Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 06:59 AM

1,582 posts, read 3,110,556 times

Advertisements

I have lots of ideas on how to keep or get a man's attention...but I agree with the poster who asked why does it always fall to the women? Shouldn't the men have a responsibility to keep their woman's attention, too? I honestly can't tell you how sick I am of that mentality! And it doesn't have to be the candy/flowers deal (honestly, I think that's a nice gesture, but it shows a lack of creativity). I'm not even saying to do something out of their comfort zone (even though that shows a big effort!)...fill the tank on my car for me, wash/wax my car, take out the garbage on a regular basis - without complaining about it! Little things mean a lot guys! Take the not-so-subtle hint! I guarantee if you are thoughtful about the little things on a regular basis, you would see a lot more attention in the bedroom!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 07:41 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post

How about this:

Buy some pretty, lacy undies,( Think Fredricks kind vs. Victoria's) put 'em on, then wait at the door till he gets home from work.

Then jump him.

Meh,this has always been spread as a fantasy scenerio about the guy coming home and being greeted by wifey all sexy and ready to go but............

speaking for myself not really my idea of what I want.After working when I come home I need some down time,some recouperating time.I'm hungry,tired.....I want to take a shower,get some food if I'm hungry,gather my thoughts and chill for a while.Then maybe latter I will be ready.

I'd rather be greeted with a "hi baby" and a kiss then left alone for a little while after that till I wind down and freshen up.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Meh,this has always been spread as a fantasy scenerio about the guy coming home and being greeted by wifey all sexy and ready to go but............

speaking for myself not really my idea of what I want.After working when I come home I need some down time,some recouperating time.I'm hungry,tired.....I want to take a shower,get some food if I'm hungry,gather my thoughts and chill for a while.Then maybe latter I will be ready.

I'd rather be greeted with a "hi baby" and a kiss then left alone for a little while after that till I wind down and freshen up.
So then it's okay to jump you?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:27 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
How about this:

Buy some pretty, lacy undies,( Think Fredricks kind vs. Victoria's) put 'em on, then wait at the door till he gets home from work.

Then jump him.

It will get his attention, and I bet from then on he'd always be wondering whats behind that door when he gets home....
I'm going to have to leave this forum until I get a steady girlfriend. You guys are murdering me. (1/2 joking)

Old 10-08-2008, 10:29 AM

22,210 posts, read 19,238,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i dont know the game has changed a little for me. she will whip out pictures of the cats or her nephew. perhaps surprises me at the senior center friday night dance asks me for a dance. im tellin ya its a different ballgame.

Huckleberry, I would be all over you at the dance in a heartbeat. I know a good catch when i see one and you are an absolute gem.

For those of you posting with the really puerile insults on the intimate activity and attractiveness of men and women on the other side of 50 do you realize how ignorant and offensive those posts and stereotypes sound?

I have been a ballroom dancer for over 14 years now and for many years I danced about 4 nights a week. Certain leads were sought after and I couldn't help noticing one gentleman Robert who was ALWAYS in demand, women would rush up to him 4 and 5 at a time for every dance, and i kept wondering what the deal is with Robert that he most certainly had it going on.

Well when i finally worked up the nerve to ask him to dance (and pushed my way through 3 other dancers to get to him first) and danced with him, it was very apparent: the man is gracious, smooth, courteous, elegant, a dream on the dance floor, poetry in motion, i melted in his arms in more ways then one, whispers in the ear, the whole bit. I let him know in no uncertain terms that any time he could fit me onto his dance card, I'd be a happy lady.

Robert was 82 years old, hearing aids in both ears, mostly bald but what was left was gray, and i'm sure he had more of a social life then most of the people there half his age (including me, I was 38 when I met him). He also is the gentleman who shared with me (during one of those breathy whispered moments on the dance floor during a delicious dip) that one of the delights of being bisexual is that there are twice as many dates to choose from on Saturday night. I adore that man. To this day he has a piece of my heart. Oh, and he was dancing 6 nights a week.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no8fann View Post
So then it's okay to jump you?
Yeah,unless I am getting into music.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Yeah,unless I am getting into music.
Are you one of those men that just makes women throw their hands up in frustration?

Old 10-08-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no8fann View Post
Are you one of those men that just makes women throw their hands up in frustration?
Im one of those men that you will say "he is such a sweetheart,but a dick sometimes also,gawd he pisses me off sometimes,self centered yet so affectionate when he wants to be".

Old 10-08-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Im one of those men that you will say "he is such a sweetheart,but a dick sometimes also,gawd he pisses me off sometimes,self centered yet so affectionate when he wants to be".
Yeah, I know some of those. I guess fair is fair!

Old 10-08-2008, 03:08 PM

112 posts, read 569,380 times
Default Sports Widows...

Could hardly be simpler, ladies. Go online, find a sexy cheerleader outfit in his favorite team design, buy same. Then, seek out skimpy lingerie to match.

Suprise him-- the lap thing is good-- and watch the game with him. If nothing else it gives you time to (mentally) plan your next week's activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships