Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 09:05 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,063 times

Advertisements

This reminds me of a funny story from my childhood. My brother found orange peels on the coffee table one day. He was about 17. He sat down my two sisters and me, all between ages 6-11. He said we were going to sit there silently until one of us admitted which one left the orange peels on the coffee table. We sat there for about an hour until our dad came into the room, heard what was going on and said, "Oh....sorry.....that was me that left those there."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 09:13 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
This reminds me of a funny story from my childhood. My brother found orange peels on the coffee table one day. He was about 17. He sat down my two sisters and me, all between ages 6-11. He said we were going to sit there silently until one of us admitted which one left the orange peels on the coffee table. We sat there for about an hour until our dad came into the room, heard what was going on and said, "Oh....sorry.....that was me that left those there."
LOL! that is cute.

did you see according to jim last night? I don't watch it normally but my DH was....

they have 3 older kids and twin babies, one who is attached to his blankie. well the dad thought the older kids lost the blankie and was making them cook, clean, and slave and punishment/guilt trip. then the kids found out it was the dad who lost it... of course there was revolt.

You must have had a good older brother, who actually cared about that stuff. My older brother would have been the one leaving the crap in the living room, but it would have probably been a cereal box/bowl.....

Old 12-03-2008, 09:35 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, but it's generally karma for all the stuff I actually did that I got away with.
I used to work at this company and some money was stolen from a manager's office and everyone blamed me because I was unhappy there and looking for another job. I found another job two week later and left - then everyone was convinced it was me. Come to find out, it was this guy at work who I thought was my best friend at the time - he admitted it to me a month after I left. I never spoke to him again and I never told anyone either.

Like Mathguy said, it must have been karma for something bad I did as a kid!

Old 12-03-2008, 09:39 AM

462 posts, read 968,751 times
My best friend & I lived together. She started sneaking around with her cousins boyfriend. He would leave the cousins house, telling her he was going home, then come over & see my friend. They did this for a few months when the cousin started suspecting something & followed him one night. Short story - I let her think he was coming to see me to keep a big family feud from ensuing.... To this day she still cant stand me because of that! (I told my friend she is indebted to me!)

Old 12-03-2008, 09:43 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Once in high school a guy that was in our group of friends got busted by his parents for having beer. They called me accusing me of getting it for him even though he told them I did not get it. Apparently they did not believe us and continued to think it was me...until he got BUSTED the next year for buying beer from an under cover cop!! Hahaha!! They finally believed me and called to apologize.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:37 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Yep. My dad was a temperamental a-hole (Which explains why I have a pretty mild disposition). I was eighteen and had a flawless driving record thus far with no tickets and no wrecks.

I took the car out on a date one night and got home about 10:30 that night. The next morning, my dad calls me at home and starts screaming at me over the phone, talking about how he was going to take away the car from me and blah blah blah blah. I'm trying to figure out what in the hell he's yelling at me about. As it turns out, there was a small dent in the back rear panel of the car, and so he immediately assume that I was the one who had done it, never thinking that there were six of us in the house, all of whom could drive.

So when I told him that I had not done it, he then calls me a liar over the phone, and just starts screaming at me again. At that point, my mother comes into the room, and quickly figures out what is going on, and takes the phone away from me. "Rudy," she said, "I put the dent in the car. I backed into a lightpole at the grocery store," and then handed the phone back to me. He just hung up. I was so mad that I just absented myself from the house for several days. I'm pretty sure my mother and father had a blowup over the incident.

How do you like them apples? A kid who won a scholarship to prestigious college, worked all the time, never talked back, did his chores, never got a traffic ticket, and he gets that kind of treatment? The f*cker never apologized either. He died four years later and none of his children to this day can remember a pleasant memory of the man.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:39 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
I get blamed all the time for stuff I didn't say or do - here on these forums!!!

Old 12-03-2008, 10:40 AM

19,723 posts, read 10,498,348 times
the first words that came to mind, reading the title of this thread were........
duh...... *got sisters?*

Thank you, to everyone, for sharing your memories!

Old 12-03-2008, 10:42 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Happened all the time as a kid, with a sneaky sister. Lets say I hate women.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:42 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Yep. My dad was a temperamental a-hole (Which explains why I have a pretty mild disposition). I was eighteen and had a flawless driving record thus far with no tickets and no wrecks.

I took the car out on a date one night and got home about 10:30 that night. The next morning, my dad calls me at home and starts screaming at me over the phone, talking about how he was going to take away the car from me and blah blah blah blah. I'm trying to figure out what in the hell he's yelling at me about. As it turns out, there was a small dent in the back rear panel of the car, and so he immediately assume that I was the one who had done it, never thinking that there were six of us in the house, all of whom could drive.

So when I told him that I had not done it, he then calls me a liar over the phone, and just starts screaming at me again. At that point, my mother comes into the room, and quickly figures out what is going on, and takes the phone away from me. "Rudy," she said, "I put the dent in the car. I backed into a lightpole at the grocery store," and then handed the phone back to me. He just hung up. I was so mad that I just absented myself from the house for several days. I'm pretty sure my mother and father had a blowup over the incident.

How do you like them apples? A kid who won a scholarship to prestigious college, worked all the time, never talked back, did his chores, never got a traffic ticket, and he gets that kind of treatment? The f*cker never apologized either. He died four years later and none of his children to this day can remember a pleasant memory of the man.
I think we have the sam b*astard of a father!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships