Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 02:57 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,526 times

Advertisements

The first time there were red flags and I ignored them and got married anyway. He had a two year old sweet boy and I think I loved being the mommie. We divorced after 13...bad years.
I met my DH while we were volunteering on a life squad...we joke we rescued each other. We have been married for 20 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 03:54 PM

291 posts, read 610,909 times
i thought that i found the ONE a couple of years ago. It was in a hotel and my younger brother brought this waitress to my attention and he wanted me to introduce myself to her. Wow, when i saw her for the first time i was dazzled and mesmerised by her beauty and this distinctive way that she walked. I was so shy though to break the ice and talk to her so i decided to get her flowers, and that ended up beeing the first time that we spoke. We stayed in contact casually but we didnt become anything more than friends -although i wanted it to be more, but i could tell that she wasnt interested when i went back there the next year. It was a shame though because it felt like a good sign because my younger brother introduced me to her.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,405 times
i was with my ex for 3 and a half years and we were engaged. Yes I loved him, but long story short he changed and got very mean yada yada yada that ended. i met my current bf well it starts like this drove an hour away form my house and got to the street i was goin and someone smashed into my car... the shop i took my car to i had to go to a few times so i kinda got to know the people who worked there. the day i got my car back my sister called and begged me for an hour to go out with her which i didnt want to do i finally agreed. at the bar waiting for a drink i hear a "hey" and its the guy from the shop who painted my car. we have small talk, my sister starts talking to him and later on i go with her to his house. he lives with my current bf. anyways that day i met him i knew there waS something different about him than anyone else id been with. on our first date i knew he was the one i dont know how to explain it.. even being with my ex for so long and yes i loved him but not at all like this. since the day i met him i havent stopped thinking about him he still gives me butterflies its been over a year. and getting to know him the things we have in common and the striking similarities in our lives that most people never experience hes lol i cant even put into words

Old 08-16-2010, 10:31 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,009,038 times
I met my wife at a wedding party. She was sitting opposite me at a table with many others all around. A voice in my head simply said that she would be important to me. It wasn't me talking to myself; it was distinctly a message from somewhere else. In retrospect, the "wording" of the message is odd, but it has been true.
It's the only time I've had an experience such as this and I'm not at all vulnerable to airy-fairy notions and reading signs in tea leaves or any other such nonsense.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:35 AM

647 posts, read 2,082,893 times
I knew as soon as I started dating my current wife that she was "the one" for me. Her and I were friends for a good while before we ever dated so I already knew her well and knew that she was a first class person. Dating her never really crossed mind at first, but things slowly changed as I got to know her more and discovered that our personalities as well as our values/beliefs were in total agreement. I came to the realization that, for a marriage/wife, she had the qualities and character that I desired and needed and that would sustain over the long haul. The type of woman I could have a family with.

I don't know if I believe that there is only "one" perfect person for each of us. There are probably other people that I could have a successful marriage relationship with, but, it sure would be hard to beat the one I have now.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:52 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,549,512 times
Default Did you know he/she was "the one?"

I was actually a wrong number. We talked on the phone for a couple of weeks. He originally lived here and was on a plane from CA before I knew it.

I knew he was the one when I picked him up at the airport stairing into those beautiful green eyes stairing back into mine and then he kissed me. We were married 5 months later .

Old 08-17-2010, 10:59 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,281,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinCarl View Post
What cracks me up is my mom cannot believe I fart in front of my husband. To this day she will not fart in front of my father (40 yrs of marraige). She will actually get up and go to the bathroom to do it.... must be that generation.
Nah. I don't fart in front of my husband either, and I have friends in their 20's and 30's that won't either. So not generational

Old 08-19-2010, 04:06 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,977,610 times
I like people, but I'm very introverted. If I spend too much time with anyone, even my best friends, I start getting that restless feeling that I need to be alone for a while. I knew that my husband and I shared the same values and beliefs, and that I was in love with him. But when I realized that no matter how much time I spent with him I was always aching for more, that's when I knew he was 'the one'.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:34 PM

4 posts, read 6,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinCarl View Post
We talked on the phone and online for a week before meeting so I reallllly loved his personality.

when we met in real life I was not as interested but by our 4th date I was ready for him to kiss me just to know if I'm wasting my time.

When he kissed me I KNEW. I had never felt that way from the other kisses I had gotten over the years from other men. We moved in together a month later, 2 months later he proposed and a month later we were marreid. getting ready for our 3 yr anniversary from our first date. yyayyyya

From that first kiss we have never been apart except when We moved from NV to MT and he had to be here 3 weeks before me to start his job.
interesting. Hmm.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:50 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City DATA my my m View Post
interesting. Hmm.
When you know you know

As someone else said earlier in the thread, if you are questioning if someone is the one then they probably aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships