Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 10:28 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times

Advertisements

I'm more concerned with people that can't or won't do the job then with how they dress......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 10:32 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
After HR completed its investigation and found nothing wrong, they other ladies were soooo upset. They wanted the sexy girl to be banned from wearing certain clothing that was actually office appropriate because they just though she was too sexy. Crazy women.
And there's the main reason for complaints - jealousy.

I say, praise Neptune for dressing sexy! I'll give them my business any day.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:37 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,552,477 times
What is a woman really selling if she dresses like a tart for work?? Unless she's actually a prostitute, there's a mixed message there. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of these women are the same ones who file sexual harassment lawsuits. Because after all, there is no personal responsibility and just because a woman dresses sexy doesn't mean a man should stare at her, right?

(And no, I'm not jealous... I just think women need to see how their behavior, the way they dress, etc. can affect others. It may not be fair or right, but that's how life is.)

Old 09-13-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
What is a woman really selling if she dresses like a tart for work?? Unless she's actually a prostitute, there's a mixed message there.
I would think she's selling whatever it is her company has for sale.

Anything else is in the mind of the beholder. It's called "creative selling techniques"...do many women complain at the car shows with the bikini models? I bet they do - probably call them every name under the sun, but it doesn't take away from the fact that they've served their purpose - they've attracted potential buyers to their product.

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if a few of these women are the same ones who file sexual harassment lawsuits. Because after all, there is no personal responsibility and just because a woman dresses sexy doesn't mean a man should stare at her, right?
I'm not touching this line - you ladies outnumber me here, and there's probably a few lawyers lurking as well...

Quote:
(And no, I'm not jealous... I just think women need to see how their behavior, the way they dress, etc. can affect others. It may not be fair or right, but that's how life is.)
Neither is it fair nor right for others to worry and complain about how someone else dresses.

I've always thought the majority of women know quite well how their behavior and dress affect others...

Old 09-13-2008, 11:08 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
And there's the main reason for complaints - jealousy.
Exactly. That is exactly why the complaint was filed. If the clothing falls in line with the approved dress code of the office, then there really is nothing that anyone can do. This girl couldnt help it that she was shaped with maybe a 38-22-36 body and long flowing mid back length hair.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
This girl couldnt help it that she was shaped with maybe a 38-22-36 body and long flowing mid back length hair.
That's right - the poor, poor, dear child.

...you got an address on this one? I'll pay well...

Old 09-13-2008, 11:41 AM

288 posts, read 656,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Its unprofessional.
This girl that works in our front office, bent over yesterday while she was looking in her desk, and I thought," OMG!!" She is large breasted anyway, and I swear half of them was hanging on the table for God, and everyone to see!
I was thinking...I know she`s young, but she works at our front desk!
Hhmm....maybe thats why! They want more business! Bha ha ha ....
I agree it's unprofessional. But some of us, who have been blessed...or cursed with larger breasts, know that it's hard to find the right top to contain those things...lol. Sometimes the slightest move can take the modest top into the x-rated top...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
That's right - the poor, poor, dear child.

...you got an address on this one? I'll pay well...
Too Funny!!!

Old 09-13-2008, 11:41 AM

2,397 posts, read 6,457,187 times
Quote:
Exactly. That is exactly why the complaint was filed. If the clothing falls in line with the approved dress code of the office, then there really is nothing that anyone can do. This girl couldnt help it that she was shaped with maybe a 38-22-36 body and long flowing mid back length hair.
I would tend to agree that jealousy plays into many complaints to HR. Some women would look sexy in a burlap sack and someone would complain. *lol*

Having said that, I worked at a mid-size law firm where a dress code was in place. The dress code was very specific about length of skirts, pantyhose, undergarments, and so on. We had one woman who dressed in appropriate business casual attire...until she had a breast augmentation! She could've bought the same style of blouses in a larger size, however, she opted to buy very tight, lowcut, sexy tops and started wearing very short skirts...well above the 1" above the knee. The change in fashion was quite obvious! Most women in the office went nuts! After various complaints, our Administrator made the statement, "well, she looks good," never mind that it went against the dress code!

Of course, in retaliation, one of the heavier women went out and bought the same exact outfit and wore it to work. Needless to say, Ms. Eye Candy was counseled and went back to appropriate business casual attire.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:44 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
And what about the women who want to be completely be covered?
Isn't saying that women are dressed improperly not the same as saying that women should be dressed in a burqa*?
Quote:
* A burqa (also transliterated burkha, burka or burqua) is an enveloping outer garment worn by women in some Islamic traditions for the purpose of cloaking the entire body. It is worn over the usual daily clothing (often a long dress or a shalwar kameez) and removed when the woman returns to the sanctuary of the household.

Source: Burqa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-13-2008, 11:54 AM

79 posts, read 231,203 times
At the beach, people generally don beach attire; in a courtroom, people generally wear clothing appropriate to being in a courtroom; at a prom, women wear prom dresses and the men wear tuxes or other suits; at an elegant dinnner dance, people wear elegant evening attire; at a themed party, guests wear costumes in keeping with the theme.

You dress for the occasion. Jealousy has nothing whatsoever to do with it. That is such a cliched and tiresome old argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships