Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 02:18 PM

918 posts, read 1,643,224 times

Advertisements

Didn't really think of this as a test run... that is a perfect way of putting it.

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
yes go!!! as long as there are no expectations from either party. this can be a delightful getaway. go, have fun. what else are you guna do? mope around the house looking at 6 years worth of memories?

these are the things that will get you back in the game. not that you have to. but its like a dry run for when you are ready to date. go test your conversation, communication, courtship, flirting skills. see if you still got what it takes.
just remeber, no expectations and no leading anyone on.

good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 02:24 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
I agree, go for it. A few months after my stbx filed and old friend envited me out. I was torn, but decided to go. It made me feel much better about myself. I realized there is life after divorce. Have fun.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:26 PM

918 posts, read 1,643,224 times
There had better be life after a breakup... I am only 28!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I agree, go for it. A few months after my stbx filed and old friend envited me out. I was torn, but decided to go. It made me feel much better about myself. I realized there is life after divorce. Have fun.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:12 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Bye-bye enjoy!!!!!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 04:41 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfish34ren View Post
Well, if any of you don't know my situation with the ex look at my thread called "Having a tough time- Post-Breakup Issues!" on the 2nd page somewhere...

Anyway... I am still in the healing process, but have a question... I am by no means ready for a relationship again yet. However, there is a girl from about a year ago that always had a crush on me, and wanted to go out, etc. Because of the ex, and because I am not the cheater type, I declined.

A few days back, we got into contact again, and she wants me to go and spend a few days with her (she lives a few hours away now). Obviously a relationship isn't going to happen, since I won't do the LD thing and I am not ready for that again, but is a few days of fun going to help me or make things worse?

I know the ex is with someone else having her fun, but I don't want revenge to be my reason for doing this. And just to satisfy those shallow posters out there, yes, she is a very attractive woman.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Anything that spells "FUN", I say:

GO FOR IT!

And oh, don't forget to take pictures, and show them off to friends. And by all means, when you do this, the words eventually will arrive at your ex's ears about how much fun you have, and boy, would that get on her hair!

Old 10-14-2008, 04:52 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
true very true.

you will live.

now its time to live for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
Anything that spells "FUN", I say:

GO FOR IT!

And oh, don't forget to take pictures, and show them off to friends. And by all means, when you do this, the words eventually will arrive at your ex's ears about how much fun you have, and boy, would that get on her hair!

Old 10-14-2008, 06:21 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,817 times
Make it clear to this girl (before going) that you are not ready for a relationship!!! Just a forewarning!!!
You don't want to show up, spend a few days and nights with her, and then leave her thinking that there is something more when there is not.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:27 PM

461 posts, read 1,449,903 times
I vote yes! Get out of town, have some fun. Don't even think about your x... just let it all go and enjoy life.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:31 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
Make it clear to this girl (before going) that you are not ready for a relationship!!! Just a forewarning!!!
You don't want to show up, spend a few days and nights with her, and then leave her thinking that there is something more when there is not.
I agree with this and after that go and have a blast!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:26 PM

6,824 posts, read 14,036,923 times
Keeping yourself busy is the best way in the world to stop thinking about the ex. As long as there are no expectations things will be fine. Life is made up of things you do, not to those that you miss out on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships