Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 09:05 PM

2 posts, read 38,638 times

Advertisements

I have known this guy alittle more then a year now. We met at school and we only had like one class together, but I saw him alot during the day. We really did not hang out much at the start of the year, and I mean, we just didnt talk or anything but we started to talk more as the year went on and we became friends. I lived kind of far from my school..so we didnt really hang out that much outside of the school week but we would just start talking after school and stuff and we would see eachother at games and school events and I can tell he likes me and I like him but he never asked me out...( in that girlfriend way). He was dating some one for alittle last year and I was kinda talking to this guy but both relationships for us really didnt go far. We had a long talk at Graduation and he was like...Audrina, I really like you and I am happy that we became friends...and I think your such a great person...always be yourself...cause you are definitely a one of a kind. He gave me a hug and all this..but never like made any move or anything. I was like...what? Like...the moment was there and it just didnt happen.

Since we both graduated, I actually moved out of my house for college and we live in the same town now...he goes to a diffrent school then me now , but he has his own place too...so... I see him still all the time. The thing is, when I do see him...I mean we flirt with eachother, like we playfight and stuff...and we are always joking around with eachother and we laugh all the time. He's always messing with my cell phone...trying to take pictures of me...and we have taken lots of photos together..and he is always like, if there is a group of people or if like were all taking pictures and then I'll leave for a drink or something..he'll be like..."Audrina, get over here!...We were taking pictures right??".... and he has this one that he framed. He has it near his computer. I mean, I just don't see most guys as the type to take time to "Frame" a photo of them and some one else, if they did not really care about the person, or want to think about that other person. It is a photo just of the two of us too. It is like all the signs are there that he wants us to have a relationship..but he wont make any moves. I just dont understand. Am I doing something wrong maybe? We are both Single. Is he scared of a commitment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 09:18 PM

431 posts, read 1,310,762 times
Maybe he is scared of ruining what you two have. Changing the status of your relationship could complicate things. Ask him "hypothetically" could he see you two dating. I'm sure he values your friendship very much. I've been friends with girls that should have definitely stayed that way.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:19 PM

371 posts, read 894,579 times
Why are you waiting for him? Why don't you make a move?

Old 09-21-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Why are you waiting for him? Why don't you make a move?
Good point. Maybe he is thinking the exact same thing.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:33 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
he's scared of rejection.

my wife and I flirted for 3 years before I finally got the nerve to ask her out.....proposed on the 6th date...moved in together on the 7th....that was 15 yrs ago....... [we both are slow starters]

Old 09-21-2008, 09:44 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Maybe he's just a tiny little bit shy.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:59 PM

2 posts, read 38,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Maybe he's just a tiny little bit shy.
The thing is like..we are really comfortable together and stuff...I mean if he is nervous or shy or whatever then he really doesn't show it. I can see him being a little afraid of messing up our friendship, but I just dont get why he wont talk to me about it, at least. He just keeps like flirting with me and stuff and then he just wont make the next move.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrina3615 View Post
The thing is like..we are really comfortable together and stuff...I mean if he is nervous or shy or whatever then he really doesn't show it. I can see him being a little afraid of messing up our friendship, but I just dont get why he wont talk to me about it, at least. He just keeps like flirting with me and stuff and then he just wont make the next move.
Ok. Like in an earlier post, why don't you make the move?

Old 09-21-2008, 10:16 PM

393 posts, read 1,498,079 times
Based on what we know I wouldn't assume he's afraid of commitment. There could be other things going on.
When you see him next and are saying goodbye, give him a kiss on the cheek and see what he does.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:18 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrina3615 View Post
If you're really into him and like him a lot, then just make it easy for him. He's probably waiting for the right moment, so help him out a little bit. It may sound a bit lame of an advice but sometimes we guys need a little push to get things rolling.

P.S. How do you assume he's afraid of commitment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships