Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 04:50 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,999,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
It was immediate for me. Very weird. Almost as if somebody had opened a door.

She knew by the fourth date. We were engaged in three months, married within ten. Married for 17 years now.
Until you have reached 30 years there is still a lot of room for divorce.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 04:59 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,485,161 times
We knew by our third date (she was fairly sure by the end of our first), but it took awhile longer to work out how to be together since we lived far apart. We each found the other to be extremely compatible in the ways that really matter. I'd never been so sure of anyone previously, and neither had she. It was far more than mere chemistry (but there was a LOT of that, too), and has been proven by over 11 wonderful years.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:48 PM

1,960 posts, read 4,669,376 times
When she signs that prenup, I'll know she's the one

Old 06-12-2011, 06:59 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,286,403 times
It's all a matter of timing and being on the same page about some specfic things. There is no "one"...imagine what the odds would be if there was.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:36 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,195,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Until you have reached 30 years there is still a lot of room for divorce.....
Well, it could be happily married for 17 years. Better than being miserable because 17 years is a long time.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:45 AM

1,549 posts, read 2,586,235 times
I don't believe in the idea of "the one" but after a few months together I started to realize that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. It's like that quote from When Harry Met Sally, "when you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest of your life to start right now"

Old 06-13-2011, 08:29 AM

859 posts, read 2,831,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLATINQT View Post
This question is to all the married folks out there. When you met your spouse, did you automatically know that he or she was the one? How soon after you met did you know? How did you know? Would like to hear some nice romantic stories.

I knew my current GF for about 6 yrs before we got together. We were good friends and then it happened. I didn't know she was "the one" for about 6 months. After that there's been no looking back for either of us.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:54 AM
LrR

1 posts, read 3,278 times
Hey there Char... you stated you had been married before. For how long?
I had one of those "look in the eye" experiences. I knew I was home. I had felt so displaced in my life, like I was never really present, but just a participant. Perhaps it goes along with change in age, and in time of being ready & open for the right one - to choose to trust at all costs, experience all facets of life together.. no matter what. I know where my heart is. There is a pain still of letting a past relationship go, that which was destructive and done more out of duty & comittment rather than out of a participating and engaged heart.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:14 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,135,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
When you know you know

As someone else said earlier in the thread, if you are questioning if someone is the one then they probably aren't.
Well if you're talking about when you first meet them, then that's like love at first sight. In a lot of cases you don't know until well into the relationship.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:13 AM

830 posts, read 1,668,479 times
When I met my husband I didn't immediately get the feeling that he's "the one." What I did feel though was that I could trust him. I was in a situation where I really shouldn't have trusted a strange young man--or at least that's what my family and friends would advise--but for some reason I got the feeling that he's ok.

The "he's the one" feeling didn't come suddenly, it came in bits and pieces. I can kind of mark it off in "quaters." First was the day we met and I trusted him; second was a few months after meeting when we talked for a long time on the phone one night and I was enamored just by the sound of his voice; third was after we knew each other for a little more than a year and he encouraged me to keep going to school even though I was depressed and I wanted to quit (it's a big deal for him to do that because he has a 10th-grade level education and he doesn't have any clue about college but he encouraged me anyway); fourth was two-and-a-half years AFTER we were married and I just felt so good because I thought about how he was starting to get along so well with my family and make a spot for himself in our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships