Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 09:00 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,875 times

Advertisements

I am hard working and fair. I am also funny. I am positive and optimistic. I can also leap tall buildings in a single bound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 09:39 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
I'd like to share something about how I handled a difficult, delicate situation.

Today I completed the pre-planning for my ill, elderly mother's funeral. Now that's difficult to do, but it is better to do now as opposed to later. It is a sense of relief.
That is an awesome very challenging task you performed.
I am not sure if I have the strength to pre plan that out but it does need to be done
I am glad for you doing it now than when it is under a later more stressful time.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:44 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
The best things about me are my sunny disposition and my very nurturing nature.
Some would say the best thing about you young lady is the way you welcome your SO home after he's had a bad day!!!

Old 12-08-2008, 10:13 AM

39 posts, read 94,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Sometimes within in a day we tend to focus on what is going wrong in life or what we did not get accomplish in a day but forget to think of things we should have gratitude for.

What is one of your best things you have to offer or proud about today?

patience & today I sent a lot of wishes of blessings to every friend I have.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:41 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,063 times
Since y'all were sharing the stories about the homeless guys, I will share this one:

I was at the airport lounge waiting for my flight about five years ago. My mother had passed away and I was coming back from the funeral and generally feeling sorry for myself. At a table near me were five or six men in their early-20s. They were all in a foul mood and arguing with each other a lot. I got the feeling they were sick of each other and their trip had not gone well. When their bill came, they all starting pulling out wrinkled bills and laying them in a stack on the table. It seemed like they were coming up short because they all started arguing again.

I went up to the bartender with my bill and quietly asked him to add their bill to mine. I asked that he not tell them until I had left, then I walked out of the bar.

This turned out to be very self-serving because it really cheered me up and reminded me not to wallow in my own grief.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:47 PM

513 posts, read 1,581,654 times
One thing I'm proud of is I'm not as naive as I used to be. Such a huge relief to finally live in real world as opposed to the imaginary paradise conjured by my naivety.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:27 PM

78,420 posts, read 60,613,724 times
I have made profound positive changes to my life over the past 3-4 months and feel that I'm capable of even more.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:28 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
For me. it's gotta be my loyalty.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:39 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,059,410 times
After I rescued myself and my kids from an abusive man, I'm content with my life, my kids, my family, my friends, my job. There's nothing missing. I'm not saying life is easy, but I'm happy.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:40 PM

591 posts, read 1,415,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
The thing I am most proud of is that all 3 of my girls turned out okay. i had to raise them without their mom and it was not always easy. I really felt overburdened at times but I stuck with it. I managed to get my Masters Degree at the same time also. Now maybe they can take care of dad????????
Me and my two sisters were raised by our dad so I tend to have a soft spot for dads that are single dads...i know how hard it was for him being a single dad raising 3 girls..it wasn't always easy..i know there were times he would of loved to of had a mom around to answer some of those questions or help through some of those times..so my hat is off to single dads raising girls..and single moms raising boys too lol..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships