Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 02:17 PM

44 posts, read 210,606 times

Advertisements

I have liked this girl I have worked with for over a year. I know she liked me as well. I know this because she would have not given me her number and asked me during work "where would I take her out on a date" when I asked her out immediately when I found out that she was finally single. The problem is that I found out that the girl I liked so much recently broke up with her BF, because her BF found out she was sleeping with a playboy hot guy type that I know from work.

I was excited to hear she was finally single in a way, but in some ways it was bittersweet. She told me she was hooking up with this guy for the past 6 months behind her bf's back. I asked questions and she has been open with me by telling me she was going to break up with him eventually, but was going to avoid telling him about the affair.

I really like her and in more ways I could care less if she is going to continue to see this other guy. However, something is telling me that this is not the right thing to do. Mod cut: Not PG-13. However I think she wants more from me, kind of thinking she had put me in the provider type.

What would you call a women who sleeps behind her bf's back without telling them and had every single intention to dump him. Mod cut: Gender bashing. It is just more of the ethics (i still feel pretty bad about her bf). Can I just get what I want from her without being in a committed relationship. She obviously knows the guys she is hooking up with is not relationship material. Or ethically maybe I should just get over her, since she has made a point to her other people.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-24-2012 at 08:16 PM..

Old 06-21-2012, 02:22 PM

71 posts, read 255,197 times
"What would you call a women who sleeps behind her bf's back without telling them and had every single intention to dump him."

A cheater.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:24 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipGrant View Post
I have liked this girl I have worked with for over a year. I know she liked me as well. I know this because she would have not given me her number and asked me during work "where would I take her out on a date" when I asked her out immediately when I found out that she was finally single. The problem is that I found out that the girl I liked so much recently broke up with her BF, because her BF found out she was sleeping with a playboy hot guy type that I know from work.

I was excited to hear she was finally single in a way, but in some ways it was bittersweet. She told me she was hooking up with this guy for the past 6 months behind her bf's back. I asked questions and she has been open with me by telling me she was going to break up with him eventually, but was going to avoid telling him about the affair.

I really like her and in more ways I could care less if she is going to continue to see this other guy. However, something is telling me that this is not the right thing to do. Mod cut: Orphaned.

What would you call a women who sleeps behind her bf's back without telling them and had every single intention to dump him. Mod cut: Orphaned. It is just more of the ethics (i still feel pretty bad about her bf). Can I just get what I want from her without being in a committed relationship. She obviously knows the guys she is hooking up with is not relationship material. Or ethically maybe I should just get over her, since she has made a point to her other people.
Well it sounds like neither of you are looking for a committed relationship. You want what you want and she recently came out out of a relationship to boot. Just be upfront about it and tell her you expect the same.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-24-2012 at 08:18 PM..

Old 06-21-2012, 02:25 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,984,459 times
I'd call her unfaithful and not someone you should want to be with.

But I guess that isn't the issue since Mod cut: Orphaned.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-24-2012 at 08:19 PM..

Old 06-21-2012, 02:27 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipGrant View Post
What would you call a women who sleeps behind her bf's back
I'd call her a */#$&!

Old 06-21-2012, 02:27 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I'd call her unfaithful and not someone you should want to be with.

Mod cut: Orphaned.
Yeah, what's the dilemma? If you're honest about you want, why not?

Sounds like you two are perfect for each other ... for one night.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-24-2012 at 08:19 PM..

Old 06-21-2012, 02:29 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,984,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Yeah, what's the dilemma? If you're honest about you want, why not?

Sounds like you two are perfect for each other ... for one night.
No dilemma at all. But he mentions he really likes her. Then says the one night is fine. Which one is it??

And to the OP, why care what kind of woman she is if you just want to hook-up?

Old 06-21-2012, 02:41 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,195,269 times
There are a number of non PG terms for that.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:44 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,425,820 times
I'd call you a fool for thinking you have a future with this woman

Old 06-21-2012, 02:51 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Sounds like you're perfect for each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships