Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 10:58 AM

77 posts, read 234,824 times

Advertisements

My brother is about to be 1 of these in a couple of years --- NEVER married, good job, NO debt. Why are there so many never-married men in Pittsburgh?

Before you assume he's happy and content, he's not. I see that he's lonely. He eats fast food, works all the time and visits his mom once a week. NOT gay. He's had a couple of long termers that just fell away - failure to close the deal.

To the older and single men here: Why? How did it happen? Are you Italian?

Sorry if this thread has already been started before, because surely it must have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 11:06 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,932,690 times
what?

Old 10-02-2008, 11:08 AM

911 posts, read 2,374,983 times
well im only 34 but...
my take on the subject is
i was in a 8 year miserable relationship with a psyco
a year with an alcoholic
a couple of cheaters
a couple un-employed bums
so thats why im not married
its very hard to find some one thats not one or more of the above

Old 10-02-2008, 11:14 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:
Now, that's a gross generalization that's simply not true. It could just be that your picker's broken, I mean, why would you stay for 8 years in a miserable relationship, and continually date 'cheaters' and 'bums'? Some people enjoy the drama of a bad relationship. Nice person=no drama.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 10-02-2008 at 11:47 AM..

Old 10-02-2008, 11:39 AM

3 posts, read 35,658 times
Default Creatures of Pain

I’m 44, single, Italian

I'm not sure about the never being married part of it. I was married, separated and then widowed. Saved on divorce )
Anyway... maybe your brother just missed the boat. I think it’s pretty near impossible after a certain age to find a woman that is not just looking for some sap to take care of them. People are basically selfish and always looking to get something from you. I will focus on women because I'm a man, but women are inferior emotionally to men and need to rely on a man to take care of them. They are basically parasites. Sorry women I know the truth hurts...lets face it have you ever been without a man for more than a year...no because you cannot function without a man. Oh yes there are some that can, but do they own a dress. )
Unfortunately your brother has to deal with American women and there selfishness. Its going to be very hard for your brother at 50 to find a woman that just wants to be with him, without gold digging. Most people are lonely and unhappy regardless of their marital status; so don't associate his unhappiness with being single. There is no such thing as love...it is only habit that you feel. Being settled and comfortable with someone is not love. Don't get me wrong I enjoy being with women; I just prefer to date married women. Why would anyone want to support one of these "creatures of pain”?
Better to just nail them and move on to the next. Stick with one and she'll suck the life out of you. Not to mention drain your wallet. Your brother just isn't aware of his happiness...you should be happy for him.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:50 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian12 View Post
well im only 34 but...
my take on the subject is
i was in a 8 year miserable relationship with a psyco
a year with an alcoholic
a couple of cheaters
a couple un-employed bums
so thats why im not married
34 is still pretty young. The ideal marriages I've seen and have been around are those where the husband is around 7-10 years older than the woman.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:11 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,322,066 times
I’m 44, single, Italian

LOVE Italians!

Anyway... maybe your brother just missed the boat. I think it’s pretty near impossible after a certain age to find a woman that is not just looking for some sap to take care of them.
"WOW" Obviously you don't know me. *smile* I'm independent to a fault. People are basically selfish and always looking to get something from you. Not me, I am financially secure and have my own cash flow. I will focus on women because I'm a man, but women are inferior emotionally to men and need to rely on a man to take care of them. Again, I can pay my own way and quite frankly, I have found very FEW men who are past the age of 40 who are as physically fit, attractive, and as challenging as I am. They are basically parasites. In my experience, 99.9% of the men I've met over the age of 35 are the parasites! Since women have been able to break into the work force and support themselves, many more than chosen to stay SINGLE. Why? Because most men after a certain age are just not worth our while. *smile* Truth hurts doesn't it? Sorry women I know the truth hurts...lets face it have you ever been without a man for more than a year...no because you cannot function without a man. Oh yes there are some that can, but do they own a dress. ) Have you seen my picture? We really need to have a forum "get together." It's time to see what everyone is really like. I write horribly on forums because I'm quite lazy about grammar and sentence structure, nor do I usually spell check. Because I just do not care. But then again, entertaining myself on a local forum is just that - entertainment - I am not out to impress anyone.

Unfortunately your brother has to deal with American women and there selfishness. Its going to be very hard for your brother at 50 to find a woman that just wants to be with him, without gold digging. Hello! This is the year 2008 - most women can and DO support themselves and do it rather easily. Most people are lonely and unhappy regardless of their marital status; so don't associate his unhappiness with being single. Agreed. There is no such thing as love...it is only habit that you feel. Disagree. Bummer for you that you feel that way. Actually it really sucks balls for you that you are so bitter about it. You must have either been hurt very badly in a past relationship or no one has ever found you good enough to stick around with. That HAS to hurt! (Sorry, "I know the truth hurts.") Being settled and comfortable with someone is not love. Don't get me wrong I enjoy being with women; (But the real question is - does she enjoy being with you? ) I just prefer to date married women. Why would anyone want to support one of these "creatures of pain”? Again, I would bet there are many, many women on here who could probably prove you wrong. Creatures of pain? Oh please - only if you like it that way!

Better to just nail them and move on to the next. Now I know why you can't find anyone - sounds like you are not a very good lover. That must be embarassing.... Stick with one and she'll suck the life out of you. Not to mention drain your wallet. I'll bet you sure were relieved when your money sucking wife died.... Whew! Thank goodness you were "saved" on the divorce, because that would have been a totally huge inconvenience and a major hit to your pocketbook (or lack thereof). Hey, lucky for you she died eh? (And you wonder why you can't find a decent woman????? Oh brother.....) Your brother just isn't aware of his happiness...you should be happy for him

Old 10-02-2008, 01:04 PM

3 posts, read 35,658 times
Very nice burns...I like your writing style.
Yes I’ve seen your picture, you are a very lovely woman. I spent some time checking out your website also. I'm sorry to read of your loss. I have a son with a rare liver disease and my fear is that he will not outlive me. You have lived through my fears.
"You must have either been hurt very badly in a past relationship or no one has ever found you good enough to stick around with"
Left my wife because she was useless. Not bitter about it...it was a relief I only wished I had done it sooner, but tried to hang in there for the children. I've raised two children alone from the age of three...they are now 19(fraternal twins) that’s were my burns toward women come from. I have 4 sisters and I enjoy getting them fired up about women being inferior to men. They make such a big deal of raising their kids. I did it alone and love to get them going. Truth is men are just as bad as women. Sadly there is much truth in my post, but I focus it on women because I am a man. I do think people just really suck in general, but I like putting a sexist spin on it. I think the guy is going to have a hard time at 50 finding someone.
Sorry to say...Love.... excluding love for your children...doesn't exist...love between a man and woman is only habit and the act of having sex.
Sorry to also say that I prefer dating married women...not sure why.
Did I mention that you are a very beautiful woman...

I'm glad I got you a little fired up...made the workday a little more bearable.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:07 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,362,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grsPAFL View Post
My brother is about to be 1 of these in a couple of years --- NEVER married, good job, NO debt. Why are there so many never-married men in Pittsburgh?

Before you assume he's happy and content, he's not. I see that he's lonely. He eats fast food, works all the time and visits his mom once a week. NOT gay. He's had a couple of long termers that just fell away - failure to close the deal.

To the older and single men here: Why? How did it happen? Are you Italian?

Sorry if this thread has already been started before, because surely it must have.
I don't get the Italian thing. I'm half Italian, love my Italian mother if that's what you were implying, but anything but a Mama's boy. Are you saying that's what your brother is?

Old 10-02-2008, 01:22 PM

911 posts, read 2,374,983 times
no i dont enjoy drama
i just make bad choices and stick around far too long
they all seem nice till the demon comes out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships