Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 12:09 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Oh boy...another sniper will be on the loose...do you have a white box truck to throw everyone off??
OMG. I was living in Alexandria when all that nonsense was going on. I remember ducking down behind my car door at a gas station and eyeing every white box truck with suspicion (even though the vehicle turned out to be a Caprice)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Yes, my dad taught us to shoot when we turned 6 and he has always said that, I was just surprised to hear it from law enforcement!
I don't own a gun but certainly wouldn't object to having one in the house. My last boyfriend was supposed to take me to the range and teach me to shoot but we broke up before that took place I still want to learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 06:33 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,755 times
If somebody ever started stalking me I would just make a phone call to my uncle Bruno who works in waste management and my problem would go away.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:12 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
I am not sure if this is a stalker or not but, I was on worker's comp for a little while. They were having a man watch me. I got his license plate number. Then I called the police and said he exposed himself to me. It was his word against mine but, they had to do a formal report. When I settled my comp case they told me they could not pay anyone to spy on me.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:19 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Well, the young lady I knew walked up to me and put a shot-gun to my head. That was enough to get me to leave her alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
This post is inspired by Paula Abdul's situation, but I'm sure this happens to lots of us.

So the question is: "besides" restraining order (you "know" how that doesn't really work), how would you get rid of your stalker?

Last edited by Ron.; 12-20-2008 at 07:39 PM..

Old 12-20-2008, 08:03 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
The reason some people acquire stalkers is because the person sends mixed signals. This is another instance where clear communication and consistent behavior can resolve an issue. If you acquire a stalker, have you said or done anything to encourage them? Politely explaining that you do not want this person in your life might help.

On the other hand, with the disturbed mind, there's isn't much anyone who is not a mental health professional can do.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:16 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,034,103 times
I had a borderline stalker who kept driving by my house, sending me unsolicited e-mails DEMANDING that I respond (I never did). She belonged to my church and would vacillate. She'd pursue me diligently, then I wouldn't hear anything from her. I laughed it off most of the time.

Finally, when she started sending me e-mails DEMANDING responses I told her in no uncertain terms to get lost. She hasn't bothered me since.

I suppose it's a little different for a man than a woman although I know women can go crackers, too. Fortunately, this stupid cow has left me alone.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:38 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,469,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
This post is inspired by Paula Abdul's situation, but I'm sure this happens to lots of us.

So the question is: "besides" restraining order (you "know" how that doesn't really work), how would you get rid of your stalker?
I had a stalker once. He would wait for me after work and drive by real slowly and screech off. He assaulted me once in my school parking lot by getting out of his car, grabbing me and throwing me to the ground - he didn't say a word. He'd drive by my house so many times day after day I couldn't count them. He tried breaking into my house (my cousin happened to be there and chased him off). I didn't even know what stalking was at the time - I just knew that he was obsessed. I didn't send any mixed signals - he just had rejection issues. I got myself a big, BIG 6'5, 300 lb. mean looking boyfriend. That worked for me.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:43 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Several friends, a Louisville Slugger, and an invitation to discuss the problems in a back alley.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:26 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times
omg, my uncle just told me a story about a women he met years ago.

He was at a bar, and he met a lady and ended up giving her his phone number.

She proceeded to call it immediately, like all night (apparently I was babysitting his four boys but I don't remember this). When my older brother came home (he lived with my uncle, dad and all these kids), I left. The lady apparently continued to call.

When my uncle came home, she called again and asked where he'd been. He was like what the hell, I just met you in a bar tonight, I was out obviously, and who the hell calls someone they just met in a bar three hours ago???

Well then next day, he was out somewhere, and arrives back home to find this woman in the kitchen. my brother had let her in and hang around till my uncle came home, thinking she was his friend. (my brother was grown w/his own kid at the time)

Anyway, my uncle was like, wtf! How the hell did you know where I live?! She admitted to calling the police department, said she was a visiting nurse, and lost the address and they gave it to her. So he tells her to get out and she implies that she's had too much to drink to leave, she might get into an accident ( guess my bro gave her a few beers while she was waiting) so my uncle says hes putting on the coffee, she's having some, then she's getting the hell out.

so at some point she goes into the bathroom w/her tiny purse, and comes out w/some skin tight dress on, and is coming on to my uncle. Now he really throws her out, tells her to never come back and leave him alone.

A couple days later, she calls him again, and wants to go out etc... he tells her no, she freaked him out and forget it.

then she asks if she can still take the "boys" out this weekend!!!!!!!!!:eek :

Remember, my uncle has 4 boys, 2, 4, 6, and 9 years old. He was FREAKED out at this point. He was like what the hell are you talking about!! she said that the night I was babysitting and she kept calling once she got his oldest on the phone and was chatting it up w/him and promised to take him somewhere.

He basically told her that if he ever saw her again, near his house or any of his kids, that he was going to kill her and her body would never be found. (and he used to work for Smith & Wesson, lol!!!)

She never came back and he said he was so worried he kept her phone number for months in case anything happened to any of his boys. And he never gave out his phone number in a bar again.............

freaky $hit if you ask me. It's not always men.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:17 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
You're right, Mo2. Women are just as territorial and freakish as men. I had totally forgot this woman that I "dated." Yeah, one of those no-strings things, right? Wrong.

At the time, she told me she had a boyfriend, so we were just having fun. Those were her words, not mine. So we had a really great weekend together. At the end of that time, we're both cool with going our separate ways, blah blah blah.

Well, a week later, she calls and wants to know why I haven't called her. To which I said, "Well, I thought this wasn't about a relationship." Yes, I was twenty-three at the time and pretty naive about all this. I was also guilty about her cheating on her boyfriend with me, but she also said, "Well, he's kind of my boyfriend, but we still haven't solidified things." Yes, I should have gotten a clue, but it had been a while, if you get me drift.

Well, I started getting hangups at 2 a.m. And then she'd start driving around my apartment building. Then she remembered the book store where my sister worked and got a job there, just so she could ask my sister why I was toying with her affections. So then, my sister calls me and wants to know what the deal is with Gayle. I tell her, and my sister wants to know who this Gayle person is who is talking about me incessantly at work, including stuff that no sister should know about her brother. Finally, my sister had Gayle fired.

It took about six months to get rid of her. Even then, when I got engaged, she found out through the grapevine and called me to harass me.

The funny thing is that, during our torrid weekend, I was thinking what a shame it was that she had a boyfriend. Because I would have loved to have seen a lot more of her--and I don't just mean in the sack, either. But once she got strange on me, I lost interest in a hurry.

So guys, just remember. There are always strings.

Last edited by cpg35223; 12-21-2008 at 03:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships