Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 09:49 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,847,166 times

Advertisements

I would like to hear guy's opinions as well as girls' although it's a guy question. I am really curious.

I recently heard from some friend that her husband doesn't think that his wife is the most beautiful in the world, although she has such a good heart. That's why he said he married her. Do guys/girls think that their spouses are the most beautiful people in the world?

I think that my husband is, but I don't know do I share the same opinion with some other ladies for example???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 10:10 PM

786 posts, read 1,177,116 times
I'll assume you're talking about physical attractiveness here and not doing the double-talk routine about other attributes.

No, my wife is not the most beautiful person in the world. Not even the most beautiful in our town. Or even in the neighborhood. But she puts up with my crap, which means she's got a heart of gold and that's why I married her.

Do you really see your husband as a bigger hunk than Tom Brady? What's he got up on ol' Tom? Looks? Money? Fame? Athleticism?

Old 07-24-2007, 10:13 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,847,166 times
Yeah, I am talking about physical attractiveness. No, at the beginning of our marriage, I didn't think so ether. But after seeing all of his internal attributes and values, to me, he really did become a most beautiful person in the world. Externally and internally as well.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:10 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times
Yeah, but you're getting caught up in the old "total package" double-speak there...... Physically you've already stated a definitive 'no' that your husband is not the "most beautiful" or whatever (I hate using "beautiful" to describe a man).....

Anyway, there are times and expressions that my wife has for instance that no one else has and I find that in those particular moments that no one on Earth can hold a candle to her.... On any given day out and about, yeah sorry, Kate Hudson is "more beautiful" than my wife....

Old 07-25-2007, 02:57 AM

270 posts, read 1,160,026 times
i feel that my wife is the most beautiful woman, she is 5'7" 135 blonde hair green eyes and just smokin hot, but that is my opinion But i do find other women attractive like cameron diaz she is very beautiful but she is more like not a real person and my wife is i see women on the street that are beautiful but i do feel like i know her inside and out and my love for her makes her the most beautiful woman in the world.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:25 AM

786 posts, read 1,177,116 times
This kind of reminds me of a lady friend of mine... got all bent out of shape because her husband said she was the most beautiful woman in the world to him. She just couldn't get over the "to him" qualifier. He should have either kept his mouth shut or just told her what she wanted to hear. Is this some kind of a woman thing, that they need to feel like they're the most beautiful thing in the world?

Contrast that with, say, with John Kruk in the NutriSystem ad, "My wife says I'm not as disgusting to her as I used to be." That's the kind of thing men want to hear. Come to think of it, I think I better order me some of that stuff....

Old 07-25-2007, 07:48 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,164,696 times
You know, I kinda of believe in that saying about "beauty is only skin deep".

All those external looks, while nice to have, are just that - on the outside but sometimes you get the chance to get to know the insides of a not so gorgeous hunk (or female) and they end up being the most beautiful. And no matter what, if you're lucky, everybody will be ugly as heck one day. I mean, what's so pretty about a pruny looking wrinkled old hag and that's what probably makes them beautiful at that point.

Another saying - it's all in the eyes of the beholder. :-))

Now... sometimes you get chitt both inside and out! LOLLLLL

Old 07-25-2007, 09:11 AM

141 posts, read 613,480 times
To say anyone is the "most beautiful person in the world" is a bit fantasy-like. Everybody sees beauty differently. If someone tells me I'm the most beautiful, for whatever reason, I'm taking it! I'm not going to compare myself with some "made up" celebrity who has nothing better to do than be...beautiful.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:19 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
You know, I kinda of believe in that saying about "beauty is only skin deep".
"Oh that's just something ugly people say." -Homer Simpson-

I'm kidding but I just think it's funny.... sorry...

Old 07-25-2007, 10:33 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,256,035 times
Hayyyyy good lookin', Whatcha got cookin'? How's about cookin' something up with meeeeeeee? Hank Williams

Sorry, that song was in my head.

Sooner or later, we're all going to lose what little or a lot of beauty that we have anyway so at the end of the day, what are you REALLY looking for in a significant other?

It would be a lie if we denied that we are attracted to beauty but a.) beauty does come in different forms and b.) just b'c I think Daniel Craig is PERFECT in every way, doesn't mean that I can actually snag a guy like that. My husband isn't the most good lookin' guy in the world but it's everything else that he does for me that makes him #1 in my book.

I sure as heck know I'm not the greatest lookin' girl either but he constantly tells me I'm the most beautiful to him (No, he doesn't say the "to him" qualifier to me - I added that!). I feel very lucky to have a guy like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships