Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:52 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,872 times

Advertisements

1. pick your nose
2. scarf a loogy
3. belch
4. fart
5. take your date to MacDonalds
6. ask your date if he/she doesn't mind you calling the ex
7. chew with your mouth open
8. get drunk
9. tell him/her how horny you are
10. ((((((drum roll please)))))) ask her out again if you do any of the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 05:25 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I didn't say that just because they have different political leanings they are a mediocre thinker. Mediocrity has a lot of facets, and it's not hard to tell when speaking to someone for a bit about their various philosophical views, if they even have any, that they're not much of an intelligent conversationalist.

I don't care if someone thinks I'm arrogant. I think I'm right, if that makes me arrogant who gives a crap?! I don't subscribe to the "we're all equal" theory of human existence, as PC as that may be, it's totally untrue. People are not created equal, biologically or otherwise, and they are not equal in value either. Some people are better than others. It's just not "nice" to discuss that fact, even though it's obvious to anyone that Bill Gates isn't equal to some bum on the streets combing through a trash dumpster.
Bill Gates helps others!!! He is not selfish! He is willing to give and give in order to receive! Those that take without the care and concern of others are simply selfish and what goes around comes around. You are young and seem to have lived a very sheltered life. Open your mind and explore outside of this so-called box you have and stop taking wealth for granted! You are arrogant and everything you type seems to be negative. If you are like this in person, I just cannot even imagine! I'm really not trying to be mean about this either. For your sake, you have got to bring yourself down a notch! The way you cut others down and look down upon others is ridiculous.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:44 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Ladies don't even think of saying this, "Does that come in adult size?"

Old 10-27-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Ladies don't even think of saying this, "Does that come in adult size?"
That and, "Exactly what size shoe do you wear?"

Old 10-28-2008, 09:46 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I didn't say that just because they have different political leanings they are a mediocre thinker. Mediocrity has a lot of facets, and it's not hard to tell when speaking to someone for a bit about their various philosophical views, if they even have any, that they're not much of an intelligent conversationalist.

I don't care if someone thinks I'm arrogant. I think I'm right, if that makes me arrogant who gives a crap?! I don't subscribe to the "we're all equal" theory of human existence, as PC as that may be, it's totally untrue. People are not created equal, biologically or otherwise, and they are not equal in value either. Some people are better than others. It's just not "nice" to discuss that fact, even though it's obvious to anyone that Bill Gates isn't equal to some bum on the streets combing through a trash dumpster.
I would like to share something with you that my grandfather taught me many years ago."If you are walking down the street and come across an idiot arguing with a genius, you probably couldnt tell which person was which."I'm having trouble deciding which you are. I'm guessing youre no genius though.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:40 PM

667 posts, read 2,888,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
After all, I think the reason you like a person is because of their personality, their sense of humor, their consideration for others, and their basic values. Simply writing somebody off because they believe differently from you or cancel out your vote on Election Day is just incredibly stupid and petty. What's more, it's really arrogant, because it assumes that you and only you are the possessor of wisdom.
Rep point from me to you for this one.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:19 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I would like to share something with you that my grandfather taught me many years ago."If you are walking down the street and come across an idiot arguing with a genius, you probably couldnt tell which person was which."I'm having trouble deciding which you are. I'm guessing youre no genius though.
Hey. That's pretty good.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:13 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
Bill Gates helps others!!! He is not selfish! He is willing to give and give in order to receive! Those that take without the care and concern of others are simply selfish and what goes around comes around. You are young and seem to have lived a very sheltered life. Open your mind and explore outside of this so-called box you have and stop taking wealth for granted! You are arrogant and everything you type seems to be negative. If you are like this in person, I just cannot even imagine! I'm really not trying to be mean about this either. For your sake, you have got to bring yourself down a notch! The way you cut others down and look down upon others is ridiculous.
LOL, right, I should bring myself down to everyone else's level. Sounds like great advice as usual from you, dvcgal. Not.

Sheltered from what?! I didn't grow up in the ghetto if that's what you mean. I didn't have a bunch of friends who went to jail or did drugs and overdosed. I didn't grow up in a lousy environment, but that doesn't make me sheltered. It seems to me like you grew up in a very mediocre environment that never encouraged to you think about your own goals and ambitions, rather just to be concerned about everyone else.

Bill Gates has $50 billion, if you had that much you'd donate money to charity too. It's great he helps in that way, but most of us aren't anywhere near that wealthy. And don't assume I haven't given money to charity or helped out, because I have. It's not the top of my list of things to do but it doesn't mean I don't care. I just care selectively. I don't care about homeless shelters or homeless people, frankly I wish they'd just all disappear to Mexico, but I care about causes that matter to me, cancer research, etc.

You know the saying, "It's not paranoia if everyone really is out to get you?" It's not arrogance if you think you're better than most people and you actually are.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:28 PM

Then there's .....

11. But you will go out with me after I leave my wife won't you?

Old 10-28-2008, 09:31 PM

918 posts, read 1,643,224 times
One thing I have learned... if on a blind date, don't let the first thing out of your mouth be "wow, you look a lot older than you are".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships