Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:37 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
How rude and selfish. She should have told "blind date" that in the first place.
Unless "blind date" was trying to make a date disaster on purpose.
Dates gone wrong = ratings on "Blind Date".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 07:20 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
I don't date Black men but it's simply a matter of preference. I know there are good Black men out there, but they just don't do "it" for me. This line pretty much sums it up: "I might date another race or color - It doesn't mean I don't like my strong, black brothers" Free Your Mind by En Vogue

Old 11-20-2008, 08:03 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
First of all, let me tell you that I am in the same situation as you.

I am Indian and my parents want to find me a good Indian man to marry.

Well guess what? I do not like the idea of marrying a Indian man.

So I am with a Chinese person.

It is your choice!!!

Old 11-21-2008, 07:00 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You could be Hispanic. They are considered white but they are also ethnic. Same goes for Jews and immigrants from other countries that appear pale or white.
"Hispanics" are not considered white. Some Hispanics are white. But we come in all types. I'm definitely black. Some are Native American, Arab, or Asian. Many can't be placed in one racial category.

The term is an ethnic/cultural/national term, not a racial one.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:37 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
I agree with Mr. Cat. I think you should date whomever you choose no matter their skin color, background, etc..
I do see why you feel this way though. If you grew up with a very strong Mother who was always passing her judgements / ideas onto you then I could see how you would go this route and feel this way. Which by the way, shows you are very strong for being able to pull away from those ideas and forming your own opinion and for clearly going against what she would want from you.
Kudos!

Old 11-21-2008, 12:30 PM

11 posts, read 26,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
You are Black correct ?
Yes.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:18 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
what i'd like to know is what the divorce rates are for interracial marriages ? how it compares to non-interracial marriages. never seen a stat like that.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:11 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
It is for the wrong reasons.

If she thought his/her race was very unattractive and had no common interests then yes it is an understandable preference.

Otherwise it is complete bias.
If the reason you do it is to "cleanse," then it does NOT speak to your self-esteem. Growing up in CA, I knew, or knew of, men and women who checked one of the "minority boxes" and all they would ever consider is a caucasian.

You mean, out of all the Mexicans, Filipinos, blacks, and East Indians around and, also a group of which you may be a part, there isn't a SINGLE ONE you find likable and attractive?

One particular case is a Filipino girl who graduated from my college a few years prior. She had to have a white guy...the more Aryan, the better. Then, the years passed, and she didn't relax her age requirement either...he had to be white, ideally 6'0" tall, muscular and less than 32! Get an 'effin clue. She never found him.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:58 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,755 times
Quote:
what i'd like to know is what the divorce rates are for interracial marriages ? how it compares to non-interracial marriages. never seen a stat like that
I bet the divorce rate when it comes to interracial marriages is even higher than it is for same race marriages. After all it's very rare to see old senior citizen couples that are interracial, which leads me to believe that for the overwhelming majority of interracial married couples they are not together till death do them part.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:27 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,310,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
I bet the divorce rate when it comes to interracial marriages is even higher than it is for same race marriages. After all it's very rare to see old senior citizen couples that are interracial, which leads me to believe that for the overwhelming majority of interracial married couples they are not together till death do them part.
Man you really have jungle fever don't you? Instead of asking inane questions oh here, why not go out into the real world and check things out for yourself. Me thinks Black people intimidate and scare the sh*t out of you? Huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships