Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 12:35 PM

272 posts, read 621,859 times

Advertisements

Two things:

1. I look at myself everyday in the mirror. I see someone whose heart and mind is in the right place in a world that's obsessed with assuming my identity, strength, value, intelligence, etc.

Being someone who has no siblings, I was afforded the priceless experience of dong a lot of introspective thinking about my life, values, etc. I am not God -- I am simply an individual who refuses to think in small terms.

2. A very kind, giving and attractive woman responded to this on Craigslist. She appreciated that I was honest and was willing to "put myself out there" to attract what I know exists here on Earth. So, apparently, being honest and to the point works for me. I've given plenty of women the benefit of doubt. I've spent countless moments being depressed about my failures in love. I've given everything to realize a dream I've maintained since my childhood: To be an amazing, loving, kind and wonderful man who will help raise and advance equally amazing children with a woman who shares my values, integrity and more.

Don't tell me about 'waking up', because my eyes have been open since birth and I refuse to live an average life that follows flawed principles and ideals which only inhibit our potential as human beings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 02:03 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,578,800 times
I see a man who was bitter for reasons he felt were justified, right or wrong. Nothing he said is beyond the realm of possibility as there are women out there just like he described. But I also see a man who recognizes that it was excessive and is open to and hopeful for something good again. That is a good thing. There are too many men and women out there making others miserable because they can't or won't get past that kind of thing.

It is not a lot to ask to be with someone with all the qualities he is seeking. Sadly, we live in a world where people settle, where we are expected to be content with what life throws our way and be grateful for what others deem us worthy of. No one should accept anything less than what they feel is right for them.

I added this after reading some posts I missed. There are going to be a lot of "I want" and "I prefer" and "I" in general when ANYONE is describing themselves and what they want in a partner. No rocket science there. And why would he give the next "half-decent" girl/friend a chance if that is not what he wants - or because he'd have nothing to lose? Again, he'd be settling. That would benefit the half-decent girl/friend more than anyone. While she may be deserving, it is not his job to provide charity or put her needs over his own when looking for a significant other. And there is plenty to lose when it doesn't work out - someone always get hurt.

If the guy doesn't want to date someone with kids, why should he? Because the masses think it is "shallow"? It is no different than choosing blonde over brunette, Caucasian over Hispanic, white collar over blue. Maybe kids are not in his plan right now. As a mother I see nothing wrong with it. And as a mother, I would prefer to be with someone who is ready to take on my child because to be with me is to be a part of my son's life. I can assure you the masses are not going to be here to pick up the pieces when loverboy realizes he wasn't cut out for it but did it anyway because other people thought he should.

Ronald, I wish you all the very best in your search.

Last edited by PassTheChocolate; 12-26-2008 at 02:24 AM..

Old 12-26-2008, 05:58 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,615,918 times
Double post

Old 12-26-2008, 05:59 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,615,918 times
You can blame your first failed relationship on the other person but, after that, you have to start blaming yourself. If you've had failed relationship after failed relationship, you need look no further than the mirror.

There's probably a reason you attract women like the ones you complain about. Like it or not, we tend to attract people on our level.

Fix you and you'll fix your relationship issues. From your post, I gather you think you're better than everyone else (not surprising you complain about women thinking they're princesses ). If you think you're all that, you're going to attract women who think they're all that. It's no surprise you're struggling. Fortunately, it sounds like you're successful enough to find a good relationship counselor and fix things.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:11 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,612,442 times
I think you're commanding yourself to be single for a long long time! And adding your picture kind of turns this into a personal ad doesn't it?

Old 12-26-2008, 06:22 AM

283 posts, read 761,477 times
well this is creepy! and even if this was posted on a dating site, i would still find it to be super creepy. i'll back away slow....

Old 12-26-2008, 06:28 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,666,644 times
Welp! - that was just like reading the singles ad of a false Prophet.

Old 12-26-2008, 02:29 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,320,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
It is not a lot to ask to be with someone with all the qualities he is seeking. Sadly, we live in a world where people settle, where we are expected to be content with what life throws our way and be grateful for what others deem us worthy of. No one should accept anything less than what they feel is right for them.

Ronald, I wish you all the very best in your search.
In total agreement.

Old 12-26-2008, 02:39 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,320,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl79 View Post
Two things:

1. I look at myself everyday in the mirror. I see someone whose heart and mind is in the right place in a world that's obsessed with assuming my identity, strength, value, intelligence, etc.

Being someone who has no siblings, I was afforded the priceless experience of dong a lot of introspective thinking about my life, values, etc. I am not God -- I am simply an individual who refuses to think in small terms.

2. A very kind, giving and attractive woman responded to this on Craigslist. She appreciated that I was honest and was willing to "put myself out there" to attract what I know exists here on Earth. So, apparently, being honest and to the point works for me. I've given plenty of women the benefit of doubt. I've spent countless moments being depressed about my failures in love. I've given everything to realize a dream I've maintained since my childhood: To be an amazing, loving, kind and wonderful man who will help raise and advance equally amazing children with a woman who shares my values, integrity and more.

Don't tell me about 'waking up', because my eyes have been open since birth and I refuse to live an average life that follows flawed principles and ideals which only inhibit our potential as human beings.
She's out there somewhere. Stick to your guns and don't settle for nothing less. This very forum is a good barometer of people who have settled for less...you just have to read the posts to realise this.

Last edited by Raggy dee Ann; 12-26-2008 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: changed a word.

Old 12-26-2008, 02:51 PM

7 posts, read 19,457 times
Maybe your past relationships just weren't meant to be. What is wrong with a subpar woman believing she is the greatest thing alive? Maybe you have some issues...you have a really suspicious look on your face in the pic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships