Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:24 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You must... Rcm started the psycho thread, not me. I just participated in it and agreed with you. That's all.
"I vas only followink orders!!!" - sounds familiar somehow...

Quote:
Well, I happen to know a Hitler, too... Should I post on that thread?
"Do what thou wilst shall be the whole of the law, and it harm ye none".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 09:30 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandreen View Post
I would not engage in a relationship with a girly man or weak man. How could you feel you were with a MAN if he wasnt acting or looking like a real man. No strength , no charcter, and no backbone. Not for me!
I agree. I had one date with this cute guy who had such feminine mannerisms and a soft voice. All I could think the entire time he was trying to go further on, was, "Is he Gay?" I need a big, real MAN! He turned me off.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:53 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,951,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yuck. Femine men are wierd and freak me out. Ewwww. Ick. Dont date anyone you can beat up.
Agree. They set off my gaydar. I don't need a football player, but a regular guy, not a woman dressed like guy. I have girlfriends and a husband, fortunately they are not similar.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
"Straight feminine men?"

No such thing.
True. They just haven't come out of the closet, yet. I always feel sorry for their wives because so many of these men haven't yet accepted that they are gay but most do, eventually.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Nope. Urban legend.
Mr. Rogers was a minister. He said his ministry was children.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
My husband gave up being discreet about it years ago. I don't care he can look all he wants. I'm secure enough to take it.

I worked with a guy with so many feminine traits that I just assumed he was gay. Didn't care, I just assumed that.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I met his wife and two daughters. He had been married 30+ years.

Fast forward...he becomes friends with a flaming gay guy (don't get sensitive, you know what I'm talking about) Nice guy to hang out with.
Next thing we know, my friend is leaving his wife and moving in with the flaming guy.
Yup...my friend was gay all along. He asked me why I didn't tell him earlier. I said...and what?? ruin the surprise?

Their both happy so that's what matters.
Well, that's not really all that matters. There's the woman he lied to for all those years of married life.

In high school I had a good friend who everyone assumed was gay. He married, had three children, and after 30 years of marriage, came out of the closet. We weren't surprised that he was gay, we'd always known it, but we did think it was pretty crummy treatment of his wife. Who wants to have lived with a gay guy for 30 years?

Then, the exact same thing happened to a neighbor. Three kids, 28 years together, and he finally tells her that he's gay, and moving to NY for the gay scene. The wife was destroyed, and after 4 years, she still isn't over it. His two sons won't speak to him. In this case, no one would have guessed the guy was gay. But he knew. Always. They always know, but they don't always want to admit it to themselves, or anyone else. It stinks for those who marry them.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:36 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,423,346 times
I think there's a difference between "soft gentle" men and those that are truly effeminate. Many rugged masculine men have a softer more gentle side. I once dated a guy who had a real effeminate edge - just couldn't get past it and ended it. And yes, he eventually came out of the closet. Glad my gadar was in good working order.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:56 AM

485 posts, read 1,840,001 times
Why do you see a link between gay and feminine? Most gay men would never admit that there is a link between gay and acting like a girl.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:19 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
True. They just haven't come out of the closet, yet. I always feel sorry for their wives because so many of these men haven't yet accepted that they are gay but most do, eventually.
You just have met the feminine straight men yet. They are out there, just like there are butch women who are straight.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:47 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
sounds weird. How old was this "Gay Man"

He's in his mid to late 50's now.

This has all taken place over the past 7 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships