Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 07:37 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,392,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Well, for all you guys out there, if you buy a girl a virtual flower for six bucks, and she has a brain, she is probably wondering how financially responsible you would be in a relationship.
I would think it is sweet. They thought about you!! I am a Pisces. I am drawn to water. Really. The guy I meet on line drills in the ocean. He sent me a cute little bottle of ocean water. I cried all day I loved it so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 09:45 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,243,919 times
What really annoys me about these sites now (even the free ones) is that you're forced to create a profile in order to browse. Just because I'm not actively searching and don't feel like playing the dating game doesn't mean I don't wanna take a look occasionally. If somebody strikes my fancy then I might sign up so I can contact him without all other nuisance involved.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:43 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,703,335 times
I added that to my facebook page as I saw a friend doing it and it was all of interesting for about 90 seconds. I can't see anyone seriously using that to really find someone.

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 11-09-2008 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: removed orphaned quote

Old 11-09-2008, 01:29 PM

638 posts, read 1,920,003 times
btw.. one's that "bash" online dating (ahem male species.. not men but male) are the ones that have to find themselves a woman from overseas or a mail order bride because an american woman isn't stupid enough to deal with them

Old 11-09-2008, 01:57 PM

78,636 posts, read 60,809,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinCarl View Post
btw.. one's that "bash" online dating (ahem male species.. not men but male) are the ones that have to find themselves a woman from overseas or a mail order bride because an american woman isn't stupid enough to deal with them
I use on-line dating but have bashed it on occasion myself. I just had to re-do my profile because 2 of my last 3 dates off the site were fresh off BAD relationships and showed up for the date (public place) looking like they might mace me at any loud noise. Yeah, if you are that fearful of men....you should not be dating, thanks for wasting my time. They probably go on a number of dates and then complain that there wasn't any "chemistry", I would laugh if it weren't so sad.

Currently talking to at least 3 women that I would call "high quality" but two of them I won't see (again) for 3 weeks or so due to travel, surgery etc. It's a little frustrating.

I got about 8-10 new contacts in the past 48 hours from the site I'm using...a few have potential. However, I have no dates lined up for this week yet.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Well actually to be fair...

When I lived in a ski town in Colorado a huge portion of the seasonal workers are from Australia/NZ, eastern europe and South America with maybe a few from the Uk/Ireland. From 2000-2007, I didn't date one American woman. It's a whole new world out there and American women really don't cut the mustard. I've went on a number of dates with American women after that and it was a nightmare. It brought back all the things I had left behind.

Argentianian women are vastly different from Australian women from Czech women etc. because of the many cultural differences. The one common thread though is that they are a lot freer in their thinking, don't care about material goods, very fair about paying their way and a lot freer otherwise, wink, wink.

American women are very loud, always shreiking and yelping, obnoxious, in your face, conceited, greedy. They are snooty about spliting the bill and have to do relationships by paint by numbers. American women just lay there and expect the man to do everything. Dating here in this country is very formal. Going on a first date with an American woman is a painful job interview where I am expected to pay the bill. Can't wait to visit New Zealand and Australia again. Soon.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:14 PM

638 posts, read 1,920,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I use on-line dating but have bashed it on occasion myself. I just had to re-do my profile because 2 of my last 3 dates off the site were fresh off BAD relationships and showed up for the date (public place) looking like they might mace me at any loud noise. Yeah, if you are that fearful of men....you should not be dating, thanks for wasting my time. They probably go on a number of dates and then complain that there wasn't any "chemistry", I would laugh if it weren't so sad.

Currently talking to at least 3 women that I would call "high quality" but two of them I won't see (again) for 3 weeks or so due to travel, surgery etc. It's a little frustrating.

I got about 8-10 new contacts in the past 48 hours from the site I'm using...a few have potential. However, I have no dates lined up for this week yet.
sorry.. wanted to edit my post but I guess I'm past the allotted the to do that.

I should not have generalized MOST men... just the men that are vulgar and venomous about it.. You know.. that one's that are STILL single (by choice )

Old 11-09-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I think there is a problem I find with American dating that leads to those unpleasant first dates. The whole deal is way too formal, with too many expectations and desires. People are thinking 10 bridges down the road and they haven't even crossed the first one.

Why not just meet at Starbucks or a coffee shop and have tea or coffee and have a chat? My focus is to be friends first. I don't even care if they bring a friend along. The first date in this country people always get so worked up and fired up over. Take it back a notch. I've suggested that approach and American women don't like it. They want the big production.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:22 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,530,804 times
I've met one guy through hot or not. We lived several counties away from one another. He is a cop. We chatted for a long time, then we met and dated several times. That was maybe two years ago, and now I live much farther away. We still chat occasionally via messenger.

Like I said before, you get in, get your data, and get out. In that regard, it doesn't matter what site you use, they are all the same, and your success will be a function of your ability to identify and process data.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Wow.. you're one of the ones I was generalizing. Pathetic.

American women?? holy crap.. you should see you American men... we have a sad choice to make when there is really no choice to make at all.

Into money.. they can be fat, nasty slobs but damn it the women MUST be perfect or she is a piece of ****... most are not too bright, etc.

I'm so glad I found one of the few decent American men left otherwise I'd be stuck trying to pick between you and JonathanLB...

I'd rather turn Lesbian LOL... holy ****.. wait a minute... that's something hubby and I were talking about. Lesbianism is a big thing now. Many women are bi or true on lesbians. No **** LOL..gee wonder why? Is it that women here would rather be w/another woman rather than be faced w/a choice between 2 loser men? nahhhh
No wonder there are a lot of gay men too. I don't find that a moral thing to do, but if one has to put up with the above, I can't find fault with them can I?

Wooo.. hostile. You don't even know me either.

I'm know there are some terrible American men. In fact I see a lot of decent women that date these guys then wonder why their life is miserable.

I've experienced both sides(American and Foreign ladies) and apparently some general criticism ignited the flamethrower. My preference is women from the Southern Hemisphere. Life is much better with them. Now I'm sure there are some decent American women out there and I will keep my eyes open, but I don't have any expectations.

I'm not into the conceited looks thing by the way. "Hot" women are usually a waste of space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships