Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 05:07 AM

8 posts, read 7,652 times

Advertisements

Dam! he used a little girl to make you jealous.That mean he do not respect you as a grown ass woman.Don't cry say bye! kick him to the curve!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 05:10 AM

8 posts, read 7,652 times
Default kick him to the curve!!

Dam! he used a little girl to make you jealous.That mean he do not respect you as a grown ass woman.Don't cry say bye! kick him to the curve!!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:00 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Nope, when we talk to people and interact with them, it is just that. Interaction. They are involved...
Well now you are being nitpicking and avoiding my point. The term "evaluation" implies that afterwards, you and your s/o discuss these "evaluated" people, critique them and give them some sort of grade or ranking. Just like those that look at women and grade their beauty on a scale of 1 to 10. It's a very high school attitude and it seems to me that when someone is critiquing everyone they meet, they are very insecure about themselves and have a need to put other people down in order to feel better about themselves. Or in the case of those with their beauty scales, it's a way of making them feel in charge. So maybe those women will turn them down for a date, but these guys can still have some sort of control and give them a grade on their looks.

So after you and your s/o "evaluate" the people you've interacted with, what exactly do you feel or say about them? Please give an honest detailed example of one of your "evaluations".

Old 12-18-2008, 09:59 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,375,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajknow% View Post
Go ahead... one more time for the road!!

Old 12-18-2008, 10:10 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Quote:
You mean .......... curb???

Old 12-18-2008, 10:38 AM

Old 12-18-2008, 10:45 AM

Default Who is lighthearted grin?

* Total Posts: 20
* Posts Per Day: 0.18
* This member's posts were read 3,670 times.
How many times lighthearted grin's posts are read daily
* Find all posts by lighthearted grin
* Find all threads started by lighthearted grin

Visitor Messages (Public)

* Total Messages: 0
* Most Recent Message: Never
* Visitor Messages for lighthearted grin
* Post a publicly visible visitor message for lighthearted grin

General Information

* Last Activity: Today 12:38 AM

Top Forums

* Relationships: 12
* Idaho: 3
* Illinois: 2
* Minnesota: 1
* Other Topics: 1

Friends
lighthearted grin's friends list is private
Befriend lighthearted grin
Contact Info
Send a Message to lighthearted grin

* Post a publicly visible visitor message for lighthearted grin
* Send a direct message to lighthearted grin
* Send a message via email to lighthearted grin

Mini Statistics

Total Posts
Profile visits
Blog Entries

Show All Statistics
Friends
lighthearted grin's friends list is private
Befriend lighthearted grin

I wonder this because this cd member seems to know so much about me. Says he/she has read all of my threads. Join date is near the end of August.

Is this a person with more than one account and posting under different screen names for different purposes?

If this poster just got here in August, how in the world wold they know of my thread that began in July of 2007? How would they know of all of the threads which followed the first one?

My posting ended in what looks like July. I thought it ended in June, I guess I was mistaken.

At any rate, August 26, 2008 is well after the first thread. Well after any of the following threads.

What gives, new poster?

Old 12-18-2008, 11:05 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,720,359 times
Quote:
LMAO!!!

I think she talked to him about it and everything is good............for now.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

So after you and your s/o "evaluate" the people you've interacted with, what exactly do you feel or say about them? Please give an honest detailed example of one of your "evaluations".
Hi Miu. I will try and do this one for you. I think the first eval was on a young lady I will call S.

This was several months ago. We sat down at our normal table, yes, we are regulars. Coffee-a-holics. Our normal time to go is in between 9 pm and 3 am. Sometimes we end up there in the day.

The first time we encountered S was on a day time shift. She was new and learning under a different employee. We watched how the two employees interacted with one another and the customers. We watched the teaching style of the senior employee and the watchful eyes of the manager. We watched how the cook interacted with the new person as opposed to the senior employee.

We noticed how the manager treats everyone like he is so much better than they are, and that everything he does is right while nothing they do could even compete.

She is our waitress on this day. S asked us how we were and what she could get for us. We started out with coffee. Plenty of cream, plenty of splenda and keep it coming.

So, S, how long have you worked here? This is my second day. She looks young. Her hair is fairly short. We watch her go about her newly learned routine.

We see her trying to remember the different ways you are supposed to call the order. The manager standing next to the cook. He tells the cook that he is doing something wrong and gets all huffy, tells S that she called the order incorrectly.

S comes back to our table to see if we want any food to go with our coffee. Yes, we do. We order. I ask her how old she is. I suppose this is where you could say that we are so called 'judging' her. I think she is about 16 and he thinks she is 19.

She is 17. Her birthday was this past Monday and I made her a pair of earrings. We were invited to her party but it was at a bar. We do not drink, we do not go to bars, we did not go.

I just came forward about three months. Sorry.

On our next visit for coffee and S being our waitress we learn that she is a HS student in the 11th grade. We also learn that she has a 4mo old son.

Not long after that, a few days or so, we learn that she and the babys father have broken up, but that he is still involved.

When we walk in, she comes and sits down with us and talks for a while. Many other of the staff do as well.

We meet all different personalities, all kinds of people all wrapped up in this one little place. The dynamics are something else to watch.

We do not judge. We can, however sit there and know what will happen next.

S came to us one night upset. Her brother has cancer, he is in the hospital. Another time problems with her father and sister.

She talked to us after the fact about quitting school. We had been gone to New York for a month and had not been in to see any of the crew.

She tells us she quit school. The teacher doesn't like her. It doesn't matter anyway.

We look at one another, thinking the same thing. Wishing she had not done it. Knowing how important an education is to ones future. Wondering what we could do. Wondering if there was anything we could have done to help her had we been there that past month.

We are friendly with everyone there. We are not there to judge. We do read people. We are most always right.

A couple of nights ago we were in there and the sherrif came in in his street clothes. There was another officer there as well. S was there. Another girl S2 was there, she was not working that night, just eating. V was there. J was there. There were a few people on the other side of the place eating and there was a man at the bar area where you can sit at the counter.

Finances, age, relationships, a little of everything in play in our conversation.

Everyone talking with one another except for the couple on the other end.

We watch the dynamics of people, their interactions, and the outcomes of the interactions with one another.

It is almost amazing the way the human mind plays out, the way things unfold. The way you can be sitting there knowing what will happen next because of what has happened last.

We don't go out and party. Just not like that. We do, however, like to know how the world works. I don't care what town we are in, there is a Waffle House.

Do you know that almost the same thing is happening in every single one? Just different people. Amazing.

Now, I suppose we could pick the grocery store. WalMart. Whatever. But really, we meet these people and we interact with them ourselves. We never know which people will be working on what night, unless there is a reason we need to talk to someone and find out.

We know just about everyone who works there, no matter the shift. Different shifts work out different ways. The interactions move in different ways, paces, according to the shift.

Add which ever crew is working to that. Take just one person away and the whole dynamic changes.

Yep, that is what we do for fun. We analyze life. No partying. No drinking. Don't hang at the mall. None of that.

Sometimes he notices something that I don't, maybe the other way around.

Sometimes we wonder what would happen if this or that.

We ask questions. How do you find out the answer if not through research?

That is what I do, for the most part in the day. I research. I read. I learn.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:55 PM

438 posts, read 269,699 times
Robyn, a little food for thought, if you so choose:

Quote:
seems as though you have a grudge.
No, what I have is a sense of fair play.

Quote:
Who is lighthearted grin?
Looks like you did your research.

Quote:
We watch the dynamics of people, their interactions, and the outcomes of the interactions with one another.
Quote:
We ask questions. How do you find out the answer if not through research?
How about conversation? How about time spent together? How about laughing together? How about shared experiences? How about empathy? How about kindness? You know, I believe this is the difference between you and all those people who went above and beyond to help. To them, you were a fellow human being in need. To you and D, however, we are research subjects. That's a fundamental difference in outlook.

The people who were there for you have without a doubt been there for many others, and will continue to be. All things considered, they are blessed - for they know how to love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships