Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 09:16 PM

25 posts, read 27,291 times

Advertisements

Long time ago i met a man online and felt in love but didn't work out, he just got out of jail, no job and addicted to drugs etc.....but he was so creative, artistic and full of love. also he was younger than me.
After that i decided to date a stable man and i did, but still not work out due to other reasons.
What i really love is the first man, his type......he will never be able to get stable cos of his character.

Now i meet similar type men again, not stable, but artistic, creative..........
i meet a few now, and i love all of them.....
it seems i always fall in love with this type , what shall i do?
i m scared of myself......

edit: it said the person we dated is a mirror of myself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 09:25 PM

125 posts, read 64,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by restoreriver View Post
Long time ago i met a man online and felt in love but didn't work out, he just got out of jail, no job and addicted to drugs etc.....but he was so creative, artistic and full of love. also he was younger than me.
After that i decided to date a stable man and i did, but still not work out due to other reasons.
What i really love is the first man, his type......he will never be able to get stable cos of his character.

You mean ... unstable? Maybe.

It just sounds like the old "passion vs. stability" conundrum. You know, the "nice guy vs. bad boy" conflict.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:38 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,730,962 times
Some people prefer drama to stability.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:45 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Quote:

I have a theory about this....
I think those "loser" type of dudes are highly emotional and super sensitive. So sensitive that they have to do things like take drugs/alcohol just to cope with everyday life. Or they can't keep a job because, well, a lot of jobs suck. Basically, they are so sensitive and emotional that life is too hard for them to cope with. And that emotional sensitivity is what is attractive to some women. Women crave emotional stimulation and these guys do it naturally. The more successful men are more hardened and less emotional and that's nice for stability but meh for emotional connection.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:52 PM

818 posts, read 456,833 times
Very similar
they just hold the characteristics and make up that usually go hand in hand with the type of thing your attracted too , very simple.
Unfortunately though a lot of that will have those downsides to because things like that also all help to make up the type of person that attracts you.
l have a very similar thing but it's all worked out in the end.

When you meet the man you wanna marry , hopefully the mix could be in the middle somewhere and workable.
Or he might be the total opposite to what's attracted you before but it still somehow works.
How about a suit and tie that folds his clothes every night before he lay ye down to sleep haha.
Oh yeah he polishes his shoes every morning too and makes a neatly cut little sandwich and an apple for lunch , shyt l'm cringing.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:23 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
I think you're not ready to settle down, so you're subconsciously picking the guys who 1. don't want to settle down either and 2. won't be hurt when you break up.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to settle down yet. Really, there isnt. Just have fun.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:05 AM

62 posts, read 50,744 times
If you really don't want to keep falling in love with these types, you are going to have to learn to slow down when you first meet a guy.

Trust and intimacy need to be developed over time, not given straight away. You need a clear head to assess whether a guy has potential to be a good and reliable partner.

Use the experiences of your past relationships as guides to pick up any signs or red flags with potential partners. Trust your instincts. If you get the feeling the guy has some issues, end it straight away. Be firm in your resolve and don't settle for less.

That is why it is crucial that you take it slow and figure out who the guy is before you become emotionally invested.

You have the ability to change things, if that is what you really want.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:15 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,391,623 times
Quote:

More like some traits similar to your own father.
I am attracted to men who are abusive just as my father punished me.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:25 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,871,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post

Or if the father lacked presence in your life, you might be attracted to those who easily abandon you.

If you are a "fixer", thinking you can change the "bad boy", you are mistaken...time to focus on you and your specific needs.

OP...learn to make better choices for yourself and your future.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
I don't see the OP saying these men treat her badly - just that they are artistic, creative and not stable which I took to mean, not settled, kind of all over the place.

I think it OP is gravitating in this direction then she isn't ready to settle down yet either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships