Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 08:22 AM

2 posts, read 3,722 times

Advertisements

Okay, so this is my first post and I just need some outsider advice and perspective. Please be gentle and nice with me. For some background info, I'm a junior in high school and a female. I'm about to disclose some personal information but as this is anonymous I hope everything will be okay. Just wanted to say as well that I am leaving out a LOT of other information due to I'm trying to keep this post relatively simple.

I asked X if he would find somebody to [Mod] I assume you are discussing on the street drugs which is forbidden/illegal [/Mod] He said he could this weekend. So here comes Saturday night, he calls me and we arrange to meet in this restaurant parking lot. I get there and get in his car. He asks me what's up and I say something - can't remember. Then I hand it over and he packs it away after we both smell it a little bit and then say no, we've stopped doing this. He doesn't mention the money he's supposed to give me at all. Then we somehow proceed to get into this hour and a half long deep conversation all the while just sitting in his car in the dark at night. We talk about everything. We open up to each other. This deep convo came out of nowhere and I'm still in shock that it happened. I really saw a different side of him and I think he trusted me. He then randomly asks me if I want to get something to eat and I say sure. He still hasn't mentioned the money and I think he's using that as a way to keep me with him since as long as he hasn't paid me, then the deal isn't complete. I bring up the money and he gives it to me. We go and get out food and when I'm pulling out my wallet he tells me that he'll take care of it - so he pays for my food as well. Then we get back to where my car was parked and he tells me he's not trying to be a jerk but he has to go. Later when I'm home, he texts me and asks if I got home on time. He then tells me he enjoyed our deep conversation tonight.

So here's the question? I think he's interested in me. Is he?

I mean he really worked the situation. If he had immediately given me my money then that would have meant he wanted it to be over with but he practically stretched it out into a date.

I am possibly interested in him. . . I'm just still in shock because I wasn't expecting that to happen at all.

I think he might respect me too because he treated me differently than he usually treats girls. He's such a player and a cheater and yet he didn't touch me or attempt to once last night.

Last edited by 2goldens; 12-21-2008 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: Drugs??

Old 12-21-2008, 08:34 AM

525 posts, read 948,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NR3566 View Post

So here's the question? I think he's interested in me. Is he?

I mean he really worked the situation. If he had immediately given me my money then that would have meant he wanted it to be over with but he practically stretched it out into a date.

I am possibly interested in him. . . I'm just still in shock because I wasn't expecting that to happen at all.

I think he might respect me too because he treated me differently than he usually treats girls. He's such a player and a cheater and yet he didn't touch me or attempt to once last night.

Are you saying you are possibly interested in a guy who has already successfully manipulated you once and is a player and a cheater!?

Old 12-21-2008, 08:34 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,652,155 times
Quote:
NR, a lot of girls (usually younger ones) like bad boys because the thought that the guy treats them so much better than he treats everyone else is alluring. Bad boys, aka jerks, instinctively know this, so they pretend to respect girls they want to sleep with more than others until they close the deal. This guy might be interested in you, but I seriously doubt he respects you. If he treats other girls badly, he'll definitely treat you the same.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:36 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,465,484 times
I'm afraid this thread will get pulled.

Don't date guys with bad reps. They will eventually treat you as badly as they've treated the others. You have a crush on him and are looking at him with rose colored glasses. He may like you, but he won't be in it long term. Don't fool yourself. There are few, if any, exceptions to this rule.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:39 AM

2 posts, read 3,722 times
Thank you for the straight advice. You all have good points. I am very cautious about him because there's a very good chance he knows how to play me and is doing so because he just wants to have sex with me. For some reason though, I don't think he is playing me... I've called him out on his ******* behavior before and he knows I know all his bad qualities. We had such an amazing deep conversation. He really told me a lot of stuff. . . it seemed like he trusted me. I don't know. If he calls me and sets up an official date then I will say yes but my guard is definitley on.

Ugh! I hate that I'm attracted to bad boys!

Old 12-21-2008, 08:56 AM

2,163 posts, read 4,342,540 times
OK, wondering what the "****" is that you sold him. Are you saying that you might be interested in a guy who bought your unwanted drugs? Seriously? This guy sounds like bad news all around.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:08 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,652,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
OK, wondering what the "****" is that you sold him. Are you saying that you might be interested in a guy who bought your unwanted drugs? Seriously? This guy sounds like bad news all around.
A player and a cheater who deals drugs... what's not to like? lol ... NR, seriously, you should stay away, but if you don't, just be really, really careful... cheaters/players don't change. He is going to manipulate you in some way for some reason. Don't lose sight of that.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:12 AM

982 posts, read 3,488,117 times
NR,

He probably is interested but not for the right reasons. I could be wrong but your post gave the impression that some illegal activity is going on. I hate to sound like a mother...but I sound like a mother because I am one and I've been in your shoes. I was attracted to "bad boys" when I was younger. All it got me was divorced and raising three kids alone at a pretty young age. For a very long time, I beat myself up over the stupid choices I made.

I know it's hard to take advice from others when your heart wants to do something different than what people are telling you. If you do end up with this guy, make sure you always put what you want first! Don't be like those of us who failed to take the advice of others and had to learn the hard way.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:14 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. Loser with a capital "L".

Old 12-21-2008, 09:31 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,573,150 times
Quote:

I asked X if he would find somebody to buy the **** I had because I was through with that stuff and wanted to get rid of it. He said he could this weekend. So here comes Saturday night, he calls me and we arrange to meet in this restaurant parking lot. I get there and get in his car. He asks me what's up and I say something -

can't remember.

Then I hand it over and he packs it away after we both smell it a little bit and then say no, we've stopped doing this.

You've been dealing with dope or any other illegal drugs with this boy? Your thread shouldn't be asking us if the boy likes you, it instead should be asking us to get you some type of intervention away from him so you won't have to spend the rest of your young life in prison!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships