Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 09:22 PM

525 posts, read 948,894 times

Advertisements

I BARE IT ALL!!
Oh hark ye bretheren, in need o so I am and hereby beseech and yet do not find in "all the universe" an 'extraordinary' feme!! Forged from steel is my brow, chisled from the hardest stone is my honor! Doth she exist!!?? oh how I've plundered the recesses of my mind... and only her vision doth be...her person is fair as the dove's breast, her mind keen, her hand steady, and her heart mine!!! I've searched the internet... and I'm baring it All!!
Oh wretched am I who seek the quintessential.. yet finds the mundane.. seek the paragon of decency.. yet finds the crass
seek the immortal who by her bosom falls the light of day-- and I-- (GOD) have no one! Ohhh I post!! May the infinite heaven's scour the corners of all existence and have mercy upon my hardened virility by granting upon me in my deepest humility and righteousness her idealness!!

I bow in deep reverence to all at cd data for help!

ps. did i harken yet to all in all places of my unblemished reputation and mighty skills of persuasion and wit? Have i bestowed upon thee the
the depth of my uniqueness? Have I blabbed on and on enough about how upstanding I am and don't believe there are others smarter and more enlightened than I!!??

do you get it yet Ron?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 11:08 PM

33 posts, read 83,826 times
you are really sexy. good luck in the hunt. its a jungle out there.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:34 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,570,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl79 View Post
Oh, boy ....

Let's understand something here: I don't live for finding love. I live for learning, growing, prospering and succeeding. The Internet, like any resource, should be used to one's advantage. I do not rely on the Internet for the sole purpose of finding love. I meet women all the time without the aid of a computer.

Now, with that out of the way, I hope we're on the same page about this finding love and using the Internet. Hell, I don't even date, let alone go out of my way to approach women on a frequent basis.

Your argument is indeed nonsense. You do know that a relationship requires the participation and dedication of two people, right? One cannot manage a relationship alone. It requires two people. Let me guess -- You probably think that a man should shoulder the burden of dating, right?

Well, let's see. I've only seriously been with three women in all of my 29 years here on Earth. In each relationship, I more than carried my own weight and then some. I have always treated each woman with kindness, respect, etc. I have always made the best effort to be understanding, attentive, loving, compromising, etc.

And what's this garbage about posting on a BB. You're here, aren't you? If you're so busy with a great love life, why is there time to even bash me with your attitude? Shouldn't you be in the arms of your lover, watching a great movie and enjoying a nice meal together? Or, taking a nice walk on the town and taking in the lovely sights and sounds of the night?

And what happened to your marriage? 20 years is a long time to be together. I can't imagine being with anyone for so long only to divorce. I'll bet that you actually asked for a divorce because you probably weren't happy in the marriage for reasons you've rationalized in your mind. Typical of women such as yourself with such attitude who's hell bent on always busting the balls of decent men who know what they actually want out of life.

Oh, and you're not at all unique with being bright and such. I *know* I have dozens of redeeming qualities that a wonderful and decent woman would appreciate. I have women your age telling me this all the time and they know a lot more about who I am than you do.

If more women approached men, I'm sure I'd know where some of these decent women are. Imagine the daunting task of scheduling dozens of dates each month just to try and meet one decent woman. For you, it's easy to meet plenty of men, because all you have to do is show up.

By the way, I always take a long hard look at myself in the mirror. I am very critical of myself, which is why I always keep myself in check. I know who I am, what I am and what I want out of life. I know I've done the right thing by people, which is why my life is overflowing in abundance with extraordinary people who I love very much.

You know, my ex and I actually tried counseling a few times. She didn't bother to mention the origin of the problem in our relationship: Her cheating, lying, etc.

What were you saying about attracting like people again? I've never cheated on a woman before. I've never lied to her about another woman. I've never used a woman for personal gain before. The fact of the matter is that many women are GOOD at manipulating men when they're naive and unassuming. Most men have deal with this type of woman before only because of how we've been raised to think about dating and women.

I'm not telling anyone about my success. Where am I boasting about all of my achievements in life? Point it out to me and I'll be happy to stand corrected.

Also, I never stated that women are attracted to me for what I have. Where did you get that from? Let me repeat what I've always desired in a woman since I was a little boy: A woman who thought of more than just herself. A woman who has a heart to love herself and others. A woman who wants to do great things to help others. A woman who isn't afraid of commitment and being loved by a man with an equally big heart.

Given the state of our society and how out of touch we've become with our values, can you honestly say that there's a large number of people who embody the above? Yes, they ARE out there, but NOT in large numbers. That's the challenge. I cannot tell you how many women have told me in simple conversation about their fear of commitment, etc. On the outset, these women are very nice, but they have some unresolved things to address so that they can one day become a loving woman instead of discarding men like tissue.

No need to, really. As I mentioned earlier, I meet women all the time -- Just not for the purpose of dating. Also, I never talk about my success to anyone. I normally ask the questions and listen. I don't talk a lot about myself, and if I do, it's about how I see the world, my interests, family, friends, etc.

What's the first question that comes from the average woman's mouth when she's attempting to qualify a man? "Soo.....what do you do?" This seems to be a question that's almost impossible to avoid.

Oh, and you prove a great point: You don't want men to think highly of themselves, but you do want them to think highly of you. I am NOT "All of that". I'm a very modest and humble guy, but I also know my self-worth, value, etc.

LOL! You're hilarious! I love it!

I want a woman who desires to make a difference in the world. A woman I could possibly raise a wonderful family with that will grow up to raise wonderful families of their own. A woman who believes in shared sacrifice in a relationship. A woman who can be my partner and I hers. I don't want a woman to look up to me -- I want her to stand next to me while we conquer our dreams and goals together. That's what I've always wanted. Always.

I've never been delusional about this woman. Ever. I want to meet someone in the future that will keep me on my toes, challenge me to think about things I never thought of, introduce me to new experiences, see the world, do great things for the less fortunate together, etc. What I desire in a woman isn't asking much. I embody all of these things and more and I refuse to feel bad about desiring the same in a mate.
Go read your first post...I want...I want...I want......WAH...WAH...WAH....Life is so unfair to me....the great one...Man that's annoying. Did you ever think about what she might want??? Does that even factor into your equation? What does she get besides the honor of being in the presence of one so great??? If I met you in my single days, I would have just rolled my eyes and walked away. (Statistically speaking you probably would have done the same. I would have found your narcissism annoying and you would have found my lack of admiring your greatness annoying )

Try a few dozen visits with a relationship counselor. Sorry dear, but if you're "all that" you wouldn't be here asking for our help. Something's wrong with the package YOU are selling if, potential, buyers don't live up to your expectations....but you won't get that. You can't see past the image you've built of yourself in your own imagination.

Sorry, no one here can help you. You need to take a really long hard look in the mirror with the rose colored glasses off. As I said, when you can, finally, see what the extraordinary women who are avoiding you see, you'll be one step closer to fixing it but, me thinks, you'll end up settling for a more typical woman because you're probably not as extraordinary as you think you are. Narcissism is not pretty. You're too hung up on yourself to find anyone else. There's no room in there for her if you did find her.

Read your own posts. You've put all these expectations on this woman about how she serves your purposes and you haven't even met her. You've got a laundry list of all she has to be to be honored by your presence. Good grief. Get over yourself. If you do, you might have a chance at a relationship but I, guarantee, she won't be everything you want because you aren't everything you believe yourself to be.

Sorry, I've met your kind before and it always ends the same. Honestly, if you were half of what you say you are, you wouldn't be posting about your dismal love life. There's a problem here. Find a good counselor, identify it and fix it. Then try dating again.

Seriously. Find a good relationship counselor and tell him your woes. Find out what he has to say about your situation. Why you, repeatedly, attract the wrong kind of woman. As I said, if potential buyers aren't living up to your expectations, it's time to take a hard look at what needs to be repaired on the property that is up for sale. People without issues don't have trouble in their love lives. It's people who don't realize they have issues who do.

In short, for some reason the type of woman you want is not attracted to you. You can whine about it or you can figure out why and fix it. Me thinks you'll choose to whine about it. You're too convinced you're "All that".

Good luck.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 12-28-2008 at 06:54 AM..

Old 12-28-2008, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanACM View Post
I BARE IT ALL!!
Oh hark ye bretheren, in need o so I am and hereby beseech and yet do not find in "all the universe" an 'extraordinary' feme!! Forged from steel is my brow, chisled from the hardest stone is my honor! Doth she exist!!?? oh how I've plundered the recesses of my mind... and only her vision doth be...her person is fair as the dove's breast, her mind keen, her hand steady, and her heart mine!!! I've searched the internet... and I'm baring it All!!
Oh wretched am I who seek the quintessential.. yet finds the mundane.. seek the paragon of decency.. yet finds the crass
seek the immortal who by her bosom falls the light of day-- and I-- (GOD) have no one! Ohhh I post!! May the infinite heaven's scour the corners of all existence and have mercy upon my hardened virility by granting upon me in my deepest humility and righteousness her idealness!!

I bow in deep reverence to all at cd data for help!

ps. did i harken yet to all in all places of my unblemished reputation and mighty skills of persuasion and wit? Have i bestowed upon thee the
the depth of my uniqueness? Have I blabbed on and on enough about how upstanding I am and don't believe there are others smarter and more enlightened than I!!??

do you get it yet Ron?
This one I had to rep. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:29 PM

272 posts, read 621,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Go read your first post...I want...I want...I want......WAH...WAH...WAH....Life is so unfair to me....the great one...Man that's annoying. Did you ever think about what she might want??? Does that even factor into your equation? What does she get besides the honor of being in the presence of one so great??? If I met you in my single days, I would have just rolled my eyes and walked away. (Statistically speaking you probably would have done the same. I would have found your narcissism annoying and you would have found my lack of admiring your greatness annoying )
I know what's in my first post. It made references to the past -- Not the future. I'm not ashamed to admit that I once harbored a lot of anger and bitterness toward women who I believed were spoiled, entitled and lacking of selfnessness. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've been an ******* toward a few undeserving women because of this. What I mentioned was partly a way of making amends with the female gender and showing them that men who have been bruised through their innocence and kindness do eventually change for the better with regard to their attitudes toward women. That's what the post is all about.

Also, I care greatly about what women want, but I also believe it's important to put out into the world what you desire, what your values are, etc. It's the reason why I often meet women as friends, because I want the opportunity to genuinely and intimately learn about who they are over time.

Quote:
Try a few dozen visits with a relationship counselor. Sorry dear, but if you're "all that" you wouldn't be here asking for our help. Something's wrong with the package YOU are selling if, potential, buyers don't live up to your expectations....but you won't get that. You can't see past the image you've built of yourself in your own imagination.
Oh, brother. Goodness. Why are you still insinuating that I came here to ask for help? I didn't start this thread to ask for help. Why don't you understand about that?

Nothing's wrong with me, but I think there's something drastically wrong with your interpretation of this thread and who I am. You don't have a clue.

Quote:
Sorry, no one here can help you. You need to take a really long hard look in the mirror with the rose colored glasses off. As I said, when you can, finally, see what the extraordinary women who are avoiding you see, you'll be one step closer to fixing it but, me thinks, you'll end up settling for a more typical woman because you're probably not as extraordinary as you think you are. Narcissism is not pretty. You're too hung up on yourself to find anyone else. There's no room in there for her if you did find her.
I took off the rose colored glasses a few years ago when I stopped being a naive guy when it came to the reality of dealing with lots of women who grew up thinking they were princesses and deserved to be wined and dined, etc. :-)

Once again, I didn't ask for anyone's help. I don't need any help. I am perfectly healthy emotionally and otherwise. If believing in myself, my values and capabilities make me a narcissist, then I stand guilty as charged. I've never been one to think in small terms and I won't start now. If that's off-putting to some people, too damn bad. But hung up on myself? Definitely not.

Quote:
Read your own posts. You've put all these expectations on this woman about how she serves your purposes and you haven't even met her. You've got a laundry list of all she has to be to be honored by your presence. Good grief. Get over yourself. If you do, you might have a chance at a relationship but I, guarantee, she won't be everything you want because you aren't everything you believe yourself to be.
Everything I mentioned in my post, I am. I wouldn't ask for anything I'm not. I don't feel bad about desiring a woman who also desires a partner of strength, courage, intelligence, boldness, kindness, awareness, etc. Where did you see anything about my desiring a supermodel, wealthy woman, a 'girly girl' and all the other stupid things human beings are often hung up on? My 'list' are about one's interpersonal qualities -- What makes them who they are at the core of their being. It's about how they treat others. It's about how they see the world. It's about them desiring to make a difference in other people's lives. That's what that list is all about. I don't want anything less than that.

Quote:
Sorry, I've met your kind before and it always ends the same. Honestly, if you were half of what you say you are, you wouldn't be posting about your dismal love life. There's a problem here. Find a good counselor, identify it and fix it. Then try dating again.
You don't comprehend well, do you? We've never met, so you know nothing about me other than what you've read and interpreted according to your misaligned compass. Whatever.

Quote:
Seriously. Find a good relationship counselor and tell him your woes. Find out what he has to say about your situation. Why you, repeatedly, attract the wrong kind of woman. As I said, if potential buyers aren't living up to your expectations, it's time to take a hard look at what needs to be repaired on the property that is up for sale. People without issues don't have trouble in their love lives. It's people who don't realize they have issues who do.
The women I dated were unique and special in their own right. All very intelligent and accomplished. It's through time that one discovers their broken relationships with their fathers that leads to the break down of them not being able to accept genuine love and affection. These are things that are impossible to know in the beginning and can only be seen as the relationship matures.

The only issue I have is that I'm unwilling to be a simpleton in a society that's highly manipulated.

Quote:
In short, for some reason the type of woman you want is not attracted to you. You can whine about it or you can figure out why and fix it. Me thinks you'll choose to whine about it. You're too convinced you're "All that".

Good luck.
Good luck to you as well.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:04 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,314,482 times
Quote:
Did you ever think about what she might want??? Does that even factor into your equation? )

Good luck.
Ivory Tickler, did it occur to you that the type of woman he's looking for would share his values and outlook in life and wouldn't see his "list" the way you do? I also don't see him whining on here. I'm not sure what he does for a living, but it's obvious the man is an orator of sorts. He writes and verbalizes his thoughts. He's a thinker. What's wrong with that and what's wrong with a person thinking and believing they are special and even more than ordinary. I'd like to think I'm more than ordinary too and couldn't give a rats tush what others think. I know what I have to offer.

How many times do you have to be told that he is not on here desperately seeking nor is he looking for validation....he's just here to put his thoughts out there....just like we all do.

Me thinks some of the venom coming from some folks is because they feel intimidated by self assurance and others who think on a different level. Not wanting to bring race into this (but this is America after all) is it that people think "how dare a man of colour think this way".

Ok I said it.

Last edited by Raggy dee Ann; 12-28-2008 at 01:39 PM..

Old 12-28-2008, 01:18 PM

525 posts, read 948,894 times
Quote:

Good luck.
Very VERY well said..

Old 12-28-2008, 01:33 PM

272 posts, read 621,355 times
I just baked some fresh brownies for you. You'll enjoy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanACM View Post
Very VERY well said..

Old 12-28-2008, 01:36 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,544,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Ivory Tickler, did it occur to you that the type of woman he's looking for would share his values and outlook in life and wouldn't see his "list" the way you do? I also don't see him whining on here. I'm not sure what he does for a living, but it's obvious the man is an orator of sorts. He writes and verbalizes his thoughts. He's a thinker. What's wrong with that and what's wrong with a person thinking and believing they are special and even more than ordinary. I'd like to think I'm more than ordinary too and couldn't give a rats tush what others think. I know what I have to offer.

How many times do you have to be told that he is not on here desperately seeking nor is he looking for validation....he's just here to put his thoughts out there....just like we all do.

Me thinks some of the venom coming from some folks is because they feel intimidated by self assurance and others who think on a different level. Not wanting to bring race into this (but this is America after all) is that that people think "how dare a man of colour think this way".

Ok I said it.
This response is pretty deep!! I agree that Ron has a unique way of thinking about relationships, very much like myself which quite honestly I admire. To label him as being narcissist is way off the radar, but whatever floats ones boat. If belittling someone based on their wants and needs of a relationship makes one feel powerful or "all insightful" then so be it. Ron as I mentioned to you in earlier posts I admire the way you think and I sincerely believe that your past experiences and problems in relationships have taught you a great deal about what you want and desire in your future ones. Based on the information provided I as a professional would consider your current thought processes regarding relationships as being very healthy. We are not perfect people, but we can strive to seek out those mates who have the behavioral characteristics that we most admire and cherish in people. Ron has simply identified what he wants and desires in his future relationships with a woman. GO RON!!

Old 12-28-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post

Me thinks some of the venom coming from some folks is because they feel intimidated by self assurance and others who think on a different level. Not wanting to bring race into this (but this is America after all) is that that people think "how dare a man of colour think this way".

Ok I said it.
And she's probably posting on an internet board about how she can't find Mr. Right .

Sorry, I stand by my posts. If you're, repeatedly, attracting the wrong kind of buyer, you'd better see what needs to be fixed WRT the real estate you're selling.

Why would I feel venom for self assurance in others? Self assurance is actually attractive. What's not is blowing your own horn. That comes off as conceited and that's an ugly trait.

Honestly, my impression from his posts is that he's too stuck up on himself to find someone else. Which is probably good for her.

Seriously, if you keep attracting the wrong kind of buyer, look at the real estate you're selling. There's one common denominator here and that's him. His description of himself leaves one wondering what is wrong with the package? If he's half of what he says, he'd attract extraoridinary women like a magnet yet he doesn't. Gee, why might that be?

There is a big difference between self assurance and conceit. Self assurance will attract women. Conceit will send them running or attract the wrong kind of women. Gee, what keeps happening to him????

Sorry, but the writing is on the wall here. Mr. Perfect can't seem to get a decent date so he posts on a BB that is not a dating site about how wonderful he is, as if his Mrs. Right is also having trouble finding a date ( when she's probably already married). Come on. We've seen this drill over and over and a good relationship counselor is in order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships