Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:24 AM

1 posts, read 19,109 times

Advertisements

Hey,

I have a friend that thinks her boyfriend is lying to her and going on match.com. He said that he doesn't use it anymore and he has been a memeber for 3 years before they were together. It looks like there is current info out there. Is there a way that she can find out how long he has been a member?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 01:26 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,640,374 times
if memory serves, there is a section somewhere on the actual viewable profile that lists "member since..." NOW if thats not the case, the only other way is obviously to look at his account and we all know that you can't hack into his account using his password and username - <wink>
That said, you could just pretend to be an interested party and ask him - that would surely get the answer you want or maybe don't want. Of course, if there are trust issues,maybe it's time she move on? Why does she feel he's not being honest?
Out of fairness too (and to play Devils Advocate), some of those sites are nearly impossible to unsubscribe from - I know this from experience between myself and my fiance.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:29 PM

27 posts, read 75,596 times
id have a friend who he doesnt know log on and display interest

Old 09-05-2008, 01:59 PM

730 posts, read 2,887,475 times
My sisters boyfriend was doing this. I also had a boyfriend who was doing it. Both we met on Match.com

I threatened to break up with mine and he stopped.

She on the other hand went way farther.

She posted a photo of someone she know (asked first of course!) and made up a fake profile. She contacted her boyfriend as this fake person. He responded, totally fell for it. It went back and forth for a while.

Finally my sister set up a fake date with her boyfriend and the fake profile chick.

He actually WENT!!!!!!!! Then he lied to her about where he was and what he was doing. OF course there was nobody at the bar to greet him. (poor guy!)

That was 2 years ago. They are still together now. I think he felt really bad about it and realized my sister was all he needed.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 19,008 times
I am having similar difficulties in my relationship. I was single for two years and dated a good bit after my divorce, but did not want a serious relationship. I joined Match in February and met some nice people. I went out with one guy in March and didn't talk to him for a while until June. In June, we started seeing each other and now we are in a committed relationship. He's a very thoughtful person. He calls every day, several times a day, shows he cares in various ways. However, he continues to have his profile on Match. He is no longer an active member, so he can't read e-mails, but he can see who has attempted to contact him and can still receive "winks". I hid my profile, and now my membership has expired too. I have no desire to see who is interested in me, because I am perfectly happy with him. He said he only goes on to see who is interested. We get along so well in every other arena of our relationship, except the Match thing. It has gotten to the point that I am so angry and disappointed over this situation, because I have expressed to him that it makes me upset. He has brought up several things in the beginning of our relationship that made him uncomfortable, and I've tried to alleviate anything and everything that would give him any reason to question how I feel for him (ie guy friends calling often, etc.). Am I crazy for questioning how much he cares about me or am I being gullible for believing he's just curious?

Old 09-25-2008, 02:50 PM

4,894 posts, read 14,135,913 times
Ahhh...a new disease, internet dating profile addiction...commonly known as the inability to remove your profile from dating sites due to constant curiousity about who is checking you out........probably another addiction with a low rate of successful recovery.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Ahhh...a new disease, internet dating profile addiction...commonly known as the inability to remove your profile from dating sites due to constant curiousity about who is checking you out........probably another addiction with a low rate of successful recovery.
Probably... It's the same disease like the forums - if you don't participate, you lose interest; if you do, you keep going back. Knowing myself, I better not get there...

I've a former coworker who's been on them for years! Whenever I happen to take a look at the market, he's either online or been there within 24 hours...

Old 09-25-2008, 08:38 PM

333 posts, read 999,304 times
I'm not a big match.com fan. I've met more people thru mySpace and Friendster than on match.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:52 AM

22,149 posts, read 19,203,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flsun129 View Post
id have a friend who he doesnt know log on and display interest
yup, create a phony profile that would probably appeal to him, post a phoney picture, write a phony message and watch the response

Old 09-26-2008, 09:11 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,911,649 times
He has been renewing the membership, no? My brother was on that I thought it was 6 months to year..??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships