Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 03:24 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times

Advertisements

No, I wouldn't be offended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 04:26 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,653,867 times
Nah, wouldn't be offended at all. I am a clever woman to squeeze the hell out of the finances during the marriage and sock it all away, that when time comes for a divorce, I am very much on top too. Give me the pen, Bud.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:39 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,640,168 times
Even though I most likely would not get married at all, I definitely wouldn't get married without a pre-nup. No girl is entitled to any of my assets. She can work for her own money. Whatever I give her, she should be grateful for, not think she can just take at will. No thanks.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:43 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
I don't think I would marry someone who trusted me so little. Trust is a part of true love. I think the way to protect the children, etc. would be with a will. If it is not until death do us part, it is not a real marriage.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:45 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,145,407 times
i think pre-nups are necessary in today's times

Old 11-21-2008, 08:21 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,189,680 times
If I bought you a brand new car and I said I would feel more comfortable if you had insurance in the event that somthing happens. Would you feel that I did not trust your driving ability also?

(Remove the fact the you need insurance to drive a new car off the lot.......that is if you did not pay cash for it or it's a state requirement)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I don't think I would marry someone who trusted me so little. Trust is a part of true love. I think the way to protect the children, etc. would be with a will. If it is not until death do us part, it is not a real marriage.

Last edited by Ron.; 11-21-2008 at 09:37 PM..

Old 11-21-2008, 08:27 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,176,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
i think pre-nups are necessary in today's times
Exactly

It is not a matter of trust..

Marriage is also, like it or not, a business arrangement as well. When you consider that you are now tied with someone for good and bad, and for financial matters.

It is easy to say that " I would never sign one" or "I would never want one", but, if you were a multi millionaire, or had a lot of assets to protect, large inheritance, etc , you would probably want one.

Almost half of marriages end in divorce, despite your best intentions when you enter into it, and, it is only smart to protect yourself

Old 11-21-2008, 08:29 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,189,680 times
Exactly my point........

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
Exactly

It is not a matter of trust..

Marriage is also, like it or not, a business arrangement as well. When you consider that you are now tied with someone for good and bad, and for financial matters.

It is easy to say that " I would never sign one" or "I would never want one", but, if you were a multi millionaire, or had a lot of assets to protect, large inheritance, etc , you would probably want one.

Almost half of marriages end in divorce, despite your best intentions when you enter into it, and, it is only smart to protect yourself

Old 11-21-2008, 08:35 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,640,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
So if I wanted you to sign a pre-nup, you'd refuse because you say it's not about the money, it's about the trust? Well if that's true, you should sign it, because if it's not about the money and the marriage is going to last forever, there's no harm putting your signature on another piece of paper guaranteeing that now is there?

Old 11-21-2008, 08:42 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Even though I most likely would not get married at all, I definitely wouldn't get married without a pre-nup. No girl is entitled to any of my assets. She can work for her own money. Whatever I give her, she should be grateful for, not think she can just take at will. No thanks.
Something tells me, you are right, you probably won't get married !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships