Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2008, 07:29 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,384,815 times

Advertisements

Considering I just posted a thread about hating to receive gifts I know this is odd. I had to share because this is the absolute best gift I have ever gotten in my life. My stepdaughter came over last night with an early Christmas present. She just got it in the mail and she was both nervous and excited about giving it to me so I got it early.

As some of you know my husband and I are building our own off grid home. I have been posting our whole story with lots of pictures for months. Nicole gave me the present and I slowly opened the package. It was a book with a nice cover. Then I looked down and saw the author and it was my name. How cool is that? The picture on the front of the book is actually the view outside my front door. I was so nervous about receiving the gift that it didn't even register.

I was amazed and truly touched that she took so much of her time to do this for me. I know for a fact that it took her endless hours to have this book made. There are over 300 pictures alone and that's not the text.

I am so proud of her. She really turned out to be a wonderful young woman.

Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 07:36 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Considering I just posted a thread about hating to receive gifts I know this is odd. I had to share because this is the absolute best gift I have ever gotten in my life. My stepdaughter came over last night with an early Christmas present. She just got it in the mail and she was both nervous and excited about giving it to me so I got it early.

As some of you know my husband and I are building our own off grid home. I have been posting our whole story with lots of pictures for months. Nicole gave me the present and I slowly opened the package. It was a book with a nice cover. Then I looked down and saw the author and it was my name. How cool is that? The picture on the front of the book is actually the view outside my front door. I was so nervous about receiving the gift that it didn't even register.

I was amazed and truly touched that she took so much of her time to do this for me. I know for a fact that it took her endless hours to have this book made. There are over 300 pictures alone and that's not the text.

I am so proud of her. She really turned out to be a wonderful young woman.

Lisa

Lisa, what a cool gift!!! I didn't know you were building a home like this, where can I read about it?

Old 11-26-2008, 07:37 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,640,975 times
That was very sweet of her and thoughtful! It sounds like she really put a lot of time and effort into it. A gift made from love is the best gift ever!

Old 11-26-2008, 07:38 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,331,239 times
God bless us all, everyone!

Old 11-26-2008, 07:41 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,384,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Lisa, what a cool gift!!! I didn't know you were building a home like this, where can I read about it?

//www.city-data.com/forum/tenne...tennessee.html

Old 11-26-2008, 08:44 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,116,068 times
That was a great gift. You have a right to be proud of her and she oviously loves you very much, to give you such a thoughtful and heartfelt gift.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:49 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,957 times
Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest thing ever! You must be just as wonderful as she is for her to put so much thought and effort into a gift for you.

Old 11-26-2008, 03:03 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,726,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
God bless us all, everyone!
hahaha I read it as sarcasm...gave me a good laugh, thanks

Oh and what a cool gift...off to check the thread with pics now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships