Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2008, 10:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,274,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb62 View Post
Women are so weird. I don't understand why they don't like seeing a well built man really showing off his bod. There is nothing hotter than a guy with a nice chest, broad shoulders and lats wearing a wife beater. So many women hate seeing a guy wearing fitted pants? Why? Don't they want to see some package? Some butt. So many hate speedos. There are definetly some differences between gay guys and straight women...
Well, I like Speedos (on the right people that is), but DESPISE wife beaters !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 10:21 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,064,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb62 View Post
Women are so weird. I don't understand why they don't like seeing a well built man really showing off his bod. There is nothing hotter than a guy with a nice chest, broad shoulders and lats wearing a wife beater. So many women hate seeing a guy wearing fitted pants? Why? Don't they want to see some package? Some butt. So many hate speedos. There are definetly some differences between gay guys and straight women...
Most of the men I see in speedos should be taken to jail for indescent exposure! Fitted pants is one thing, tight jeans where your stuff is pushed to the side and bulging out is another! That's not hot nor is it sexy! I don't mind seeing some behind but I really would like a little more left to the imagination when it comes to the bulge. Wife beaters are unsexy! It's a $1 tank top that rips and shreds and most hillbillies or wannabe's wear them. To each his/her own.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:22 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,567,271 times
i never think i want other guys to wear tight pants. thanks.
i would like guys to gress better, slob dress means lack of respect for others..

Old 11-12-2008, 06:58 AM

78,718 posts, read 60,905,430 times
Ok, thanks for input Saturdays date....I don't have any women friends or family that live near me so I appreciate the help.
The outing is a nice non-chain restaurant, but not *super* nice.

-blue jeans, a little faded and worn (ones in my profile pic) with black dress belt
-Black shoes (new\dressier) or some type of black leather hiking boot....I need to buy these
-Fitted dress shirt, blue...probably over a dark T-shirt
-Black leather blazer

I will take a pic before my date and use for my new profile. lol.

All of my fitted\dockers type pants are just too loose right now and I have to cinch a belt on...just holding off on the last 15lbs. to drop 4-figs on new clothes. I HAVE found some nice henley-style fall shirts in the back of my closet that have sat there for years so it's like a treasure hunt in the recesses of my walk in closet lol.

Last edited by Mathguy; 11-12-2008 at 07:09 AM..

Old 11-12-2008, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ok, thanks for input Saturdays date....I don't have any women friends or family that live near me so I appreciate the help.
The outing is a nice non-chain restaurant, but not *super* nice.

-blue jeans, a little faded and worn (ones in my profile pic) with black dress belt
-Black shoes (new\dressier) or some type of black leather hiking boot....I need to buy these
-Fitted dress shirt, blue...probably over a dark T-shirt
-Black leather blazer

I will take a pic before my date and use for my new profile. lol.

All of my fitted\dockers type pants are just too loose right now and I have to cinch a belt on...just holding off on the last 15lbs. to drop 4-figs on new clothes. I HAVE found some nice henley-style fall shirts in the back of my closet that have sat there for years so it's like a treasure hunt in the recesses of my walk in closet lol.
Ha-ha, in this case I recommend shopping for shoes, jackets, coats, belts, etc. When I gain some weight and don't feel like trying on clothes I buy shoes, purses, jewelry. However, I never buy the next size even if my clothes are ill-fitting for a while. My motto is: YOU shrink; clothes do not expand!

Oh, btw, smile on that picture!

Old 11-12-2008, 08:17 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,132,266 times
I prefer them naked and chained in the basement, but that's a whole 'nother Oprah.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:39 AM

4,789 posts, read 14,763,746 times
I used to be fat with love handles, and was so embarrassed going shirtless at a beach. Now I'm slim and fit and don't mind going shirtless, but a 6 pack is so hard to get [too much constant diet and exercise]. I would wear swim shorts instead, not Speedos. But I also have more women's 1 pc swimsuits than men's! - Oh, I'd love to wear that in girl mode, but I just can't tuck or get a wig wet!

Guy clothes are so simple. Polo shirts - not too much variation in style, I'd rather get a nice thrift store one that looks the same as a $70 one at Dillard's. I rarely wear jeans, they're for heavy duty use. T Shirts with a nice style or graphic are also cheap. You can get a good $10 one and look good. - So hard to do this with women's clothes!

Men's suits - I only have 1 modern one, probably over 90 women's suits! Mens suits mostly look all the same, and are boring! Women's suits - incredible variation of styles, cuts, colors, material, and designs. - Just wish I could use them for regular prof wear and interviews instead! I'd look way better in my skirt suits than my man's suit! And there aren't too many suits for small guys; I need a 36S 28 pants or smaller and this is so hard to get! Like I'd find and fit more size 4 - 6 skirt suits instead! Guys are mostly in the size 40+ jackets 32+ pants!

Oh, it's so cheap to dress up as a guy and look good! And the clothes often look the same and never go out of style, - like a polo shirt.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Oh, it's so cheap to dress up as a guy and look good! And the clothes often look the same and never go out of style, - like a polo shirt.
Ain't that the truth?! Not only do guys make more, but their clothes are cheaper to boot. Not to mention they need way fewer of them and not to mention how many accessories and cosmetics they don't need! If I were a woman wearing L, I'd be buying guys' S sweaters.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:21 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,423,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ain't that the truth?! Not only do guys make more, but their clothes are cheaper to boot. Not to mention they need way fewer of them and not to mention how many accessories and cosmetics they don't need! If I were a woman wearing L, I'd be buying guys' S sweaters.
I buy men's sweaters & shirts all the time!!! Have been for years! Same with sneakers & hiking boots. Granted, if I was smaller, I'd be more inclined to shop in the women's department, but I have no issue with wearing men's clothes.

My DH swiped my hiking boots and some of my fav t-shirts and I've "inherited" a number of his button downs.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I buy men's sweaters & shirts all the time!!! Have been for years! Same with sneakers & hiking boots. Granted, if I was smaller, I'd be more inclined to shop in the women's department, but I have no issue with wearing men's clothes.

My DH swiped my hiking boots and some of my fav t-shirts and I've "inherited" a number of his button downs.
I rob the juniors' dept occasionally, but obviously the quality is not as good as in the men's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships