Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 08:50 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,126,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRXCOR51 View Post
Thanks Tanker. But why if he wanted the divorce does he need to feel control over my life? Why wouldn't he want to move on w/his and let me go? It's crazy!
Yes, it's crazy. But that's why he wanted the divorce, so he could keep jerking you around and get real control over your life. He probably expected you to beg to stay with him, at which point he would have presented you with the rules by which you got to keep such a prize man in your life and you were suppose to be soooo grateful that he took you back that you'd agree to anythung he wanted. But you didn't, you cut your losses and ran and he's mad. He's a control freak. Get down on your knees and thank the Lord that you no longer have that person in your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 09:58 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,107,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRXCOR51 View Post
I'm so frustrated. Either my soon to be ex is very lazy, doesn't want to deal with it or confused. He asked for a divorce after 5 years of marriage last November. It's been 1 year, we both have our own places, no kids, our assets have been divided (all of this was done last December). We haven't spoken or seen each other in months and he won't respond to the papers he filed back in February. My atty responded to his and now I have to wait until I can get a court date. I had to plan the wedding now the divorce that I didn't want. It's bad enough he wanted out but now he's making me wait to move on with my life, it's so selfish. It's not like we're in our 20's or 30's, we're both 40.

Also, the last few times I spoke with him (months ago) he was so angry and filled with rage. You would think I was the one who wanted out. Why is HE angry and why won't HE sign the papers???
He probably realized the grass isn't greener on the other side!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships