misery gut corner on your own. Well, not on your own actually. You have the joybells.
Ignorance can be bliss I suppose...or maybe it's the bubbly female gene.

Anyhow I still don't understand why you think it's your duty to be the positivity police.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:10 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,223,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
You get repped for that! Btw you might wanna memo Hoboken
We all have our sob stories Stuck. Me as much as anyone else. And I do feel sorry for myself sometimes. I even hold giant self pity parties on occassion. I just don't blame everyone, and everything around me for my issues. You think it's all big, bad Philadelphia; fine. But the nonsense you post about it on line could easily put people off from coming here, and both they and the city would miss out. It's not fair, and you should really stop it IMNSHO.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:13 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
Well I've been in cities where the culture just rubs me the wrong way; however, it is my responsibility to leave if I hate it. Nothing wrong with disliking an area of the country at all imo

Quote:
We all have our sob stories Stuck. Me as much as anyone else. And I do feel sorry for myself sometimes. I even hold giant self pity parties on occassion. I just don't blame everyone, and everything around me for my issues. You think it's all big, bad Philadelphia; fine. But the nonsense you post about it on line could easily put people off from coming here, and both they and the city would miss out. It's not fair, and you should really stop it IMNSHO.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
And I'm not blaming everyone around me for my issues,although most times they just contribute to them
As far as the 'nonsense' I post,as I've stated,to some it's nonsense to others of us it's reality.

I'm going to quote something from a conversation I had with someone on CD and it goes a little something like this...
"It's like they see everything thru rose-colored glasses. And I don't know what stake they have in the city unless they sell real estate. I'd rather tell the truth & keep someone safe or at least aware. I'd feel awful if something I sugar-coated ended up getting someone hurt or killed."

Besides why would visitors care what little old negative me has to say when I'm outnumbered by the pollys

Btw artsyguy you're really batting a thousand today!

Old 08-20-2008, 02:20 PM

I am a reality based person too and it annoys me when people sugar-coat things. Just tell it like it is in the most respectful way possible and let it be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I'm going to quote something from a conversation I had with someone on CD and it goes a little something like this...
"It's like they see everything thru rose-colored glasses. And I don't know what stake they have in the city unless they sell real estate. I'd rather tell the truth & keep someone safe or at least aware. I'd feel awful if something I sugar-coated ended up getting someone hurt or killed."

Btw artsyguy you're really batting a thousand today!

Old 08-20-2008, 02:24 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,259,115 times
Quote:
I am a reality based person too and it annoys me when people sugar-coat things. Just tell it like it is in the most respectful way possible and let it be.
I do not like sugar coating either but I do like the information delivered in respectful and polite ways. It makes me uncomfortable when folks just blurt out their truth without taking into account others feelings to their declaration. Lack of polish, I say.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Not in Philly,it's like going to an Eagles game and rooting for any other team...you'll get ganged!

Old 08-20-2008, 02:25 PM

Tact is another good word and concept that people need to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I do not like sugar coating either but I do like the information delivered in respectful and polite ways. It makes me uncomfortable when folks just blurt out their truth without taking into account others feelings to their declaration. Lack of polish, I say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships