Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 06:01 PM

752 posts, read 2,085,545 times

Advertisements

So I know you guys are going to ROFL over this one.

Have you ever wanted to get "closure" from an ex? Well I had this speech written down on paper to read to my ex, since he never answers his cell phone and that is all I wanted to do was to get a few things off my chest. I had even practiced it a few times alone...yes, I know weird huh, so when I dial his phone, guess who answers-his new girlfriend! We broke up in March and he's been dating this woman for six months? Is my timing bad r what? So we have a little convo, and I mention casually that I'm his ex girlfriend and we had a lot of problems, including the fact that he "don't treat women very well" and he's "emotionally abusive". I guess I must have left a bad taste in her mouth. She apparently tells him and he calls my family to rat me out, saying I "intimidated (or some word like that) her...Boy do I feel like a fool. I wasn't trying to "intimidate" her. Anyway, it seems there is no "civil" way to break up with an ex. I wish there was, but there is always someone like this who is apparantly whacked out mentally. Why is this bugging me so much? It looks like I am trying to get him back, but I am the one who walked out to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 06:03 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
So I know you guys are going to ROFL over this one.

Have you ever wanted to get "closure" from an ex? Well I had this speech written down on paper to read to my ex, since he never answers his cell phone and that is all I wanted to do was to get a few things off my chest. I had even practiced it a few times alone...yes, I know weird huh, so when I dial his phone, guess who answers-his new girlfriend! We broke up in March and he's been dating this woman for six months? Is my timing bad r what? So we have a little convo, and I mention casually that I'm his ex girlfriend and we had a lot of problems, including the fact that he "don't treat women very well" and he's "emotionally abusive". I guess I must have left a bad taste in her mouth. She apparently tells him and he calls my family to rat me out, saying I "intimidated (or some word like that) her...Boy do I feel like a fool. I wasn't trying to "intimidate" her. Anyway, it seems there is no "civil" way to break up with an ex. I wish there was, but there is always someone like this who is apparantly whacked out mentally. Why is this bugging me so much? It looks like I am trying to get him back, but I am the one who walked out to begin with.
Freud said that there are no "accidents"

Old 11-15-2008, 06:04 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,962,416 times
Mmmm...and that's where I would blurt "Wrong number!" panic, and hang up.

I couldn't have kept composed like that. Probably a bad idea on your part, but I've warned girls that my ex was dating of how much of a cheating bastard he was. And they ended up being good friends...so, time will tell with this one.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:05 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
Ooooh, I guess it goes to show you should not ever call an ex...not worth it! The two of them calling your family was a bit over the top, don't you think? What was that going to solve?

Old 11-15-2008, 06:06 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
When she answered the phone, all you had to do was say,"Sorry. Wrong number." I don`t see where it was necessary for you to go into details about your ex, to her. Thats for her to find out for herself.
You need to leave well enough alone, and go find yourself a nice BF.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:16 PM

752 posts, read 2,085,545 times
I know, foolish move on my part.... As for hanging up, the only problem is cell phones have caller ID and she could find out, maybe...But I guess it was brave that I steered the convo around like that...

Old 11-15-2008, 06:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
for him its over but not for you
having his current GF talk to you is a good way
for him to set boundaries with you
you may have to get closure on your own
i dont think he wants to play anymore.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:19 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,249,400 times
I can understand this thing about closure. I have been guilty of this and it did not end well. Anyway, this should've been between you and your ex, not you and your ex's current gf. I think the current gf was in the right for being upset. You were trying to get your closure from the wrong person.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:30 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
Outside of the fact that you should not have called, esp after such a long time, she probably didn't believe you and thought you were calling to sabotage their relationship. You honestly owe her an apology.

I do understand when you haven't gotten closure it can be difficult to get over the old relationship but there's a time when it's too late. Writing it out was good and often recommended to help you achieve closure but calling to share what you wrote with him... well you already know the answer to that. Good Luck getting over your ex.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:42 PM

820 posts, read 2,867,895 times
I think it was immature for them to call your family. First of all your family have nothing to do with this incident or your relationships. However, his current girlfriend has nothing to do with the relationship you HAD with him neither. So, for you to spill things/emotions/feelings/opinions to her was inappropriate. I don't think you should have been calling him at this juncture anyway, but certainly shouldn't have had the conversation you had. Let it go and move on. That's where the closure will come from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships