Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 02:22 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,877,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovehurts621 View Post
If I do meet him tonight, nothing I say to him will be sugar coated. I am not angry with him or mad at him. I am going to be very honest with him and say everything from the heart.
Just don't go in with any expectations. Saying what you have to say should help out alot. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 02:23 PM

288 posts, read 656,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Ya but spilling your guts makes you feel like garbage when the other person doesn't empathize or understand you. No point in relating to a lot of people these days. Too many toxic people. The same goes for the OP. He is through with her.
Agreed.

Let's see how this scenario plays out...

Finally, you've been able to move on, but because you're a Gluton???, you are willing to let him trample all over you in 6 months? He would have you right where he wants you, and he would know it.

Cut your losses, girl. Once youve touched the stove ..and know its hot..would you go to it again??

Old 09-26-2008, 02:25 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,967,001 times
I completely disagree but lets see if your advice works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
Just don't go in with any expectations. Saying what you have to say should help out alot. Good luck.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:26 PM

His greedy and user behavior would make me really angry; however, you have the right to your individuality and emotions. Let us know how it works.

Quote:
If I do meet him tonight, nothing I say to him will be sugar coated. I am not angry with him or mad at him. I am going to be very honest with him and say everything from the heart.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:32 PM

Thank you Jlyn for agreeing.

The stove analogy is great. Here is an example from my own experiences.

I was into this guy. I met him at a dance club with some friends. He came out of nowhere and screeched my name, then didn't want to talk. I went too look for him and he looked my way and then turned his back on me like a 4 year old throwing a tantrum. Literally, the guy was messing with me. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he was drinking.

So I finally fooled around with him, after several weeks of talking with him over the phone (I knew better at that point because he was weird over the phone) and so I felt completely terrible the next day knowing he had lost complete interest in me and had only used me for adoration and attention. Was a waste of time and I felt pretty bad about it to let myself be used and treated poorly. I should have known better. To other posters it may have been super obvious that I was making a stupid decision considering how conservative I am, but I was like a pollyanna at one point in my life assuming everybody had good intentions and that most people liked me for the good person I am. Not the case at all in much of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlyn5669 View Post
Agreed.

Let's see how this scenario plays out...

Finally, you've been able to move on, but because you're a Gluton???, you are willing to let him trample all over you in 6 months? He would have you right where he wants you, and he would know it.

Cut your losses, girl. Once youve touched the stove ..and know its hot..would you go to it again??

Old 09-26-2008, 02:48 PM

288 posts, read 656,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Thank you Jlyn for agreeing.

The stove analogy is great. Here is an example from my own experiences.

I was into this guy. I met him at a dance club with some friends. He came out of nowhere and screeched my name, then didn't want to talk. I went too look for him and he looked my way and then turned his back on me like a 4 year old throwing a tantrum. Literally, the guy was messing with me. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he was drinking.

So I finally fooled around with him, after several weeks of talking with him over the phone (I knew better at that point because he was weird over the phone) and so I felt completely terrible the next day knowing he had lost complete interest in me and had only used me for adoration and attention. Was a waste of time and I felt pretty bad about it to let myself be used and treated poorly. I should have known better. To other posters it may have been super obvious that I was making a stupid decision considering how conservative I am, but I was like a pollyanna at one point in my life assuming everybody had good intentions and that most people liked me for the good person I am. Not the case at all in much of my life.
And now you know....Good for you.

I think we have all been at that pollyanna point. There is always a lesson to be learned.

To be honest, though, self worth is what helps make the right decision.

Last edited by Jlyn5669; 09-26-2008 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: ugh, typo..again

Old 09-26-2008, 02:53 PM

Knowing that being with the "wrong person" can really mess up your self worth is what people should also know...and self worth is the most important of all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlyn5669 View Post
And now you know....Good for you.

I think we have all been at that pollyanna point. There is always a lesson to be learned.

To be honest, though, self worth is what helps make the right decision.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:56 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,877,175 times
An unwavering amount of faith in your Creator makes it easy to carry a high amount of self worth. Your self worth is not determined by anyone but him.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:13 PM

11 posts, read 23,859 times
Update on what happened last night...well, things didn't go as originally planned.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:16 PM

Let me guess. You had sex?

Quote:
Update on what happened last night...well, things didn't go as originally planned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships