Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 09:48 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times

Advertisements

It's over. She is not into you. She wanted off the phone. "Friends" is what women use for "date" like someone said (I've used it myself), move on. No, I would not call her bad unless you want another bowl of what you just had today for breakfast.

How old are you and one overseas call to a chick that you haven't kept in contact with has you doubting your communication skills? C'mon. Get a grip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 09:51 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
i feel like my mind is pretty much made up now that i am not going to call her again.
things were casual between us, that is all she allowed it to be. but there were some moments that gave me second thoughts like when she had tears in her eyes when i was leaving. I just wanted to know really if it was a mistake to even bother calling her earlier today? and if i am doing anything wrong when i am talking to people?
Call her one more time...

Leave her a message if she doesn't answer and be honest. Open up your heart and tell her EXACTLY how you feel...

"Hey...I have been thinking about you alot and...it's been hard to know where we stand. I would just like to either keep in touch or just move on from this point."

"I guess I had thought there was something there between us but I'm wondering if you feel the same."

"I enjoyed our time together... you are a great gal and I am glad I got to know you like I have. If I don't hear from you I hope you continue to find happiness."

"Take care of yourself....Andrew"

Old 12-31-2008, 09:55 AM

Call her one more time? You are not thinking like a female, like we do, Funy. The guy will make a complete @ss of himself. She DID tell him how she felt on the phone. That's how we roll, YO!

OP. . . No no no, do NOT put your heart out there. It will be stomped. Trust me, she told you!!!

Call her again and you will come across needy - and pathetic. Pathetic is icky. Spare yourself. She wasn't a GF to do this.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:01 AM

291 posts, read 611,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Call her one more time? You are not thinking like a female, like we do, Funy. The guy will make a complete @ss of himself. She DID tell him how she felt on the phone. That's how we roll, YO!

OP. . . No no no, do NOT put your heart out there. It will be stomped. Trust me, she told you!!!

Call her again and you will come across needy - and pathetic. Pathetic is icky. Spare yourself. She wasn't a GF to do this.
i would like to open my heart out, but i have to agree with you she was not a girlfriend to do this. but i believe her when she says she is going out with her friends. that seems to be her only hobbie- all she liked doing was going out clubbing with her friends, which is why i often struglled to find things to talk to her about. If she wanted to tell me that she had a boyfriend- she would, but she probably wouldnt want me to know anyway. Thanks for the advice though funyman, they are nice words to say to a woman.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
i would like to open my heart out, but i have to agree with you she was not a girlfriend to do this.
If the girl was not asking you to call her or saying cheerfully or suggestively, "talk to you again soon.." - let it go. Some of us women do not like to be rude by saying "stop calling" and we will let you go to VM and when we do answer, we will be boring as 'ell (and quiet with "uh huh" "yes" and "no" "Im fine" "Yeah" "k" - for you in conversation to take a hint. According to your transcript, she did not even ask how you are or how your Xmas was. What more do you need? Seriously, your heart seems like its in a good spot, Andrew, but apply that to someone who will be receptive to what you have to offer.

"all she liked doing was going out clubbing with her friends"

Unless she is a-sexual or a Lesbian. Do not underestimate. Women are multi-faceted. Do not be a fool to think we don't have our secrets. Fact is, you did not know her long or well enough.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:12 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,546,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Call her one more time...

Leave her a message if she doesn't answer and be honest. Open up your heart and tell her EXACTLY how you feel...

"Hey...I have been thinking about you alot and...it's been hard to know where we stand. I would just like to either keep in touch or just move on from this point."

"I guess I had thought there was something there between us but I'm wondering if you feel the same."

"I enjoyed our time together... you are a great gal and I am glad I got to know you like I have. If I don't hear from you I hope you continue to find happiness."

"Take care of yourself....Andrew"

Andrew, in the event you're even going to consider this....... Give it UP, dude.

Now you're just embarrassing yourself.

Grow some 'nads and be a man. Have a little dignity.

On the other hand, begging and groveling can be effective at times.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Andrew, in the event you're even going to consider this....... Give it UP, dude.

Sure. IF the woman is local and not an ocean away.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:21 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post

That's true.

We don't even know the circumstances of the relationship. I only got a bit of what may have happened or the gist of what happened at the end when he left.

I suppose it would have been better to do all this before you left. Like, "So....I guess this is it." Then find out where he stood.

There probably right Andrew. You did what you could. Let her go Bro.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:26 AM

291 posts, read 611,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
If the girl was not asking you to call her or saying cheerfully or suggestively, "talk to you again soon.." - let it go. Some of us women do not like to be rude by saying "stop calling" and we will let you go to VM and when we do answer, we will be boring as 'ell (and quiet with "uh huh" "yes" and "no" "Im fine" "Yeah" "k" - for you in conversation to take a hint. According to your transcript, she did not even ask how you are or how your Xmas was. What more do you need? Seriously, your heart seems like its in a good spot, Andrew, but apply that to someone who will be receptive to what you have to offer.

"all she liked doing was going out clubbing with her friends"

Unless she is a-sexual or a Lesbian. Do not underestimate. Women are multi-faceted. Do not be a fool to think we don't have our secrets. Fact is, you did not know her long or well enough.
it doesent bother me that she maybe seeing someone else. why would it? she wasnt my girlfriend to begin with. in fact, because where she works is an outdoor bar- one night i was walking to a nearby restaurant with my brothers and we walked past the bar and saw her sitting next to two guys- and she saw me so i just waved at her from afar. if you are drawn to someone enough than it wouldnt bother you that she is seeing someone else, especially if she is not in a relationship with you to begin with.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
it doesent bother me that she maybe seeing someone else. why would it? she wasnt my girlfriend to begin with. in fact, because where she works is an outdoor bar- one night i was walking to a nearby restaurant with my brothers and we walked past the bar and saw her sitting next to two guys- and she saw me so i just waved at her from afar. if you are drawn to someone enough than it wouldnt bother you that she is seeing someone else, especially if she is not in a relationship with you to begin with.

The entire point was that you are pining over someone you do not know at all and taking everything with her at face value and by assumption. Good luck to you and Happy New Year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships