Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 11:43 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times

Advertisements

Mookster, I would imagine the lower back would be a bit painful. I've heard nothing good about people who have gotten tattooed there; according to them, it was painful. The hip area, while painful at times, actually tickled a bit for me when getting tattooed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

173 posts, read 979,584 times
The whole 'tramp stamp' makes my eyes roll. Like anything, some people where them well, some do not. I've seen some nice ones on folks that carried them very well, and I've seen some that were just HORRIBLE. I don't have any tattoos, but I love to look at them. Especially the ones that have a real meaning for the person, not something picked out of a book randomly one evening when they were bored with extra cash in their pocket. Also I've noticed that often people tend to sneer and call them tramp stamps when they know that they themselves don't have the body to wear one well.

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Crappy looking cheap scroll job tat right above the butt...highlighted by a worn thong clinging to generous rolls of fat that have been squeezed out of the top of tight jeans or sweatpants. (muffin top)

All visible thanks to the too short shirt with various faint fluid stains on the front and back....no, Tide doesn't get some stains ALL the way out.

The ensemble might once have been appealing but for the weight gain after conceiving baby number two in a mustang after $1 jello shot night at the Coyote lounge.

Thank God I already ate my lunch.. I just got the complete visual by reading this atatement and soooo glad that it's NOT me at all!! LOL

Old 11-21-2008, 11:46 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Mookster, I would imagine the lower back would be a bit painful. I've heard nothing good about people who have gotten tattooed there; according to them, it was painful. The hip area, while painful at times, actually tickled a bit for me when getting tattooed.
Mine took four and a half hours... for the most part I was comfortable and my artist took plenty of breaks. There were some areas that were a bit uncomfortable but overall, a good experience and I will definitely get another tattoo. My fiance is also considering one on his upper arm.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:48 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I've heard that same thing about the lower back. And the top of the foot. I played it safe and chose the shoulder area. It only hurt occasionally for the 4 hours it took him to finish. The itching as it healed though... Which is why I haven't added to it yet.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Mine took four and a half hours... for the most part I was comfortable and my artist took plenty of breaks. There were some areas that were a bit uncomfortable but overall, a good experience and I will definitely get another tattoo. My fiance is also considering one on his upper arm.
Mine took a couple of hours with a few small breaks. That's probably why I was able to tolerate it like I did.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:11 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I'm with Lola, I hate that term "tramp stamp". Just because a female has a tattoo across your lower back does not make you a "tramp". <sigh> but, I digress.. I don't know either that if one has a tattoo on their lower back that necessarily makes them freaky.
That's like saying all women who smoke are easier than ones who don't. (that was a local survey done a few years back). No kidding.
Anyhoo, I have a tattoo, it's in the neither regions of my lower back side.. I can assure you it's a tattoo, not a stamp and can also assure you that I'm not a tramp in any way, shape or form. Am I a freak? You'd have to ask my fiance.. LOL
They used to say a man with an ear ring in the right ear means he's gay.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
They used to say a man with an ear ring in the right ear means he's gay.
isn't this still the case?

Old 11-21-2008, 12:15 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Some tattoo artist created that type of design so he could check out the ladies behind while doing the tat. What?

On the right gal it could be extremely hot.

Again, on the right girl. Like 300 pound ladies should not wear spandex.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:19 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,834 times
http://inrepair.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/lizs_tat.jpg (broken link)

HERES A NICE 1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships