Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 05:00 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,384,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What really annoys me about these sites now (even the free ones) is that you're forced to create a profile.

If somebody strikes my fancy then I might sign up so I can contact him without all other nuisance involved.
How about creating a profile with the bare minimum and no pic (up to you) just to get into the site?

Not you, s-az, but to the preceding posts...we're taking about something as IMPERSONAL as on-line dating...why have the posts back-and-forth gotten so hostile? Unnecessary.

How I view it:
The best thing about on-line dating: efficient
The worst thing about on-line dating: can't test the "in-person" chemistry so as to avoid wasting time

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 11-09-2008 at 05:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 05:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
How about creating a profile with the bare minimum and no pic (up to you) just to get into the site?
Yeah, I considered this, of course, but they still want you to write an essay... blah, blah... and you can't fill it with only the proper number of keystrokes because they'll delete the profile... Guess I can only snoop on match these days since I have a very old and very fake profile I can still log in with. I suppose I CAN create a horrifying profile nobody's gonna touch , but you don't know how the site works... you might not be able to change the user name anymore in case you decide to really use it some day. In any event, it's irritating.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:49 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Argentianian women are vastly different from Australian women from Czech women etc. because of the many cultural differences. The one common thread though is that they are a lot freer in their thinking, don't care about material goods, very fair about paying their way and a lot freer otherwise, wink, wink.

American women are very loud, always shreiking and yelping, obnoxious, in your face, conceited, greedy. They are snooty about spliting the bill and have to do relationships by paint by numbers. American women just lay there and expect the man to do everything. Dating here in this country is very formal. Going on a first date with an American woman is a painful job interview where I am expected to pay the bill. Can't wait to visit New Zealand and Australia again. Soon.
Gosh I hope you visit them quickly...and stay there. Good grief! I can totally understand why any woman would run like hell from you. I know I would. Sheesh.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I think there is a problem I find with American dating that leads to those unpleasant first dates. The whole deal is way too formal, with too many expectations and desires. People are thinking 10 bridges down the road and they haven't even crossed the first one.

Why not just meet at Starbucks or a coffee shop and have tea or coffee and have a chat? My focus is to be friends first. I don't even care if they bring a friend along. The first date in this country people always get so worked up and fired up over. Take it back a notch. I've suggested that approach and American women don't like it. They want the big production.
Huh???? What the hell are you talking about? YOU ask the gal out, and YOU set the expectation. I LOVE a guy that just wants to go hang out and have coffee for an hour or so....just to see how things go. No one wants to go out to dinner and dancing (or whatever) for an entire freaking night with someone they don't even know. I would feel enormously uncomfortable doing that.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:55 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,312,274 times
Quote:
Well actually to be fair...

When I lived in a ski town in Colorado a huge portion of the seasonal workers are from Australia/NZ, eastern europe and South America with maybe a few from the Uk/Ireland. From 2000-2007, I didn't date one American woman. It's a whole new world out there and American women really don't cut the mustard. I've went on a number of dates with American women after that and it was a nightmare. It brought back all the things I had left behind.

Argentianian women are vastly different from Australian women from Czech women etc. because of the many cultural differences. The one common thread though is that they are a lot freer in their thinking, don't care about material goods, very fair about paying their way and a lot freer otherwise, wink, wink.

American women are very loud, always shreiking and yelping, obnoxious, in your face, conceited, greedy. They are snooty about spliting the bill and have to do relationships by paint by numbers. American women just lay there and expect the man to do everything. Dating here in this country is very formal. Going on a first date with an American woman is a painful job interview where I am expected to pay the bill. Can't wait to visit New Zealand and Australia again. Soon.
Yeah sure....all these foreign women are all over you... Green Card baby Green Card.

One other thing

Quote:
I've went on a number of dates

Old 11-09-2008, 08:33 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,685,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Gosh I hope you visit them quickly...and stay there. Good grief! I can totally understand why any woman would run like hell from you. I know I would. Sheesh.
I hope so too.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:35 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,685,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Yeah sure....all these foreign women are all over you... Green Card baby Green Card.

One other thing

That must be it. How'd I'd miss it?

Old 11-09-2008, 09:02 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,641,186 times
I'm sure it offends the American girls on this forum, but don't take so much offense from stereotypes that exist for a reason but aren't true of everyone. I mean, you could say that most guys are taller than most girls, but of course there are plenty of girls taller than plenty of guys. A LOT of American guys feel this way, if you go to AskMen.com's forums for instance you will find this too, that American girls are really some of the worst girls in the world. The feminist movement is largely to blame for this, I think, a lot of sense of entitlement and a lot of hatred for men. It doesn't mean all American women are this way by any means, it just means there are a lot enough percentage who act this way to sully the waters. When you visit other countries, the women really love American men, they come up and talk to you, they are much more friendly, but yet American guys get treated like crap by American women quite a lot of the time. So rather than just insulting this guy's opinion and his findings, consider that it's a pretty commonly held opinion among many young men today. The women in this country are just not what they once were. Rather than personally attacking someone for pointing that out, you should be a bit more intellectually curious why that is or why guys feel this way. Just yelling at people isn't going to accomplish much.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
The women in this country are just not what they once were.
And men are? Puuuuleeez.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:58 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,641,186 times
Hey I didn't say that. You just jumped to conclusions -- I totally agree!!! Men in this country aren't what they once were either. Read the book "Manliness" for my opinions on this subject more fully. Can't say I agree with all of his assertions (he's a Harvard professor), but definitely he hits some good points. I think men in this country have become less manly, basically, less accountable, responsible, less willing to stand up for what they really believe. There are problems on both sides. It's not like it's just womens' problems.

We were just addressing the American woman side of things so that's why I didn't go into my rant about what a bunch of "girly men" have been running amok in our country now days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships