Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 12:30 AM

3,428 posts, read 3,351,010 times

Advertisements

Friend of mine told me....
Someone she knew (female) met some guy at a frequent hangout. She and this guy were talking endlessly, they exchanged numbers and information, etc. She gives him her home address - never mind that they'd just met!
This woman invites the guy over to her house for lunch. He goes, they have lunch, talk...apparently, nothing happened (sexually), but he's into her, and she's into him - or so she claims.
He calls her the day after; she says she's busy, got this, that, the other going on. Okay. He says, "call me." Three days go by, she never calls, texts, not a word.
Guy finds her at another hangout. She sees him, says hi, then claims she was "sick the last few days - in fact, she's still sick." He says, "Yeah, hope you feel better." He suspects she's full of s--t (who wouldn't?) 'cause soon after, just a few minutes after she tells him that, she's talking to some other guy - and he's buying her drinks!!!

Two days later, her house is broken into and robbed! She wasn't home. She suspects this guy but no solid evidence to link him to the crime! The police question him, but he had an apparent alibi and they let him go due to lack of evidence.

I don't know the merit, and it sounds crazy, but it could happen. We think that she might have played the wrong person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 12:36 AM

102,237 posts, read 108,130,790 times
She was extremely foolish to invite a stranger to her home, or even just to give him her home address. It sounds like she doesn't have enough sense to keep herself safe. How old is this person? She's lucky he only took her stuff. It could have been a lot worse.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:58 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,932,615 times
I'm not sure what went on here, but it might very well be that this guy wasn't exactly played. He may have done something while he was over her house for lunch, that wound up turning her off and then not liking him enough to see him again. This has happened to me before, more than once.

I was invited to a young woman's house quite a few years back. She lived there with her mom and sister. The girl had been begging me to come hang out with her and I was the one making excuses. So I went over there and we sat on her bed and watched Goodfellas. All 2 hours and 25 minutes of it. I brought the DVD over like a dummy. Should have not brought any DVD's over and just hung out and got to know her. When she had asked me to come over a few days earlier, she asked ''Do you wanna come over to my house and talk?'', not ''Do you wanna come over to my house and bring a movie?''. I think that might have been one of the strikes against me. She was doing things to indicate she wanted me to make a move or at the very least, put my arm around or get touchy with her (like touch her arm or play with her hair, hold her hand, I don't mean sexually) and I did nothing. Never was invited over again after this. Called her a couple days later and she was busy. Called her another couple days later and her grandmother all the sudden died, which was clearly made up. She stopped talking to me after this.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:09 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,235,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
I don't know the merit, and it sounds crazy, but it could happen. We think that she might have played the wrong person.

That's jumping to an awfully big conclusion.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:48 AM

6,568 posts, read 8,416,918 times
Quote:
Someone she knew (female) met some guy at a frequent hangout. She and this guy were talking endlessly, they exchanged numbers and information, etc. She gives him her home address - never mind that they'd just met!
This woman invites the guy over to her house for lunch. He goes, they have lunch, talk...apparently, nothing happened (sexually), but he's into her, and she's into him - or so she claims.
He calls her the day after; she says she's busy, got this, that, the other going on. Okay. He says, "call me." Three days go by, she never calls, texts, not a word.
Guy finds her at another hangout. She sees him, says hi, then claims she was "sick the last few days - in fact, she's still sick." He says, "Yeah, hope you feel better." He suspects she's full of s--t (who wouldn't?) 'cause soon after, just a few minutes after she tells him that, she's talking to some other guy - and he's buying her drinks!!!

Two days later, her house is broken into and robbed! She wasn't home. She suspects this guy but no solid evidence to link him to the crime! The police question him, but he had an apparent alibi and they let him go due to lack of evidence.

This story starts from the female's point of view but then morphs to the male's point of view. OP, did this happen to you? Are you the guy in this story?

The fact of the matter is, this woman is making extremely risky choices.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
This story starts from the female's point of view but then morphs to the male's point of view. OP, did this happen to you? Are you the guy in this story?

The fact of the matter is, this woman is making extremely risky choices.
no

Absolutely not! I'm NOT gonna get involved in such craziness. As I said, I got this story from a friend!!!

Old 05-07-2017, 07:31 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 18 days ago)

35,670 posts, read 18,040,478 times
How is it "playing" someone to invite them to your house for lunch, and then apparently after that lunch to be too polite to say "I don't like you as I actually thought I would" and ease out of the relationship with excuses?

I'm missing something. Trying to get to know someone better by inviting them to lunch and then making excuses later to avoid them because it turns out you don't like them is just how social behavior works. IMHO.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:32 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,547,864 times
Quote:

That's a shame it's happened but that could of happened regardless of her giving her address and inviting him

Yes she should have said she wasn't interested instead of being evasive but I don't think she played him as such and if it was him that got revenge for being " played " and breaking in then she really has dodged the bullet

Old 05-07-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How is it "playing" someone to invite them to your house for lunch, and then apparently after that lunch to be too polite to say "I don't like you as I actually thought I would" and ease out of the relationship with excuses?

I'm missing something. Trying to get to know someone better by inviting them to lunch and then making excuses later to avoid them because it turns out you don't like them is just how social behavior works. IMHO.
First of all, would you invite someone you just met to your house?? Common sense should tell you that you meet him at a public location! Also, leading that person on and then avoiding them, giving bull**** excuses and getting caught in your game isn't considered a play?

If such is the case, you have to wonder how many guys has she done this to?

Old 05-07-2017, 07:59 AM

11,813 posts, read 12,057,518 times
Quote:
First of all, would you invite someone you just met to your house?? Common sense should tell you that you meet him at a public location! Also, leading that person on and then avoiding them, giving bull**** excuses and getting caught in your game isn't considered a play?

If such is the case, you have to wonder how many guys has she done this to?
Your tirade is interesting given how pushy you were about picking up a woman at her home when she suggested meeting you in a public place...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships