Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:09 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,194,590 times

Advertisements

Speak for yourself bro.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Every man no matter what age he is, has a little kid inside. When I got married my wife put the little kid in me in time out indefinitely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 11:11 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,263,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Every man no matter what age he is, has a little kid inside. When I got married my wife put the little kid in me in time out indefinitely.
I get it...my husband has his boats and cars, but he is certainly not going to sit his arse in front of the tv all day playing Tomb Raiders

IMO, the guys that are still doing this stuff are no different than the creepy guys who would spend all weekend playing Dungeons and Dragons in high school

Old 11-15-2008, 11:13 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,764,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I'll be perfectly honest with you all...when I see a guy like this all I can think is "good grief, I hope I am not raising sons like that" and "Loser"...
LOL

We are rasing a generation of males that aren't "Men" were raising little boys.

Not trying to be harsh but that is the fact.

I guess that isn't PC though is it.

One day we might have tanks on our shores, do we want men or little boys.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:18 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,198,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
At what point do you consider a man immature, based on his hobbies alone?

(Just a question...several of my GF's go out with guys like this)
My boyfriend is 27 and just got into dirt bikes and doing rallymoto racing. And what's wrong with enjoying paintball? Paintball is great exercise.

Well we all should have our passions. And my boyfriend has always loved motorsports. It's just who he is. And my passions are my antique collecting and my rescue dogs. I don't think that either of us should have to change. His passions are just as valid as mine. I also enjoy watching him race and I also am his service crew. I think it's fun. I don't think his interest in motorsports is immature. And I know many men that are 50+ years old still autocrossing and doing track days in their cars... and beating the pants off of younger competitors.

Otherwise, the only problem I might have with these pastimes is if in doing them, they are shirking their financial or time obligations to their familes if they have children. Or in playing electronic or online games, they get addicted and spend all their free time doing them. But most of the couple conflicts I see are when the women want to marry and have kids, but the men don't want to settle down and devote all their energies to buying a house and having kids. And ladies, if you don't like your man's hobbies, then either get some of your own, or leave him.

I think this is where couples need to find out what their mutual long term life goals are and if they are in COMPLETE agreement before getting into a serious committment. And the women especially shouldn't try to coerce and change their man's mind by just popping out kids on them "by accident" because that's sneaking, manipulative and just not fair to their menfolk.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:18 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,263,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL

We are rasing a generation of males that aren't "Men" were raising little boys.

Not trying to be harsh but that is the fact.

I guess that isn't PC though is it.

One day we might have tanks on our shores, do we want men or little boys.
I agree 100%! My oldest son goes to a private military school and when he got there one of his teachers said" I'll bet this will be different for you...we are very strict here" and Christopher looked at him and said " This will be a cinch...you don't know my mother" I am tough on my kids...I expect alot from them but they always deliver when the bar is raised.

You are right. We are raising self important ,spoiled little boys with no sense of responsibility. It is pitiful...

Old 11-15-2008, 11:20 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,198,196 times
Not everyone wants the house with a white picket fence and a bunch of kids.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:22 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,348,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Speak for yourself bro.......
I never speak for nobody else, HERMANO!

Old 11-15-2008, 11:23 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,764,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Not everyone wants the house with a white picket fence and a bunch of kids.
I'm confused.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:23 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,348,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I get it...my husband has his boats and cars, but he is certainly not going to sit his arse in front of the tv all day playing Tomb Raiders

IMO, the guys that are still doing this stuff are no different than the creepy guys who would spend all weekend playing Dungeons and Dragons in high school

Hey, I am not creepy and I used to love playing D&D with my cousin.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,478,303 times
many women are fond of losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships